Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Haslett : Time For Him To Show Something ?

Jim Haslett can actually get a job as Robocop stunt double. He looks like his twin. I just wish his  defense was as successful as Robocop was a fighting crime, because it's a crime watching him get paid to put that defensive scheme on the field EVERY week. He's stealing money from this team impersonating a defensive coach.

It doesn't make sense to me how haslett continues to have a job here, especially when he refuses to make adjustments. I think that is common sense, you don't have to be a great dc to see you need to make adjustments. For example, in the gb game, once they realized their oline couldn't hold blocks for 5-7 step drops they went to 3 step drops and abused us for the rest of the 1st half in the flats. You would think atleast 1 adjustment would've been made, but I guess haslett thought they would go away from what's working because that's what he does so often...

The only question left now is does Haz leave by himself or the entire staff leaving? I gotta admit i won't shed tears over Kyle and his playcalling.

You can bet the farm Haslett will not leave on his own. In his own mind he is doing a great job; arrogance and denial are in his DNA.

He knows good and well he will not find another DC job anywhere, not even Jacksonville or TB would welcome him in. The big problem is, who will apply the pressure to remove him from this team? Mike?  I doubt Mike would without pressure from Snyder, and the only way Snyder gets pressure is by the fans and media coverage on how fans are outraged at Haslett's ineptness.

The time will come, its just a matter of when; mid-season is fine with me and probably the majority of ESers, Morris can fill in for the remainder, or take an alternative route and possibly use someone else.

Bottom line is, Haslett has to go. Period.

The only question left now is does Haz leave by himself or the entire staff leaving? I gotta admit i won't shed tears over Kyle and his playcalling.

You can bet the farm Haslett will not leave on his own. In his own mind he is doing a great job; arrogance and denial are in his DNA.

He knows good and well he will not find another DC job anywhere, not even Jacksonville or TB would welcome him in. The big problem is, who will apply the pressure to remove him from this team? Mike?  I doubt Mike would without pressure from Snyder, and the only way Snyder gets pressure is by the fans and media coverage on how fans are outraged at Haslett's ineptness.

The time will come, its just a matter of when; mid-season is fine with me and probably the majority of ESers, Morris can fill in for the remainder, or take an alternative route and possibly use someone else.

Bottom line is, Haslett has to go. Period.

You're 100% right. I've come to recognize that Shanny won't acknowledge anything is ever wrong. The team just needs to keep improving. But for every step they take forward in one department they back peddled in numerous other ones. I don't have a problem w/ the staff calling players out. But when they can't see their own faults you get this muddled disaster that is the Skinz.

One aspect of all of this that is not mentioned is the abilities, or lack thereof, by the scouts.

If you look at the team right now, its built more for foul weather, a slow punishing mostly running type of game, but especially the defense.  The NFL today is constantly morphing into a speed game, and we all know speed kills; look at what opponents have done to the defense; usually fast agile receivers and backs which have great games against us. Look at our LBs; yes I like Jackson and Riley, but with the emergence of speedy tall TEs, there's no way they can keep up with them.

So look at the scouting dept and ask yourself what players they are looking at vs the scheme they will be put in; December games where the field/weather is ugly, and they do pretty well, but most of the season is decent/good weather games, not to mention domed opponents. look at a lot of the players around the league, who maybe played basketball or ran track, attributes which give that player an advantage.

One aspect of all of this that is not mentioned is the abilities, or lack thereof, by the scouts.

If you look at the team right now, its built more for foul weather, a slow punishing mostly running type of game, but especially the defense.  The NFL today is constantly morphing into a speed game, and we all know speed kills; look at what opponents have done to the defense; usually fast agile receivers and backs which have great games against us. Look at our LBs; yes I like Jackson and Riley, but with the emergence of speedy tall TEs, there's no way they can keep up with them.

So look at the scouting dept and ask yourself what players they are looking at vs the scheme they will be put in; December games where the field/weather is ugly, and they do pretty well, but most of the season is decent/good weather games, not to mention domed opponents. look at a lot of the players around the league, who maybe played basketball or ran track, attributes which give that player an advantage.

Super athletic Mycheal Kendricks was VERY HIGH on our draft board he was taken by the eagles who picked ahead of us and we also drafted another a super athletic linebacker who is a very very very good cover guy in Keenan Robinson I agree we need super athletic defenders and I think the scouting department is trying to do that. I'm interested to see who we take in the draft this year? I think we need the defense to be overhauled drastically like the saints overhauled their D for Rob Ryan. 

It doesn't make sense to me how haslett continues to have a job here, especially when he refuses to make adjustments. I think that is common sense, you don't have to be a great dc to see you need to make adjustments. For example, in the gb game, once they realized their oline couldn't hold blocks for 5-7 step drops they went to 3 step drops and abused us for the rest of the 1st half in the flats. You would think atleast 1 adjustment would've been made, but I guess haslett thought they would go away from what's working because that's what he does so often...

Actually, it does--Shanny hired him to coach a defense that doesn't fit the personnel. I think any criticism of Haz has to be simultaneously levied at Shanny. Haslett was put in an impossible position. He should've never been hired in the first place. 

Actually, it does--Shanny hired him to coach a defense that doesn't fit the personnel. I think any criticism of Haz has to be simultaneously levied at Shanny. Haslett was put in an impossible position. He should've never been hired in the first place. 

Yeppers.

Lets not forget the fact that Haslett has never been a good DC anywhere he's been, but to hire him and put him in a situation where he's doomed from the get-go doesn't make sense.

Maybe Mike needs to soften his desires for the 3-4.

Here is a quote from Jim Haslett today in the WP.  He was talking about how he feels the Skins can go 7-0 to finish this season again and how this defense is primed for a sudden turnaround ---

“I love the way our guys practice and are into it. Teams that are going downhill don’t practice the way we practice,” Haslett said. “Those teams are negative. We don’t have that here."

In some weird way this could be an encouraging sign. 

Think about it this way --- Jim Haslett knows plenty about coaching bad defenses as he has done so for much of his career.

If Jim Haslett says this team's terrible defense practices better than terrible defenses he has coached in the past, then maybe there is hope!!!

I think we need the defense to be overhauled drastically like the saints overhauled their D for Rob Ryan. 

If we could have that kind of turnaround, we'll be back in the discussion immediately. Our offense overall isn't as dominant as theirs, but our running game is a greater threat.

That will obviously require finding a new DC, making some acquisitions and hoping players like Robinson and Thomas produce.

Here is a quote from Jim Haslett today in the WP.  He was talking about how he feels the Skins can go 7-0 to finish this season again and how this defense is primed for a sudden turnaround ---

In some weird way this could be an encouraging sign. 

Think about it this way --- Jim Haslett knows plenty about coaching bad defenses as he has done so for much of his career.

If Jim Haslett says this team's terrible defense practices better than terrible defenses he has coached in the past, then maybe there is hope!!!

Well, I doubt Haslett would say something on the lines of the defense isn't practicing good or keep making errors or not that good; he knows good and well if he makes a comment like that, the fans will line up in droves with pitchforks at Redskin Park. He's dense but not dumb.

The 49ers are 6-3 even though the offense is struggling and the reason is their defense has won them games. Imagine if we were able to somehow play avg on defense then we have a shot if not forget about going on a run.

Our defense has arguably won all 3 of the games we've W in this year.

Our offense/Defense and Special Teams suck. They don't play 60 mins of football and have yet to play 60 mins as a comeplete unit.

Just giving this a little 'deserved' bump.

ok, its monday morning. Why is Haslett still employed?

I've got a roll of duct tape, wrap whoever you want to Haslett as well on the way out the door.

Unfortunately, outside of Morris, the effort put on the field was inexcusable. Someone has to pay the price for it, may as well begin the house cleaning today.

Archived