Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I still think this goes 7

Gotta believe Toronto will shoot better at home.

When the Bucks are hitting shots, they are better.  They need another shooter or two, I still hate when Toronto takes time off.

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Ernie Grunfeld really took Jan ****ing Vesely over Kawhi

and was never punished for it

i need drugs

Lets be real though, not like he would've done anything in DC except break his back slipping in a patch of ice.

This is the Land of Tears.... and that weird mythical hockey team thats consistently  pretty good  but... well, its hockey, and as such, shouldnt really be counted at all.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Raptors shot 36.9% from the field, on the road, and won.  Mostly because they got to the line 31 times and hit 12 more free throws than the Bucks.  

Bucks offense was bad tonight and they lost their composure on defense.  

46 minutes ago, Destino said:

Middleton takes a turn around three with 16 seconds left off of a timeout?  The bucks have made a lowlight reel in the end of this one.  

This is the first time most of them have been on a team that's any good.  First time playing big games.  It shows.  Breakdowns of composure.  A lack of patience.  Dumb situational basketball.  Middleton is a bad shot maker so when he's not on, his game is ugly.  Gasol and Hill are their only seasoned guys on the roster.  They could really use Gasol right now.

Toronto has been good for a few years, to the point where even their shakier young guys like Powell and VanVleet and Siakim have a solid amount of experience.  Lowry is much better now that he's playing a drastically reduced role, and he's been around long enough that the lightbulb should have finally turned on.  Kawhi is the league's best big game stud after LeBron and Durant, and guys like Gasol and Ibaka and Green have as much postseason experience as any regular rotation role players you can find.

I really enjoy this Milwaukee team, and I think they have an extremely bright future, but I hope Toronto wins this series.  Milwaukee will get swept by the Warriors if they win.  It's an awful match up.  Toronto will get a game or two and they at least have a puncher's chance.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

Toronto has no punchers chance Steve. Curry > Lowry

KD=> KL

Klay > ???

Green > Siakim

Iggy> whoever their 6th man is

etc. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Canadian Kawhi is about as good as anyone could have hoped. Maybe even better. I hope he stays this summer

Me too. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Canadian Kawhi is about as good as anyone could have hoped. Maybe even better. I hope he stays this summer

They have "Kawhi eats here free signs", I can see him settling in.  Cant see him going to clippers unless KD leaves GS, why go back east and have to deal with that in the second round

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He's back to his 2016-2017 form--the year he should have won MVP instead of Westbrook.  I had my doubts that he could get back to that level after missing a season with injury, but I think it's clear now that he was faking that injury in order to force the Spurs to trade him.

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Toronto has no punchers chance Steve. Curry > Lowry

KD=> KL

Klay > ???

Green > Siakim

Iggy> whoever their 6th man is

etc. 

With Durant, I agree.  It's a lock.  But we don't know what kind of shape he's in.  He could miss half the series.  If that happens... I trust Kawhi in big games more than I trust Curry.  Especially since Curry and Thompson have had some bumps and bruises this postseason and Iggy is currently banged up.

Toronto has to close out Milwaukee first though, which won't be easy.  And they need to stay healthy.  That's definitely not a given for Kawhi.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

They have "Kawhi eats here free signs", I can see him settling in.  Cant see him going to clippers unless KD leaves GS, why go back east and have to deal with that in the second round

I can see him leaving for the Clippers, but he'd become a Canadian legend and the most beloved player in franchise history if he commits to Toronto long term.

I don't think he cares about that though.  There is some very real appeal to LA.  The market and environment easily beat Toronto.  They've got a better coach.  Really one of the best coaches in the league.  They've got a better supporting cast of role players so winning with what's on the roster today would be more sustainable long term.  And KD on the Warriors is a road block for every team, no matter what conference they're in.

If Masai sticks around in Toronto, that could probably make me stay in Toronto if I'm Kawhi.  We see how fundamental great management is to sustained success, and Masai is a top five GM IMO.  Really wish the Wizards could have poached him.

Ultimately, I think Kawhi will sign with the Clippers and they make the leap to a top three seed next season.  That roster and coaching situation is really good and they're basically just waiting for a big fish like Kawhi to sign in order to make the leap to contention.

Even if they lose the next two, the Kawhi trade was the right gamble for Toronto. They were going nowhere with DeRozan, and it's not like they are ever going to be a free agent destination. Kawhi is the one big-time star in the league who may actually like being off the radar a bit, and they've made the best pitch possible to convince him to stay.

I hope this is a lesson to teams that assets are only assets if you use them and sometimes, you have to roll the dice on a deal.

It's also the reason I would never trade AD if I'm New Orleans. I want a full year of him and Zion and some hopefully excited fans to convince him that this could work.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's also the reason I would never trade AD if I'm New Orleans. I want a full year of him and Zion and some hopefully excited fans to convince him that this could work.

If Davis has made it known to them that he wants out, then they need to trade him ASAP.  Indy and the Clippers proved that you can turbo charge your rebuild if you trade your disgruntled star before he has the chance to walk.

New Orleans is also in the enviable position of already having a new franchise player to build around.  The smart GM leverages Davis to put a tremendous supporting cast around Zion so that he develops properly and never becomes unhappy.

I would trade Davis to New York on draft day for every asset they've got: Knox + Robinson + Smith Jr + RJ barrett + 2020 first + 2022 first + 2024 first.

David Griffin is a bad GM though.  I think he's going to try and ride this thing out with Davis and eventually deal him for a crap return or let him walk.

3 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Even if they lose the next two, the Kawhi trade was the right gamble for Toronto. They were going nowhere with DeRozan, and it's not like they are ever going to be a free agent destination. Kawhi is the one big-time star in the league who may actually like being off the radar a bit, and they've made the best pitch possible to convince him to stay.

I hope this is a lesson to teams that assets are only assets if you use them and sometimes, you have to roll the dice on a deal.

NO must have done irreparable damage for Davis not even wanting to entertain the thought of him and Zion as a plug anywhere tandem.