Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So in a couple months I get to Cash In on My Thanksgiving bet with my Girlfriend whose a Cowboys Fan!

Mjbluff24

If our baby is a boy, we're naming him Griffin. After one of the early games, I was telling my wife how insane he played and going on and on (she wifed-cared, in that she was glad for me). Then she goes, "What about the name "Griffin"? My heart went, "You would do that for me???"

Kids need heroes, and I think RG3 has proven to be a hero. It's not just about the qualities he's born with. Look at the way he handles himself. He's a hard worker, inspires those around him, and he doesn't buckle under adversity - he fights through it no matter what.

I think Griffin/Griff is an awesome first name. I recently attempted to get my girlfriend to name our son who currently still resides in her tummy "Griffin". She actually likes the name but we're going in a different direction. And yes, the name came about because of RG3, but not necessarily to name him after RG3. Moreso because we like the name Griffin :)

Congrats on the baby boy :)

Congrats! Hope all goes well.

But your idea is very presumptuous. Naming a kid after a legend who has completed their run (Gibbs, Riggins, Taylor), while a little strange to me, does make sense and is a pretty safe bet.

Naming a child after a current player (and a young one at that) is pretty risky.

By all accounts, RG3 is an awesome dude and will never do anything to soil his name or reputation, but you never know. More importantly, there is no guarantee he will a Redskin for life. Who knows, at the end of his career he could even play for the Cowboys :)

Lets just that Packers fans that named their kids "Favre" in 1996 may not be thrilled with that decision today.

I'd tread lightly.

Thanks to everyone for the Congrats! I get the risk of naming your Kid after a sport star.. but come on..The skins haven't done much in 10 years.. I'm 27 years old I dont remember the Hogs. Also I didn't go with Robert Griffin First I went with Darrell she really didn't like it..So I put down Robbie Griff! and Yes I started dating a women who happen to be a Cowboys fan..that was bad enough..Weve been friends forever but to have our first Game against each other land on Thankgiving! We knew we had to bet something.. First it started out the Loser would wear the other jeresy at the Last game of the season..Imagine that! Division Tiltle up For grabs.. Anyways my point is We had a Great Season.. Beating The Cowboys twice! and Once for the East title! Amazing!

While Robert is a mainstream name...I just can't get behind naming my children after sports figures. You better hope RG3 isn't some tranny serial killer oin his spare time :ols:

While rehabbing from major knee surgery? *That's* Guinness Book of World Records caliber.

Now that I think about it...Name your son "Racer X" nothing else. He will love it.

Could you imagine hid first day of 3rd grade and the teacher calling attendance?

Teacher: "Racer X?"

Your son: "Here ma'm" (all the little blonde girls turn and stare....)

b3472.jpg

We had a bet..If the Redskins beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving I could pick the Name of our Baby Boy On the way..And if Dallas would have won same deal for her.. She Came up with Austin(Miles Austin) but Since The Skins Won! I get to Pick.. Due in April : Robert Griffin Vega! RGV BABY!! :logo::dallasuck

ahahahaha that is sickkkkk dude!!! congrats :)

Congrats, I'd be careful naming my child after any sports figure. What happens if he grows up and becomes a cowboy fan!!

Kids born to Redskins fan are 99.999999% Redskins fans when they grow up. :D

All 3 of my kids are Skins fan and my 14 year old did start to like the Ravens a little but RG3 has changed that for kids growing up. The Redskins now have a true hero for the younger generation.

Congrats to OP for the new addition to their family. :cheers:

While Robert is a mainstream name...I just can't get behind naming my children after sports figures. You better hope RG3 isn't some tranny serial killer oin his spare time :ols:

That's where I'm at. I actually know a Cowboys fan who grew up in So. MD, the son of a family of Redskin fans who decided to be an ass and root for the enemy. He and his wife named their first born son, Troy and his wife used to tell us she had a Troy Aikman poster on the ceiling for those....um....intimate moments. Serious as a heartbeat about this.

We have had one year of RGIII, strange things happen in football, he could be traded away or be salary cap casualty in the future and later be known as a career Cowboy or something. I think Darrell Green would be a better route than RGIII if you wanted to name him after a player.

Archived