Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I was having a discussion on another forum about CP3 and how overrated that dude is. That guy never been to a final and just keeps putting duds in playoffs year after year. Is he elite PG, very good, or just good? He's been on those Houston teams that haven't done jack ****. Part of that is D'antoni is a bad coach too. 

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's going to go to the Clippers.

Toronto couldn't give him away.  And for his sake, I hope is performance in the 2015 playoffs was him quitting on his team.

Maybe. I was doing some research and apparently he has zero interest in teaming up with LeBron. That is just hearsay t hough. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Leonard should go to the Bucks. Him or KD and win a championship there next season. 

I'm tired of super teams.  The reason the EC bracket was interesting this year is because it was four good teams and no super teams.  I would much rather see Leonard go to the Clippers.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm tired of super teams.  The reason the EC bracket was interesting this year is because it was four good teams and no super teams.  I would much rather see Leonard go to the Clippers.

Two stars on a team doesn't equal a super team. Plus, I just want them to go mercenary style. One year deals, get a championship. Durant would actually be a perfect fit for the Bucks. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Two stars on a team doesn't equal a super team. Plus, I just want them to go mercenary style. One year deals, get a championship. Durant would actually be a perfect fit for the Bucks. 

Two top five players on the same team does.  Year to year ring hunting sounds awful.  I'm not interested in watching an NBA that's purely for the front running fans.

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Not a soul connected to the Lakers looks good in this story

True, but thats what happens when "Life with LeBron" basically meets that tunnel of wildfire. Ive said in the past how ****ty he was starting out in Miami, and how he tried it again when he left (it wasnt because he just wanted to go back home, he still was at odds with Spo, and couldnt oust him the way he can oust the coach and install his puppet pretty much everywhere else). 

Prevailing opinion among most is that this is fine, so long as you can get a championship. But whats left is a smoking pile of rubble. If you already have a toxic organization (not one that gets him to fall in line and not one that does whatever he wants, but one that is already coming apart at the seams, looking for him to be their remedy), I think we're finally seeing what that looks like.

• Like 2

RJ Hampton, the No. 5 prospect in the ESPN 100 class of 2019, has signed a contract with the New Zealand Breakers of the Australian National Basketball League, he announced on ESPN's Get Up on Tuesday.

Hampton becomes the first American player to willingly forgo college for playing international basketball, unlike players such as Brandon JenningsEmmanuel Mudiay and Terrance Ferguson, who signed overseas amid concerns regarding their academic or amateur status.

"My No. 1 goal is to play in the NBA," Hampton told ESPN. "I wanted to be an NBA player before I ever wanted to be a college player. This is about getting ready for the next level faster and more efficiently.

"Both of my parents went to college. My mom got her master's degree. Education is a big thing in our family, but this is about focusing 100 percent on basketball. You can always go back to college, but there's only a short window as an athlete where you can play professional basketball, and I want to take advantage of that. I think that challenging yourself on a daily basis is the best way to improve."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26836790/hampton-skips-college-new-zealand-pro-team

Good for him.  Basketball isn’t a US sport anymore, it’s global.  If the ncaa won’t pay him, someone else will and he can still get his shot in the nba.  

The nba D league should already have all of the top recruits, they shouldn’t even consider ncaa.

• Thanks 1

BUT.... There is something to big campus success, and all the financial inroads you can make (for when you get to the league and can cash in on it). I look at it like a short term investment.

I do think that if you're 100% next level bball and nothing else, there really is no reason to go to school for a year.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I do think that if you're 100% next level bball and nothing else, there really is no reason to go to school for a year. 

Yeah, you are probably right, but the NCAA is still the best way to get exposure for the American market.  But you have to play, and play well.  You've got to make it to the tourney, and if you can show out on that stage, it helps.  There are a bunch of other well-televised tournaments and invitationals in the NCAA too, plus a lot of regular season games are widely broadcast.  Playing in the ACC or Big 10 can help you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

True, but thats what happens when "Life with LeBron" basically meets that tunnel of wildfire. Ive said in the past how ****ty he was starting out in Miami, and how he tried it again when he left (it wasnt because he just wanted to go back home, he still was at odds with Spo, and couldnt oust him the way he can oust the coach and install his puppet pretty much everywhere else). 

Prevailing opinion among most is that this is fine, so long as you can get a championship. But whats left is a smoking pile of rubble. If you already have a toxic organization (not one that gets him to fall in line and not one that does whatever he wants, but one that is already coming apart at the seams, looking for him to be their remedy), I think we're finally seeing what that looks like.

I think you're correct.  It was already toxic when LeBron arrived to LA and his presence didn't do anything to remedy the situation.  It sounds like it was doomed from the start...Magic, as great as he was as a player and has been in business isn't cut out for that role.  Pelinka doesn't know what he's doing, neither does Buss.  Even without LeBron and Rich Paul, this thing was going to go off the rails at some point.  The magnitude of LeBron and all he brings with with him just made this implosion faster.

This is a true trainwreck.  Painful to watch but can't look away.  IMO, no one is going to go there this summer.  

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, you are probably right, but the NCAA is still the best way to get exposure for the American market.  But you have to play, and play well.  You've got to make it to the tourney, and if you can show out on that stage, it helps.  There are a bunch of other well-televised tournaments and invitationals in the NCAA too, plus a lot of regular season games are widely broadcast.  Playing in the ACC or Big 10 can help you.

That exposure means little if you aren’t getting paid, and very few college athletes are landing monster shoe deals out of college anymore.  What matters most is success as a pro and maximizing income.  Like the young man said, you can always go back to college but your widow to play pro ball is limited.  

What the nba needs is to control US basketball the way euro soccer controls their sport.  The ncaa cares about the ncaa and doesn’t even have the same rulebook or court dimensions as the nba.  The nba should take the best recruits early and cut out AAU and the NCAA entirely.  Develop them to be pros from the day they get their hands on them with absolutely no other priorities.  No college coaches or AAU coaches limiting players to only what they can do well with the goal of winning in meaningless amateur leagues.  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

That exposure means little if you aren’t getting paid, and very few college athletes are landing monster shoe deals out of college anymore.  What matters most is success as a pro and maximizing income.  Like the young man said, you can always go back to college but your widow to play pro ball is limited.  

What the nba needs is to control US basketball the way euro soccer controls their sport.  The ncaa cares about the ncaa and doesn’t even have the same rulebook or court dimensions as the nba.  The nba should take the best recruits early and cut out AAU and the NCAA entirely.  Develop them to be pros from the day they get their hands on them with absolutely no other priorities.  No college coaches or AAU coaches limiting players to only what they can do well with the goal of winning in meaningless amateur leagues.  

One thing is for sure... It would make the NBA a vastly superior product compared to what they have now.

Not sure what it does for the NCAA though, which is why I dont think it will happen. I think they're out of control, and could probably find a way to block that

So Rich Paul seems like a fun and constructive entourage member to have buzzing around your organization.  He is almost unbelievably self destructive.

LeBron being the way he is cost himself rings.  That needs to be factored into to the consideration of where he stands among the All Timers.  Magic, Russell, and Kareem never would have wantonly killed so many coaches and destroyed so many teams.

Although Magic comes out of this looking pretty bad too.  He reads like the terrible and incompetent boss from every 90's slacker comedy movie.  He had one foot out of the door from the moment he was hired.  That "if we don't sign a star Jeannie won't have to fire me" statement is a lot funnier in hindsight when you think about how he never really wanted the job.  He was probably like "****" when they managed to sign LeBron.  Hence the Rondo/Stephenson/JaVale signings that came immediately after.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron being the way he is cost himself rings.  That needs to be factored into to the consideration of where he stands among the All Timers.  Magic, Russell, and Kareem never would have wantonly killed so many coaches and destroyed so many teams.

Magic is long rumored to have gotten Paul Westhead fired.  They hit it out of the park by hiring Pat Riley after.