Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Where did you get your stats from?

I see him averaging 9.8 minutes per game.

About the same as Ian Clark.

I googled Ronnie brown 96 bulls stats and nothing came up until I realized it was randy brown.

I just checked again see I had my columns mixed up. The 15min average was the following year. He was about 10min in the 72 win season

I googled Ronnie brown 96 bulls stats and nothing came up until I realized it was randy brown.

I just checked again see I had my columns mixed up. The 15min average was the following year. He was about 10min in the 72 win season

Let me get this right...The 72-10 Bulls are overrated because some dude named R Brown fell into 9.8 minutes a game? In a bunch of blowouts. While MJ, Scottie and Rodman were chilling on a 15 point lead?

Sigh...The Warriors really aren't even really close to Bulls just yet. They need another impressive title win just to get in the conversation with The Dream and Kobe and Wade.

In fact...94 Rockets over 2016 Warriors in 6.

That's amazing.

I bet all he has to do is wave at a woman and boom they hope in the bed once they see that hand

The Boban has already claimed a bride. She is not a giant and as such he holds her hand with his thumb and index finger.

k2tHGSD.jpg

• Like 1

I think he won 6th man of the year with the Suns.

He was a top notch role player. Six years and five teams ago. He was on his way out of the league before he found a home in Golden State's rotation.

There are several guys who are shaky in Golden State's regular rotation. Their top end's quality and balance and chemistry is what's powering them to greatness and covering up for the low quality in the bottom half of the rotation. Curry is playing at a Jordanian level and Green and Thompson are studs. Barnes is OK and, while he might not start for a lot of teams, he could get big minutes in almost any rotation. And Iggy can turn it on and be an elite role player for stretches plus brings great intangibles. Ezeli is also good and could be a third or fourth big for almost any team. Jason Thompson is also a respectable rotation big even though he's not playing at all for them. Everyone else is replacement level or worse. Speights is a journeyman in his prime, and he has the skill set that guarantees him an NBA roster spot. But he's never been particularly good and he'd suck if he were playing a bigger role for a lesser team. Livingston is an average back up PG who prolonged his NBA career after many stops by finding his way onto a dominant team. Same for Barbosa except he's a third string PG at this point. And even thought Predicto keeps using Bill Wennington and Luc Longley as an indictement of both that Bulls team and the state of the NBA in general in the mid 90's, Andrew Bogut is a scrub who couldn't play anywhere near as big a role for any other team. He's Golden State's Wennington/Longley and provides nothing on offense that couldn't also be provided by a large barrel placed at the elbow.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I was gonna make a Trump hand joke. I swear I don't think I ever heard anything about there being a correlation between the two until him. Is that actually a thing?

I've heard that my whole life. It's a thing

Let me get this right...The 72-10 Bulls are overrated because some dude named R Brown fell into 9.8 minutes a game? In a bunch of blowouts. While MJ, Scottie and Rodman were chilling on a 15 point lead?

No that's not a serious argument but the Warriors 2nd unit would go +10-15 pts at least over the Bulls every game which would help marginalize any advantage the Bulls starters might have. Again, they got away with a weaker bench because of the era.

You shouldve typed that in yellow text. I'd have read it with the Star Wars theme playing in my head

I love this. But man even Star Wars text crawl would throw a line break in there somewhere

I must admit, Steve's "large barrel placed at the elbow" was a fantastic line. Killed me

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

I hate season long retirement tours.  I was disgusted by Derek Jeter's ego tour season where he got gifts from weepy fools acting like the man was about to climb onto a rocket and blast off on a one way trip.  Kobe's has been less absurd at times but it's still too much.  I wish they'd just announce they were retiring at the end of the year and be done with it. 

Now that's dealt with this G-Eazy stuff on sportscenter all day?

Should of had Lil Dicky put something together instead.  :lol:

He didn't win a title until magic was old, bird was done, the bad boys were done. Shaq was mostly a baby playing on expansion team.

Lmao at sean Kemp. Exhibit a.

Name ewing's supporting cast.

I don't think that's an accurate characterization. Bird was done when Jordan won his first, but Magic was only 31. Still in their primes were most of those guys he mentioned like Barkley, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson, Mullin, Drexler, Isiah, and Ewing.

On a completely unrelated note, I didn't realize how many games Shaq missed in his career. He started off ok, but then it was very Beal-esque, going 52, 51, 57, 49 the next 4 years. Kept it together a couple years, then it was 2 years over 70 after age 29. I get it, he was a big dude that took a lot of abuse, but damn, seeing it black and white is jarring.

Edited by justice98

The league was watered down in the 1990s. I watched it. There were some great players, but not enough starter quality players to go around. Very few teams had depth. The NBA had not tapped into the foreign talent yet, with only a few outliers like Smits, Vlade, Petrovic and Sabonis (and Sabonis was long past his prime). Every team had complete bums getting significant minutes in their rotations, even the championship caliber teams.

And yes, the Bulls did crush, but they managed to crush despite having Luc Longley and Bill freaking Wennington as their big men, and no point guards at all.

There aren't enough starter quality players NOW, and that with a couple decades of international influx and early entries. Most of these one and dones aren't ready, but they're going in the lottery and getting handed starting spots.

George Karl is probably getting fired tomorrow. He didn't deserve it but the Kings absolutely deserve to be a top 10 lottery pick franchise every year. Worthless front office and ownership. Too bad they suckered the City (and State) to give them a new arena.  

Edited by The Evil Genius

Saw the "simulation" showing Today's Warriors consistently beating the 72-win Bulls. Ya, know, the panel then made an interesting point about "Enough about how you gonna stop Curry, how are you going to stop Jordan?"

I'm mad we're talking about a simulation. We talkin about simulations, bro? Simulations? We talking about simulations?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

George Karl is probably getting fired tomorrow. He didn't deserve it but the Kings absolutely deserve to be a top 10 lottery pick franchise every year. Worthless front office and ownership. Too bad they suckered the City (and State) to give them a new arena.

All that about Sacramento is true, but George Karl was a bad fit from the beginning. Not to mention, I've always found him to be a bit overrated.

Saw the "simulation" showing Today's Warriors consistently beating the 72-win Bulls. Ya, know, the panel then made an interesting point about "Enough about how you gonna stop Curry, how are you going to stop Jordan?"

I'm mad we're talking about a simulation. We talkin about simulations, bro? Simulations? We talking about simulations?

You'd have to play it like the World Series with different rules for the home team. I think GSW would get smothered on defense with the perimeter defense those Bulls were throwing out. If you give me Jordan, Pippen, Harper, and Rodman checking anybody, I'm taking that group all day. I think Klay would get rendered invisible.

Edited by justice98

The whole discussion regarding bulls vs GS is rather stupid given the media's angle of it.  Media says "OMG Pippen said they'd get swept, how dare he?" and that's their angle.  So, all this talk occurs because of the simple fact that a team with Jordan and Pippen and friends on it, knowing going into a 7 game series is against another "all time great" team, would play up to their opponent and try to humiliate them, resulting in a surefire victory over a 7 game series.  So, all the defense is essentially for a random game 3 or useless game 4 where GS wins a game.   Big deal.  I know ESPN wants little kids watching their t.v. showz to think they are living in such a great era of sports so everything is so awesome so they can increase sports participation and have their trickle down effects eventually lead to the NBA finals getting bigger and bigger and bigger as the NFL gets smaller and smaller and smaller since the NBA is in bed with disney, ABC, and ESPN, but sorry winning 1 more regular season game during an 82 game season as well as 5 less championships does not make this GS better than those.  Ludicrous.  

And I'm rooting for GS to win multiple in a row, and have Curry become this era's best legend, since Lebron was a weak #1 player relative to eras past.  Curry to me is already at his best better than any lebron phase.  Curry fits in better on offenses, and has a much better track record in games that matter most.  So yes I love Curry too.  This tirade is more anti sports media than it is GS itself. 

If Jordan called muggsy bogues a "****ing midget" which affected the rest of his career, Jordan is going to call pretty much the entire "2016 tough" GS team all sorts of things, and probably have some picture perfect moments. 

Doesn't matter what the "rulez r," jordan will either play his style in their era, or he will just go to the basket, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, until he reaches 100 FT attempts, breaking Wilt's scoring record in game 1, demoralizing GS going forward.  

Most importantly, Steve Kerr creates a wormhole when the fabric of reality realizes there are two of them, but chooses to disintegrate the GS version of him, because, Jordan would kick the universe's ass if they chose the other one. 

There aren't enough starter quality players NOW, and that with a couple decades of international influx and early entries. Most of these one and dones aren't ready, but they're going in the lottery and getting handed starting spots.

Getting handed starting spots on bottom of the barrel teams that are rebuilding.  

Teams in the 90s that weren't rebuilding had bums all over their rosters, including starters.  The Bulls had three great players and two mediocrities in their starting lineup.