Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com per PFT: Redskins reportedly very concerned about RG3's knee

RIPSean

Wait...so, RGIII had surgery to correct his ACL, LCL, and meniscus and the Redskins are concerned? I can't imagine why. Great inside scoop from PFT. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. Mike Florio is throwing crap against the wall in hopes that it sticks.

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 09:57 AM ----------

I hate this article. Pure speculation and about the most negative trash you could throw at the situation. Won't be reading PFT for a while...write something more than a speculative ed-op please, its what you do best.

Mike Florio does a spot every Sunday night on Football Night in America with Peter King. That should tell you something.

New Headline- The year started off with RG3 being the ultimate "Hybrid QB" and ends with an unknown named Colin Kaepernick as the ultimate hybrid. I hate to say it but, Kaepernick is better than RG3 overall... more accurate on downfield throws, bigger and more durable and almost as fast + he has a healthy knee!!!

Kaepernicks performance last night had me wonderin g what might have been and reminded me of the curse of the Redskins. of course, they didnt mortgage the future to get him and we COULD have drafted him as well.... the REDSKINS are lesson on how NOT to run an organization.

New Headline- The year started off with RG3 being the ultimate "Hybrid QB" and ends with an unknown named Colin Kaepernick as the ultimate hybrid. I hate to say it but, Kaepernick is better than RG3 overall... more accurate on downfield throws, bigger and more durable and almost as fast + he has a healthy knee!!!

Kaepernicks performance last night had me wonderin g what might have been and reminded me of the curse of the Redskins. of course, they didnt mortgage the future to get him and we COULD have drafted him as well.... the REDSKINS are lesson on how NOT to run an organization.

Are you really a Redskins fan? Jesus....

Not sure why people don't just listed to the world renowned doctor. He said he expects RG to be ready for 2013... That's good enough for me. And docs are normally super pessimistic with timetables because it only sets up to make them look dumb if they are wrong.
This. You can't talk unless you are a doctor and have actually seen the patient's injury in person. I think anyone would be naturally concerned over any major injury. This isn't news.

Exactly and this is PFT, the TMZ of sporting news.

ProFootballTalk

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/BANG IT HERE FOR THE LATEST NEWS & RUMORS ». Features. A great day to be an NFL fan. January ... Brady, Belichick, Peyton can set NFL playoff records ...

Rumor Mill - Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

:ols: and here we go, a whole new ....what if scenario, maybe you should start a thread about this.

Good grief, I swear Redskins fans will never be happy.

Exactly and this is PFT, the TMZ of sporting news.

ProFootballTalk

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/BANG IT HERE FOR THE LATEST NEWS & RUMORS ». Features. A great day to be an NFL fan. January ... Brady, Belichick, Peyton can set NFL playoff records ...

Rumor Mill - Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

Look alikes:

Mike Florio:

WEB_012012_MIKE_FLORIO_1.jpg

TMZ Donkey King:

harry_levin_2050835b.jpg

Did you ever look at the numbers? RGIII accounted for over 4k yards of offense to Kaepernick's 2,200.

QB 10 Griffin III, Robert ACT TDS 20 INT 5 YDS 3,200 RTG 102.4 WAS

QB 7 Kaepernick, Colin ACT TDS 10 INT 3 YDS 1,814 RTG 98.3 SF

2012 Washington Redskins 15 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.1 20 5 30 217 102.4 120 815 6.8 7 12 2

2012 San Francisco 49ers 13 7 136 218 62.4 1,814 8.3 10 3 16 112 98.3 63 415 6.6 5 9 2

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

dude, i love the Skins with all my heart and soul.... why the truth hurts so BAD.

You are not the truth, far from it.

dude, i love the Skins with all my heart and soul.... why the truth hurts so BAD.

What truth? You are overreacting to a bad situation when you have no idea of the outcome. Say RGIII comes back alright and can still do what he did this year and adds a little bulk and plays smarter??? If this is what you think of the team, you should do yourself a favor and take some time off or find another team. You have no idea what is going to happen, and to write off RGIII and the Skins right now is just plain silly.

You think that becoming Division champs is no way to run an organization? Setting ourselves up for future success is no way to run an organization? You have got to be ****ing kidding me if you think Kaepernick is better than RG3. I think there might be a reason you have "No New Threads" next to your name...

What truth? You are overreacting to a bad situation when you have no idea of the outcome. Say RGIII comes back alright and can still do what he did this year and adds a little bulk and plays smarter??? If this is what you think of the team, you should do yourself a favor and take some time off or find another team. You have no idea what is going to happen, and to write off RGIII and the Skins right now is just plain silly.

It's worse than silly. It's just plain ignorance.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....RG3 is going to come back so ridiculous strong with all this doubt floating around. I can't wait.

Dude.. I am as concerned as the next guy about the knee injuries but Griffin on that team would blow Kaepernick away. Did you see the amount of running room he had last night? The Packers never switched out of man coverage..

Micheal Jordan has haters, Ovechkin has haters, Lebron, has a ton of haters...

That's one if the drawbacks of being the best...the haters. If you don't have any haters then your doing something wrong.

But he loves the Skins with all his little heart and soul. lol. Numbers don't mean anything, the promise of a really strong season doesn't either, the best knee guy in the history of knee guys is just being optimistic about his return.

From what I heard from an un-named source......He wanted to cut his leg off truth be known and put on a prosthetic, but don't tell this guy about it, he may never get over it.

You guys are HOMERS, Im not. I do agree Kaep is on a MUCH better team. But, anyone who is not impressed with that guy and is not AT LEAST in the same sentance with Robert is IGNORANT.

As far as Robert is concerned, I am looking forward to the Gatorade comeback commercials.

Did you ever look at the numbers? RGIII accounted for over 4k yards of offense to Kaepernick's 2,200.

QB 10 Griffin III, Robert ACT TDS 20 INT 5 YDS 3,200 RTG 102.4 WAS

QB 7 Kaepernick, Colin ACT TDS 10 INT 3 YDS 1,814 RTG 98.3 SF

2012 Washington Redskins 15 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.1 20 5 30 217 102.4 120 815 6.8 7 12 2

2012 San Francisco 49ers 13 7 136 218 62.4 1,814 8.3 10 3 16 112 98.3 63 415 6.6 5 9 2

I agree that RGIII is a better QB that Kaepernick but I don't think that comparing season totals from a guy that started 7 games to a guy that started 15 really tells you anything.

The better comparison would be to look at how the offense's produced in there starts. Yards per attempt, INT ratio, TD ratio, completion percentage.

Total yards mean nothing when one guy started half as many games as the other (and coincidentally had about half the yards, TD's, etc.)

Kaepernick was a great value in the second and could have been a great fit here. That's hindsight. I'm still thrilled at the prospect of having RGIII lead this team and this city for the next 10+ years.

People seem to forget that we didn't just need a talented player at QB. San Francisco has a dominant defense, and offensive line with above average running game, skill players at the receiver and TE positions, and special teams. They're a deep playoff team with a game manager as we saw in 2011-12. Washington needed a culture change and a leader our team could believe in. That's much more difficult to find.

That isn't to say Kaepernick isn't a leader but does anyone think our team and our city would have rallied behind a guy that was essentially a no-name second round draft pick? That kind of thing shouldn't matter but it does to a lot of people. The respect RGIII commanded from day one expedited the process of bringing this team together. To me that was worth every pick it took.

You think that becoming Division champs is no way to run an organization? Setting ourselves up for future success is no way to run an organization? You have got to be ****ing kidding me if you think Kaepernick is better than RG3. I think there might be a reason you have "No New Threads" next to your name...

Yes, impressive but in the end, the same Ol dysfunction and bad decisions that has crippled this team for years reared it's ugly head threatening the career of the player we mortaged our future to get. Fact of the matter is IM MAD....STILL. Shanahan should be run out of town. WTF has he done? besides draft RG3? RG3 made him look good this year.

Yes, impressive but in the end, the same Ol dysfunction and bad decisions that has crippled this team for years reared it's ugly head threatening the career of the player we mortaged our future to get.

That's the first thing you said that I agree with.

You guys are HOMERS, Im not. I do agree Kaep is on a MUCH better team. But, anyone who is not impressed with that guy and is not AT LEAST in the same sentance with Robert is IGNORANT.

As far as Robert is concerned, I am looking forward to the Gatorade comeback commercials.

He is in the same sentence as Giffin.

That sentence is:

"Colin Kaepernick is nowhere near as good as a healthy Robert Griffin III."

I have always loved the crowd that thinks that when someone says something positive about the Skins, they're "homers" and when someone says something negative, they're "realists". That's some serious hubris right there.

He is in the same sentence as Giffin.

That sentence is:

"Colin Kaepernick is nowhere near as good as a healthy Robert Griffin III."

I have always loved the crowd that thinks that when someone says something positive about the Skins, they're "homers" and when someone says something negative, they're "realists". That's some serious hubris right there.

Here is another sentance - "Colin Kaeperick led his team to the NFC championship game while RG3 watched from a wheelchair"

Archived