Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: Defending Redskins Name on ESPN Outside the Lines

Soup

My wife's family lives in New Mexico which is full of Natives and, guess what? A TON of them are Redskin fans. We don't go a day there without seeing at least one license plate or hat with the Redskins logo. They love it.

I'm always utterly shocked at just how many Skins fans there are over there.

If we're so worried about who we offend, why are we not worried about the Natives that love the logo and the name who will get offended if we change it?

I found out around 11:30 am and had to leave immediately to get to the studio on time crazy day

So ESPN gave Danny R. a week heads up, then cancelled on him around 11:30 (as well) and they did everything in their power to set you up and keep you flustered, all in an effort to make you look like an idiot racist. They even brought in the douche bag from alexandria to tweak you with the "Hog's Haven" line (and I'm sure Kevin would be the first to punch him in the face for it), and you kept your cool and represented us well. Very impressed and very proud of you brother. Morale high ground and class is what the glory days of this franchise were about and you did just that.

All the while, giving espn the finger. I just hope everyone on here appreciates the full weight of the situation that Ray was put in and how much time he had to prepare for a shooting gallery, and the class that he handled it with. Politicians couldn't do better.

These days, 90% of racial, or hateful accusations are thrown toward people who are NOT BEING HATEFUL WHATSOEVER. The word thrown around is 'insensitive'. Well, IT'S NOT THAT EITHER. It's just not, and it's not up for debate IMO.

I mean really, the implication is that there is a room of bigots cackling like evil villains among thunder and lighting "HAW HAW HAWWWW! WE WILL KEEP THIS RACIST NAME FOREVER, SCREW NATIVE AMERICANS HAW HAWW!"

The truth is far more boring. It's just a name. And speaking of 'these days', everyone has an agenda. I just can't imagine what it is, why is it so important to these people to take down the Redskins? Who's really being the underhanded, controlling, manipulative, insensitive people here?

I like the Christmas analogy with the mention of Oklahoma later. It points to how much worse everyone is getting around here. Changing the name of Oklahoma would be ridiculous but 10 years ago, changing the name of Christmas would be just as crazy.

I spent a bit of time in Oklahoma and I am glad to see that it was finally introduced to this inane debate. This is a huge media driven non issue trying to take advantage of the fact that things are looking up. For the Redskins who happen to have a black quarterback. (I'll never again use that term because RGIII is a quarterback and that is it. He choses not to further define himself...nor do I for that matter.)

Archived