Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com per PFT: Redskins reportedly very concerned about RG3's knee

RIPSean

Dr. Andrews said full recovery and expects him to start next season....

Dr. Neal ElAttrache ( Tom Brady's orthopedic surgeon, Lakers and Dodgers consultant ) said he expects him to play next season and hopefully to start the season and be the same athlete.

Hhmmm.... whom to believe... Two world renowned surgeons or one PFT writer??????????????

You're right, it has not.

I'm not asking that flippantly...seriously, that is the only place I've seen it, and I know I didn't hear it from the Andrew's camp when he talked about the surgery.....I'm really just wondering. And then you get crap like this article that say how much worse that makes it when we don't know 100% for sure it happened....and then our great fans have to chime in about how everything is ruined forever.....PFT mission accomplished.

Haven't they invented fake implantable cartilage yet? If not, someone get on that. Oh, and **** you Mara.

My Mom had a meniscus repair done 2 years ago. They injected some crazy gel in her knee that she claims made it feel like she never had the symptoms of arthritis she developed to begin with. I'm sure they have way better stuff than what she got!

My Mom had a meniscus repair done 2 years ago. They injected some crazy gel in her knee that she claims made it feel like she never had the symptoms of arthritis she developed to begin with. I'm sure they have way better stuff than what she got!

Yep. If the concern is discomfort with bone on bone contact, I have no doubts that they can manage it.

I can't shake a bad gut feeling I have about RG3. The cartilage is something I didn't even think about.

? for anyone who reads this: If you could get ALOT for RG3 would you trade him off. Considering you got a sweet deal? I would give it some serious thought. The all time great athletes in their careers don't have this kind of damage. Knee's can only take so much.

I hope I am wrong, and hope he is a 10-15 year QB, but I have those bad feelings it ain't happening.

EDIT: Forgot from lurking here for years, that I should have NOT posted anything about a trade at all, even just a hypothetical question. Whoops.

I can't shake a bad gut feeling I have about RG3. The cartilage is something I didn't even think about.

? for anyone who reads this: If you could get ALOT for RG3 would you trade him off. Considering you got a sweet deal? I would give it some serious thought. The all time great athletes in their careers don't have this kind of damage. Knee's can only take so much.

I hope I am wrong, and hope he is a 10-15 year QB, but I have those bad feelings it ain't happening.

No. He's our QB. Maybe I'm loyal to a fault, but we stick with him through the good and bad. Especially after all he put on the line for this organization, his teammates, and us fans.

Absolutely. Considering we have another good young QB and the fact that RG3 may never be the same player again. Honestly, two first rounders would do it for me.

We have to be realistic. If someone offered that right now, considering the magnitude of his injury, I think we'd have to at least consider it.

You guys get one bad article and jump to drastic conclusions.

No one's trading RG3.

This is proof, Extremeskins does more harm than good, the media watches this place, please stop feeding this stupid drama, stop speculating about Griffs knee.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 11:15 PM ----------

ES is gasoline on a flame

Exactly this. Extremeskins has been cited as an "unnamed league source" before I think two years ago. The board was speculating about something during the offseason and low and behold one of the sports media outlets picked it up.

You guys get one bad article and jump to drastic conclusions.

No one's trading RG3.

I don't think you get a fantastic trade anyway currently. I was wondering if you did get a crazy good offer, would you at least think about it. It isn't the article for me, it's the history of countless players from all sports where knees became a problem and they don't execute the same anymore.

He needs to ball out next year and be healthy if wants that 100 mil dollar contract soon. NFC east champs is nice, but my last championship team run was the Jordan led Bulls. Nothing means a thing without a ring, that bar was insanely high for that bunch. RG3 seems to have that MJ mentality actually which is a huge reason I like him, he doesn't have Mike's health at the same age now though, not even close. (both as 22, I know Mike is 50 now)

I'm not asking that flippantly...seriously, that is the only place I've seen it, and I know I didn't hear it from the Andrew's camp when he talked about the surgery.....I'm really just wondering. And then you get crap like this article that say how much worse that makes it when we don't know 100% for sure it happened....and then our great fans have to chime in about how everything is ruined forever.....PFT mission accomplished.

I'm not answering flippantly either. You are completely right, there has be no official corroboration about the meniscus damage.

There is a ridiculous level of speculation out there. To be honest, we don't even know of Adickes knew all the facts.

We are right to be worried. We are also right to be hopeful. Let no one forget that Robert won the Heisman on a reconstructed ACL.

In hindsight, this all should have been avoided. I blame RG just as much as Shanahan. He came back to soon.

I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna put as much blame on the 22 year old rookie as I am the veteran coach who should know better. He knew RG3 was still injured but he was to caught up in making the playoffs.

In hindsight, this all should have been avoided. I blame RG just as much as Shanahan. He came back to soon. The Nats and their handling of Strasburg versus the Skins handling of RG. Griff wanted to play in Cleveland!!!

Blame away. It's not changing anything.

Archived