Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Orioles 2013 Thread

TD_washingtonredskins

I'm sure your employer just loves that!!!! (I'm insanely jealous)

Well, to be fair, I work downtown on Monday, Thursdays, and Fridays with supervisors cowering over my shoulder. So Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the only days I'll be able to watch from my desk, unless I have an interview to conduct. My schedule varies though. :)

Orioles over work any day!

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 04:22 PM ----------

Okay Patton, nice and easy please.

Jones almost had 3 RBIs.

That was a cool play by Machado. Shifted to perfection, deep throw from right field.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

Just messing with you, I "worked" from home all day today. :)

All good man, knew you were messing. Work from home is sweet too.

Beating price was not expected.

But then again, this is not a team of underdogs.

99 more.

The media still thinks they are underdogs, but the team does not. They are a confident bunch.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 06:39 PM ----------

Didn't get to see it, but looks like an excellent win. Good start!

Great win. They made Price work, played good D and had timely hits. Everybody in the lineup looked locked in, even Pearce. He went 0-4, but had some great swings and hammered some balls foul.

I'm liking Roberts in the 9th already.

Markakis is what you want in the 1 (besides speed)

Machado hits to all fields and develops while contributing by moving runners over and doing little things

Jones is Jones

Wieters may not be a true 4, but he battled like a tough SOB in that 12 pitch marathon. And his first inning today could be the start of his breakout.

Davis is a perfect Oh****Guy

Hardy too

Reimold has a great eye and does everything well (but stay healthy)

Pearce/Nate are nice hitters to slot at the back of your lineup

Roberts can be a pest and turn the lineup over.

I was at work when the game started and went to the gym. Had the game on DVR and it was VERY hard to not see the score. I avoided this thread, avoided talk sports radio and didn't check my phone. When I got home, I wanted to see the rest of the Caps game and watch the Terps, all the while switching inning by inning watching the O's. Amazing that not once, did I see the outcome of the game while watching the other sports.

Good start to the season. I know we have 161 more and I don't mean to complain, but the RISP at bats have GOT to get better. We should have put up a 10 spot on these guys with all the missed opportunities. Bases loaded and 1 out, hit into a DP. Twice, we had leadoff doubles and failed to at least get the runner to 3rd with a sacrifice or something.

But the bats were alive and the pitching looked like they picked up where they left off from last season.

You know what sucks? I live right on the NC/SC state line near Charlotte. My defacto "home team" is the Braves, so I get all the Braves games. My parents live in Harrisburg, NC, just outside of Charlotte and last year, they decided that the "home team" for Charlotte is the Orioles/Nats, so my parents get all the MASN channels on DirecTV. I'm literally 30 minutes south of them. I'm only getting the 1 week free preview, but one of these years, I'm buying the MLB and NHL packages to go along with my NFL. I have to think long and hard whether or not I want the NBA package to watch the Wiz. One thing I miss about not living in the area anymore. I remember watching HTS in the 80s and 90s.

Archived