Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

At this point I'm rooting for the Warriors to pull off the sweep. Would love to see 16-0 in the playoffs. Same reason I was rooting for the Pats in 2007 to go undefeated. If they're gonna dominate anyway, might as well make some history.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

At this point I'm rooting for the Warriors to pull off the sweep. Would love to see 16-0 in the playoffs. Same reason I was rooting for the Pats in 2007 to go undefeated. If they're gonna dominate anyway, might as well make some history.

So how do I work this ignore list thing ? 

The reason they lost is because they got ****y. 

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Idk to be honest

i am not sure Lebron can play without the ball like Durant has shown.

The Cavs could use Durant's rim protection and defense though.

I think you can say that about a lot of guys.  He's a point-forward.  He's been the primary ball-handler since day 1.  Better version of Magic Johnson. 

44 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Idk to be honest

i am not sure Lebron can play without the ball like Durant has shown.

The Cavs could use Durant's rim protection and defense though.

Lebron is fantastic cutting to the basket and moving without the ball, but he's never played with a great passer.  His plan in Cleveland was to let Kyrie run point but it didn't work (because Kyrie is a gunner).  Lebron would also be an absolute monster in a system like Golden State or San Antonio's.

37 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think you can say that about a lot of guys.  He's a point-forward.  He's been the primary ball-handler since day 1.  Better version of Magic Johnson. 

Better overall than Magic, I can agree with that.... but I feel the need to say that Magic was the better passer.  Lebron is a great passer, but magic made passes that you had to watch again just to make sure your eyes weren't lying.  Those bounce passes through traffic were incredible.

Edited by Destino

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Better scoring the ball.... not a better passer.  Lebron is a great passer, magic made passes that you have to watch again just to make sure your eyes aren't lying.  

Lebron is a better defender and rebounder too.

Just now, PeterMP said:

Lebron is a better defender and rebounder too.

Yeah I edited it after reading it again.  He's better overall IMO.  I just wanted to point out that Magic's passing was. More than just numbers.  He could make passes regularly that other great passers simply won't attempt.  

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll admit, I kinda am to.  After this year, I'll be sick of it, though.

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I'm aware but the Golden State system doesn't ask for a primary ball handler.

1 hour ago, Destino said:
1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Lebron is fantastic cutting to the basket and moving without the ball, but he's never played with a great passer.  His plan in Cleveland was to let Kyrie run point but it didn't work (because Kyrie is a gunner).  Lebron would also be an absolute monster in a system like Golden State or San Antonio's.

Cutting to the basket is one thing.

The Warriors offense sometimes involve times in which Durant and Curry are moving without the ball to set up others.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Why is everyone now concerned about competitive balance? The NBA hasn't had competitive balance in a very long time. 

Cause we're long suffering Bullets fans with a pretty good team for the next 5-6 years.  If the Wiz were 32-50 this year, we'd be far less invested.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DM72 said:

Why is everyone now concerned about competitive balance? The NBA hasn't had competitive balance in a very long time. 

The NBA has always had more than one team that could win.  This is unprecedented.  Are people really not understanding what's happened?  Do people not realize there won't be any competition for the next three or four years?

11 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

because fans lie to themselves.

I don't know about lying to ourselves, more like we want to believe we have a chance until we actually are beaten.  It's how I do the Redskins, what's the point in assuming there's no chance at all?

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA has always had more than one team that could win.  This is unprecedented.  Are people really not understanding what's happened?  Do people not realize there won't be any competition for the next three or four years?

You think KD is going to stay in GS after 2018?

Edited by Renegade7

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What's the point in following a league where there's no actual competition whatsoever.  It's ****ing pro-wrestling.

I think there are something like 8-10 teams in NBA HISTORY that have won championships.  Competitive balance has never really been a thing LOL. 

Superteams is where it's at.  I'm all for it. 

Wizards land a bonafide third star player, they're in the thick of things in the East. 

GS has set themselves up nicely...but a lot has to go right for them to continue this run of dominance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think there are something like 8-10 teams in NBA HISTORY that have won championships.  Competitive balance has never really been a thing LOL. 

Superteams is where it's at.  I'm all for it. 

Wizards land a bonafide third star player, they're in the thick of things in the East. 

GS has set themselves up nicely...but a lot has to go right for them to continue this run of dominance. 

It's 18.  In order of recency:

1 - Cavs

2 - Warriors

3 - Heat

4 - Spurs

5 - Mavs

6 - Lakers

7 - Celtics

8 - Pistons

9 - Bulls

10 - Rockets

11 - 76ers/Nationals

12 - Thunder/Sonics

13 - Wizards/Bullets

14 - Blazers

15 - Knicks

16 - Bucks

17 - Hawks

18 - Kings/Royals

Lack of parity has been a problem for the NBA for a long time and it's far worse than ever now.

The Wizards could land LeBron and they still wouldn't beat the Warriors.  There is no three or four man combination out there that can beat the Warriors. This is an invincible Warriors team and there is nobody that can compete with them and this is unprecedented.

There has never been another team with two MVPs in their prime before.  But let's be even more clear: this is an era where there are three guys who are going to go down in the Top Ten All Time and the Warriors have two of them.  Nothing in NBA history even comes close to this.  The Warriors are going to cruise to a three or fourpeat.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's 18.  In order of recency:

1 - Cavs

2 - Warriors

3 - Heat

4 - Spurs

5 - Mavs

6 - Lakers

7 - Celtics

8 - Pistons

9 - Bulls

10 - Rockets

11 - 76ers/Nationals

12 - Thunder/Sonics

13 - Wizards/Bullets

14 - Blazers

15 - Knicks

16 - Bucks

17 - Hawks

18 - Kings/Royals

Lack of parity has been a problem for the NBA for a long time and it's far worse than ever now.

The Wizards could land LeBron and they still wouldn't beat the Warriors.  There is no three or four man combination out there that can beat the Warriors. This is an invincible Warriors team and there is nobody that can compete with them and this is unprecedented.

And how is that the Warriors problem? It's not like they got a team filled with a bunch of free agents. If you want to get mad at a team or the system, get mad at the Cavs. They're the ones that tried to build a super team. When they built that team, they thought they had a free reign to the chip for the foreseeable future. But the Warriors happened. 

• Like 2