Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Kobe the closest talent to MJ. Guy is unreal. Don't like or dislike him, but respect the talent.

I think the rape allegations holds a shadow over him for most people.

In terms of style I guess but LeBron is definitely closer talent-wise. Guy does everything well (and is way more likable than Kobe or Jordan for the record).

Durant was absolutely unreal in the first half last night.   He had 30 points in 19 minutes on 10 for 13 shooting (5-6 on threes) and there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it.   He was well guarded but he just couldn't miss.  

First person since the NBA-ABA merger to get 30 points in less than 20 minutes of playing time.

Mark Cuban is a brass balled, forward thinking self made billionaire genius, that youd want to chill and grab a beer with.

Dan Snyder is an insecure, reactionary, socially awkward little man who has no clue how build anything from the ground up, but instead run it into the ground

Pretty much this. Well, Snyder was self made I believe, but he simply isn't the forward thinker Cuban is.

Mark Cuban is a brass balled, forward thinking self made billionaire genius, that youd want to chill and grab a beer with.

Dan Snyder is an insecure, reactionary, socially awkward little man who has no clue how build anything from the ground up, but instead run it into the ground

Truer words were never spoken.

Gasol got away with a walk on that buzzer beater vs SA. They should consider making that part of the play reviewable in end-game situations. His pivot foot was clearly up before his other foot was.

Dislike making that reviewable and end game situations only. Either make it reviewable through the whole game or not at all.

Cuban is a strong leader and he knows basketball. He knows people too. He's built one of the best franchises in American Sports. The Mavs were in a rough place before he acquired the team. He was fortunate that Dirk worked out like he did, because the success of the Mavs during the Cuban era has come off the back of Dirk. Seeing this kid as a future franchise player took some vision though:

Dirk-Nowitzki_Wurzburg.jpg

Cuban is a strong leader and he knows basketball. He knows people too. He's built one of the best franchises in American Sports. The Mavs were in a rough place before he acquired the team. He was fortunate that Dirk worked out like he did, because the success of the Mavs during the Cuban era has come off the back of Dirk. Seeing this kid as a future franchise player took some vision though:

Dirk-Nowitzki_Wurzburg.jpg

he didnt see anything, Donnie Nelson did.

and Cuban was a joke owner until Dirk started to come into his own. He was out there embarrassing himself and the league with his new money actions. Success makes anyone look smart.

Nelson for the Mavericks, and credit Cuban for getting out of his way behind the scenes while taking the bullets for team in public.

and Cuban was a joke owner until Dirk started to come into his own. He was out there embarrassing himself and the league with his new money actions. Success makes anyone look smart.

Nelson for the Mavericks, and credit Cuban for getting out of his way behind the scenes while taking the bullets for team in public.

Nelson is a truly brilliant GM and you're right, Cuban is fortunate to have him. But Cuban is a very involved owner that manages to walk the line of being active but not getting in the way really well. That's special.

I wouldn't say Cuban was an embarrassment. That would mean the NBA actually had some shame. Incorrigible yes, and he still is. But the thing about Cuban is he is always fun and it doesn't really seem like he takes himself seriously when he acts up. I think his transgressive voice is actually good for the NBA big picture, and I think the NBA, of all leagues, needs owners like him. I like that he's not afraid to call the league out for some of it's BS, and it's a good thing for the NBA that he is one of the key personalities that defines the league.

But bottom line, the Mavs have been a model of functionality and competitiveness and excellence under his ownership whereas they were a mess under the Perots. That kind of sustained success can only come from great leadership at the very top.

Virtually all teams are bad until they get a good player to build around.  The point is that good owners find success and capitalize on opportunities.  

Snyder is the opposite, he finds ways to fail.  He could have been handed the Seattle Seahawks and he'd have poisoned the well in no time at all.  He'd be best friends with Sherman, who would then run his mouth all the time because no one could touch him.  He'd fire the GM, because he wants a crony in that spot that strokes his ego, and hire a coach that didn't like running the ball.     

• Like 1

Waiving Smith is seriously an utter disaster. They have two more fully guaranteed seasons of 14 million per after this one. They're going to be paying him like 40 million dollars to play for someone else.

SVG inherited a salary cap mess from Dumars. Yikes. And Drummond taking a step back this season? It's going to be a while before Detroit gets good again.

Nelson is a truly brilliant GM and you're right, Cuban is fortunate to have him. But Cuban is a very involved owner that manages to walk the line of being active but not getting in the way really well. That's special.

I wouldn't say Cuban was an embarrassment. That would mean the NBA actually had some shame. Incorrigible yes, and he still is. But the thing about Cuban is he is always fun and it doesn't really seem like he takes himself seriously when he acts up. I think his transgressive voice is actually good for the NBA big picture, and I think the NBA, of all leagues, needs owners like him. I like that he's not afraid to call the league out for some of it's BS, and it's a good thing for the NBA that he is one of the key personalities that defines the league.

But bottom line, the Mavs have been a model of functionality and competitiveness and excellence under his ownership whereas they were a mess under the Perots. That kind of sustained success can only come from great leadership at the very top.

Cuban is the public face of the Mavericks and takes the bullets. I have no problems with that. All I said is that when he started, he was an embarrassment to the league but he has done great letting Nelson do his thing.

Virtually all teams are bad until they get a good player to build around.  The point is that good owners find success and capitalize on opportunities.  

Snyder is the opposite, he finds ways to fail.  He could have been handed the Seattle Seahawks and he'd have poisoned the well in no time at all.  He'd be best friends with Sherman, who would then run his mouth all the time because no one could touch him.  He'd fire the GM, because he wants a crony in that spot that strokes his ego, and hire a coach that didn't like running the ball.

Snyder is a clown shoes, so you are right. I just dont like anyone saying Cuban was the reason. It could have gone a different route had the Nelsons not been there originally to hold his hand. And Donnie was so deep in the international talent before anyone had even thought about it. Honestly, if you were gonna rate the best talent evaluater of the last 25 years, Nelson has to be talked about.