Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banshee

Dont Taze Me Bro

Nazi dude got that treatment at the end, you threaten me with blow torch, the heart attack will kill me before the torch touches me.

Gordon deserved better than to go out like that, although I can see why they removed him the equation.

Hood gotta put in the call to Fat Au, can't leave Job on his own like that.

RIP Gordon, went out like a G.

Noooooo! Job! Guess we have our storyline for next season.

Nazi cop is my new favorite character on this show. He is one BADASS mother ****er. So much fury burning in his soul. dude is a monster, thank god he's on our side now.

Gonna miss this show, 'Shee might be the best pure action show on television. Love me some TWD, but it honestly doesn't hold a candle to Lucas Hood's life

RIP Gordon, went out like a G.

Noooooo! Job! Guess we have our storyline for next season.

Nazi cop is my new favorite character on this show. He is one BADASS mother ****er. So much fury burning in his soul. dude is a monster, thank god he's on our side now.

Gonna miss this show, 'Shee might be the best pure action show on television. Love me some TWD, but it honestly doesn't hold a candle to Lucas Hood's life

Indeed. Props to Gordon!

Was thinking the same thing about Nazi Cop. Dudes scenes are INTENSE.

I think Hood is going to work with Proctor some next season.

Speaking of Walking Dead. Nazi Cop's brother is the same actor as the Terminus dude who threatened Judith in front of Tyrese.

Agree that the ending was pretty Hollywood, but **** it. I love this show. Been pestering TK among other folks to watch it and Strike Back since the first season. The credibility/believability of all of Banshee's storylines is shaky at best :lol: , and particularly gets strained for me by how there are so many super-bad-asses that seem to accumulate in that little area, but that's fine. Interesting that Cinemax has the two best "shooter" shows, as I call them.

Going OT a bit here, but regarding Strike Back (less focus there on "plot" and character and even more action) I ask folks "did you like The Unit? (cbs spec op group series cancelled a few years ago that some here loved). If they say yes, I tell them Strike Back is like the Unit on steroids with the occasional obligatory Premium channel sex scenes.

Back to Banshee yet still OT simultaneously :P,  it also reminds me of another fave in its 6th and final season, Justified. Many similarities (don't know if Banshee producers used it as an influence but it would be easy to believe) but the FX series is more "realistic" (if you will), and much better quality all around. It's just less explicit and less constant with the bloody/sexy stuff, as you'd expect.

Agree that the ending was pretty Hollywood, but **** it. I love this show. Been pestering TK among other folks to watch it and Strike Back since the first season. The credibility/believability of all of Banshee's storylines is shaky at best :lol: , and particularly gets strained for me by how there are so many super-bad-asses that seem to accumulate in that little area, but that's fine. Interesting that Cinemax has the two best "shooter" shows, as I call them.

Going OT a bit here, but regarding Strike Back (less focus there on "plot" and character and even more action) I ask folks "did you like The Unit? (cbs spec op group series cancelled a few years ago that some here loved). If they say yes, I tell them Strike Back is like the Unit on steroids with the occasional obligatory Premium channel sex scenes.

Back to Banshee yet still OT simultaneously :P,  it also reminds me of another fave in its 6th and final season, Justified. Many similarities (don't know if Banshee producers used it as an influence but it would be easy to believe) but the FX series is more "realistic" (if you will), and much better quality all around. It's just less explicit and less constant with the bloody/sexy stuff, as you'd expect.

I love Justified.  Hate that its in the final season.  Definitely more believable as everything doesn't end in a blood bath lol.  

But as men, Banshee feeds our animal instincts and craving for hot sexy bad ass women, bad ass fight scenes ending with blood, gore and extreme violence.  I love shows being realistic, but also love "just watching" even though it could never happen lol.  

In reality, the FBI, CIA, Military would have been called in and shut that town down lol.  Although, credit to the writers, wasn't it in season 2 "The FBI" made the same comment as we have, something to the effect of "Seems like a whole lot of trouble, etc. coming to this little town since Hood arrived."

Oh yeah - I've been a fan of Strike Back since the jump.  It's another good show - your description is on point, haha.  If any of y'all haven't seen it, it is worth giving it a shot...

But as men, Banshee feeds our animal instincts and craving for hot sexy bad ass women, bad ass fight scenes ending with blood, gore and extreme violence.  I love shows being realistic, but also love "just watching" even though it could never happen lol.  

Exactly.  Sometimes, as a guy, we just want to see some blunt action and think a little less....LOL, yes, it is funny how many high-level criminals converge on Banshee.  And for a podunk town, they sure do have a ton of hotties! Gotta' love it.

• 6 months later...

Job better be in most of the season, and not just in the last episode or two like Avi in Ray Donovan. Dude is the coolest thing on the show, and nothing is funnier than him and the old black dude arguing.

Indeed.  Those two going at it is so funny.

Banshee is incredibly underrated, it's a shame this show doesn't get more attention

I'm sad to see it come to an end.  But lets not kid ourselves, what more could they possibly do in the city of Banshee, PA lol

maybe milk it for a few more episodes of Lili Simmons naked?  my GOD.   :o  :wub: 

Indeed.  Those two going at it is so funny.

Banshee is incredibly underrated, it's a shame this show doesn't get more attention

maybe milk it for a few more episodes of Lili Simmons naked?  my GOD.   :o  :wub: 

The plot is fairly ridiculous, but it's a highly-entertaining show. I am sad to see it go, but there is only so much you can do with it.

And Lili Simmons is so amazing, but I was also a fan of Triste Dunn.

AMEN.  This show is soooooooooo full of awesome. Badass characters, action, hot actresses - what else can a guy want for escapist tv?

I'm pretty sure no one looks like they do in real-life Amish PA....not that I'm complaining. I am more than willing to suspend that disbelief.

Archived