Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

14 hours ago, TK said:

This week's Ted Lasso episode with the bike scene... :ols: 

Anyone else hooked on ABC's Will Trent?

Yup been watching Will Trent on the regular.  Good stuff

Started The Accused and first episode was good with Chiklis but then saw its a diff story every week and not with the same caliber of actors.  I mean Malcolm Jamal Warner? 

CuMon Man!

Read good things about Mrs. Davis on Pea****. Think the first 4 episodes dropped today.

After being ousted from her convent, Sister Simone vows to destroy the one responsible: a powerful artificial intelligence known as Mrs. Davis. To exact her revenge, Simone makes a deal with the algorithm and is thrust into a dangerous world of secret societies, religious conspiracies and age-old legends as she searches for the whereabouts of the most clichéd and overused MacGuffin -- the Holy Grail. To complete the ridiculous and farfetched task, Simone teams up with her rebellious ex-boyfriend, Wiley, who is now the leader of an underground resistance movement dedicated to stopping Mrs. Davis. Together they face a variety of mysterious and powerful forces as they search for the Grail, the one thing capable of destroying the algorithm once and for all. As they grow closer to completing their quest, Simone must confront her past, prove the strength of her faith and uncover long-hidden secrets as she fights to liberate a society that may not want to be freed.

Edited by The Evil Genius

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is that with Kate Winslett?

I tried watching that awhile ago, couldn't really get into it.  What do you like about it?

yep, that’s the one. 🙂

Its a very strong/veteran cast who all gave incredible performances. I mean Guy Pierce played a totally irrelevant character for multiple episodes.

A story of a small town and all its nuances…. everyone is a suspect for at least 1 episode. Some really dark content. You get the perspective a detective… but also her humanity. You learn about all the warts/demons of all the characters…. and it wraps up quick. The story doesn’t drag out unnecessarily.

And I’m not sure anyone would/could have guessed the killers in the end. It kept its suspense until the end.

Great casting. like UK tv, I can appreciate when shoes use physically/attractively average actors for characters. Even Winslett was grubbing it. Keeps it real.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Die Hard said:

A story of a small town and all its nuances…. everyone is a suspect for at least 1 episode. Some really dark content. You get the perspective a detective… but also her humanity. You learn about all the warts/demons of all the characters…. and it wraps up quick. The story doesn’t drag out unnecessarily.

If you liked that DH, you might like the quirky detective show Three Pines on Amz Prime.  The detective is played by the great Alfred Molina and the town is one quirky place in Quebec where the entire town has hidden secrets.  Pretty entertaining and very quirky but Molina is def entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL Cobra Kai has been god awful since season 2.  The writers going on strike is probably a blessing.

Certainly not masterpiece theater but I enjoy it's silly stupidity.  A lot of other people apparently do too.  That said, I can wait on that one.  No funny satire stuff from the late night shows will be a bigger deal.

3 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Certainly not masterpiece theater but I enjoy it's silly stupidity.  A lot of other people apparently do too.  That said, I can wait on that one.  No funny satire stuff from the late night shows will be a bigger deal.

A lot of people also voted for Trump.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The 12th Commandment said:

That's quite the hyperbolic analogy.

I mean let's be real.  Is Coba Kai really known for it's ground breaking writing and script?  Aside from the acting, it's probably the worst part of the show, so I think that show will be just fine.

My family has been watching Never Have I, and I have to say the first season is quite funny.  It has a Friends style humor to it with a group of teens as the main characters.  The fact John McEnroe does some of the inner monologue is hilarious (the main character's dad and coincidently the writer's dad loved his antics playing tennis).  The (Asian) Indian culture references in the show are also a good way for many people to see and learn about it.    

• 2 weeks later...

@TK

Im seeing a lot of criticism of Ted Lasso season 3 online, people saying it’s meandering, has no narrative focus and isn’t the same. How are you feeling? 

im loving it still. I think this season has been as funny as always but also just as insightful about human relationships and flawed people. Every episode still hits right in the heart with someone beautiful and/or thoughtful. I love the issues it tackles 

The Zava stuff was weird but funny and never felt out of place but it also served the story by providing the momentum and inspiration for Jamey to become the player and teammate he always had the potential to be and is now leading them to success. 

I’d recommend Station Eleven. 1 season only (miniseries) and 10 episodes. Another pandemic post-apocalyptic story… a little artsy fartsy at times…. but the story is actually pretty interesting and told well.

It helps if you’re familiar with Shakespeare and specifically Hamlet. But it isn’t necessary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

@TK

Im seeing a lot of criticism of Ted Lasso season 3 online, people saying it’s meandering, has no narrative focus and isn’t the same. How are you feeling? 

im loving it still. I think this season has been as funny as always but also just as insightful about human relationships and flawed people. Every episode still hits right in the heart with someone beautiful and/or thoughtful. I love the issues it tackles 

The Zava stuff was weird but funny and never felt out of place but it also served the story by providing the momentum and inspiration for Jamey to become the player and teammate he always had the potential to be and is now leading them to success. 

Yeah I've seen some of the same criticism online as well. And I kinda thought that at the beginning that the show was a bit off it's norm. The learning to ride a bike scene with Roy & Jamie, I that episode is where it started to get back track for hitting in the feels when you don't expect it. And these ****ing writers....DAMN...They get you to go from absolutely hating Nate to liking him again because of Jade. Issac & Colin...That was awesome the way they handled it & Roy doing the presser after Issac went after the dude in the stands for Colin, Lotta truth in what Roy said there. I think a lot of this season is the team finally coming together & rallying around each other both on the field & off the field to help fix Sam's restaurant after it got trashed. Looking back on it, they've been doing character development on the team/players then on Ted/Rebecca/Higgins. I'm also glad to see Trent Grimm, The Independent ;)  get some of the spotlight as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 11:11 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Jury Duty on Amazon/Freevee has been a good watch. Went in blind after seeing buzz online.

Jury Duty seems like a good show but after two episodes, I decided the cost was too high. Commercials. Ugh 😩 

I thought I was over zombieish stuff, but I wasn’t able to avoid practically binging The Last of Us. It’s just very well done from top to bottom. It’s what TWD, which was OK for a few seasons wanted to be when it grows up.

Our Flag Means Death is hi-freakin’-LARIOUS!! If you’ve got HBOMax…and no, I’m not calling it that other stupid name; you should check it out. 

On 5/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, purbeast said:

I mean let's be real.  Is Coba Kai really known for it's ground breaking writing and script?  Aside from the acting, it's probably the worst part of the show, so I think that show will be just fine.

299x223px-ll-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis

Edited by The Sisko

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The best show on TV came to an end after 5 years. Succession had a great finale.

Everyone should watch this show.

I’m halfway thru last night’s final episode. Regardless.

Succession is my guilty pleasure. It’s a show that has some rather large fundamental flaws and limited script (Millennial gibberish speak  and cyclic narrative patterns - everybody screws everybody always). 

But the production quality is top notch. Strong distinctive theme music. Beautiful scenery. And the performances of Roman, Tom, and cousin Greg… and even Matsen… were good fun.

But I wouldn’t recommend it to others. So much better TV shows out there right now.

Edited by Die Hard

I finally finished watching succession… it can’t be overstated how much I hate every character on this show. You’d have to write a show where every character was literally Ted Cruz for me to dislike the cast more than this. I will say I enjoyed moments of this show because the writing is great, but it’s all villains and no heroes. If the season finale had been a helicopter crash taking out the entire family, including Greg, I’d have been great with that.  

• Haha 2