Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Haslett : Time For Him To Show Something ?

There's no excuse for it. it all starts up front. QBs are given clean pockets all day long. Orakpo had a couple of stat sacks yesterday but on 3rd and anything, the quarterback has no one in his face, no one in his lap, no one near him. 

With the zones they have to play there's no QB in the NFL that can't pick them apart.

No pressure. And there's absolutely no excuse.

2 first round picks.

a 2nd round pick

2 free agents

veterans.

it is the one unit on defense that SHOULD be able to hold up it's end, and it absolutely and utterly fails, every single week. No run stop, no pass pressure.

It is doom. 

~Bang

• 1 month later...

This thread more than deserves a bump.

for those who may be new to ExtremeSkins, take a read through this thread; it tells you everything you need to know about Haslett and his inabilities as a DC.

After Mike and Kyle being let go, of all things I expected to see Haslett shown the door as well; for him to be near Redskins Park is disturbing, regardless of what may be in his contract; just pay him to leave Snyder, if you're going to clean house, do it the right way...

SIC

I want a lurking reporter here to ask Haslet how much Mike dictated his game plans. One or two plays a game, the entire scheme for the game, one game a year, the final drives... what was it.

As we learned 3 seasons too late, the play you hate Haslet most for, was actually Mike's brilliant idea. 

If true its a tough pill to swallow to know that you have been complaining about the wrong guy for 3 years. 

I want a lurking reporter here to ask Haslet how much Mike dictated his game plans. One or two plays again, the entire scheme for the game, one game a year... what was it.

As we learned 3 seasons too late, the play you hate Haslet most for, was actually Mike's brilliant idea. 

Its a tough pill to swallow know that you have been complaining about the wrong guy for 3 years. 

Pretty sure he called 90% or more of the plays.  Pretty sure that 95% or more of the plays were just plain embarrassing.

Pretty sure he called 90% or more of the plays.  Pretty sure that 95% or more of the plays were just plain embarrassing.

I presume Mike did not call many plays, but he may well have dictated game plans.  Go make it work, Hazzie!

Like the plan in Oakland, do not get after Pryor. Who didnt even play, yet they stuck to the game plan. I do feel Mike had a hand in all aspects of the team but its a guess. 

Haslet had a tough job. London was clearly slowed the past 2 years. No wonder London loves Mike. Despite great OLBs the interior never got a push. Our safety play has been well documented and riddled with injuries. 

I am totally fine with Haslet gone but until I know that who we replace him with is better, I am trying to rationalize why he is still employed today. 

This thread more than deserves a bump.

for those who may be new to ExtremeSkins, take a read through this thread; it tells you everything you need to know about Haslett and his inabilities as a DC.

After Mike and Kyle being let go, of all things I expected to see Haslett shown the door as well; for him to be near Redskins Park is disturbing, regardless of what may be in his contract; just pay him to leave Snyder, if you're going to clean house, do it the right way...

SIC

Prepare yourself for Haslett being promoted to hc when nobody else takes this job.

Because isn't this thread specifically about hating on Haslett?

Not a Haslett fan. Never was. I've wanted that dude gone forever. You can find me voicing my frustration all throughout this thread. My point was that even though I wanted him gone, the fact that he's still here (and his fate rests with the next staff) shouldn't be a big deal, but people will make it one, because they need something to hate.

Every staff brings in their guys, unless there is already a top unit in place (which there clearly isn't). He's as good as gone.

As long as temporary is a matter of days and not years. He should have been gone 2 years ago, and most assumed it was mike's loyalty that kept him around.

Agreed completely.

But people are freaking out on this messageboard about Haslett still technically being employed by the Redskins to a ridiculous degree. Just wait. He'll be gone soon enough and a year from now we won't even remember that he wasn't purged at the same time as Shanahan.

As long as temporary is a matter of days and not years. He should have been gone 2 years ago, and most assumed it was mike's loyalty that kept him around.

I think most of the staff firings were pretty much a point of getting all of  "Mike's boys" out and leaving everyone else to the mercy of the next regime. I think its pretty clear that Haslett got kind of a bad deal (even though I'm sure he still would've sucked with complete control and no interference) which may be why he wasn't completely ****canned like Burns was.

I think the only reason he put up with it was because the pay was good, and no other team in their right mind would hire him. He's probably going to be a LB coach or will go back to the UFL

Agreed completely.

But people are freaking out on this messageboard about Haslett still technically being employed by the Redskins to a ridiculous degree. Just wait. He'll be gone soon enough and a year from now we won't even remember that he wasn't purged at the same time as Shanahan.

Most people here remember what happened last time we had a coordinator in place before the hc, culminated in a swinging gate play; don't exactly blame the paranoia when dumber things have happened to us. Is it allen calling the shots on the firings and hirings?

Most people here remember what happened last time we had a coordinator in place before the hc, culminated in a swinging gate play; don't exactly blame the paranoia when dumber things have happened to us. 

It's different though. Zorn was actually hired to be the OC by Snyderatto. He wasn't a holdover like Has, and was off limits. I think that was why very few coaches wanted to come here

Archived