Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Laker fans,

I believe I have it right. If the Lakers don't finish in the bottom 3, their pick goes to Philly which would be a top pick.

My question is, are you rooting for the Lakers to win or lose?

if it means getting this guy:

ESPN Stats & InfoVerified account

‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Ben Simmons final line tonight:

43 points

15-20 FG

14 rebounds

7 assists

5 steals

3 blocks

they're probably rooting for losses

Who ever roots for their team to lose ?

if I knew my team had no hope of doing anything in the season and their was a potential franchise changer in the draft, losing for one season may be better than winning. This is the one sport where one guy can change everything

the nba is a little harder to predict because of the "lottery", but lose the battle, win the war strategy works sometimes.

Edited by StillUnknown

It's a lottery system. That guy might not be there anyway.

That's true. As much as my Sixers have been tanking, they've yet to get the #1 overall pick. But they will be one of the few teams that will have a shot at Simmons.

• Like 1

When you can't get out of the quarter/semi-finals, and a guy takes virtually the same team, and mauls his way to an NBA title, there can't be anymore of a scathing indictment on the previous staff than that. Im sorry.

Mark Jackson is a good man, but he simply was not cut out for the task of helping that team reach their potential.

People need to let it go

seemed to be a decent motivator, lacking in X's & O's though

wouldn't call him terrible, its not like GS was scraping the bottom of the barrel when he was there

Fantastic motivator, but a terrible coach. 

I think the Warriors were winning in spite of what Jackson was trying to do via Xs & Os. 

Mark Jackson was a terrible coach.  Simple as that. 

He was a good coach... for an NBA team in 1997.

The NBA changed and he didn't.

Plus he is a paranoid abrasive jerk - but that never stopped anyone from being a successful sports coach before.

• Like 1

Smith shows his ignorance of the game when he argues that talented teams need very little coaching. It's an annoying opinion shared by a lot of fans and basketball media. They pretend that an NBA coaches job is simply to keep guys happy and let them play. Well I should say, they do so when they win. This belief doesn't stop them from immediately demanding a coach be fired when they lose. See Houston Rockets.

• Like 2