Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com per PFT: Redskins reportedly very concerned about RG3's knee

RIPSean

Sighhhhh...Stop believing Rumors guys...Just stop. There will be a bunch more of these coming out over the course of the offseason. Don't believe everything you hear. I mean Robert had a torn PCL for a few hours too

And a ruptured spleen, a blocked carotid artery, and dislocated eyeball. I was really worried.

And a ruptured spleen, a blocked carotid artery, and dislocated eyeball. I was really worried.

LOL..The negativity will only get worse because people get paid for this kind of garbage. I remember when Brady tore his ACL, he got an infection and the story was they were going to have to do a 2nd ACL surgery. I'm ready for something like that, but it's too early just yet

So....

Some random article on PFT > the opinion of the doctor who actually performed Griffin's surgery???

Come on guys :(

Yes, absolutely. You have to believe Mike Florio... he's just looking out for us fans. He's like a little kid he loves the game so much.

Why wouldn't the Redskins be "very concerned" about RG3's knee? Is this really news?
LOL. Seriously. The guy they just gave up a ton for just had MAJOR knee surgery. If it was me, I'd be somewhere sweating bullets too.

I've been on pins and needles...really edgy, pretty close to ****ting bricks, so I know the criticism Coach has gotten is overwhelming, as it should be.

My Mom had a meniscus repair done 2 years ago. They injected some crazy gel in her knee that she claims made it feel like she never had the symptoms of arthritis she developed to begin with. I'm sure they have way better stuff than what she got!

From your keyboard to whoever's ears.

HTTR

From your keyboard to whoever's ears.

HTTR

So you doubt they will be able to take care of it? Why? If Dr. Andrews says the goal is for him to have a long career and that he could be back for the start of this next season why would you doubt it? I assume it's your keen medical knowledge and spot-on assessment of the injury since you've actually been there to see RG3's condition.

One thing is he has his youth going for him. If this were a 29 year old RG3, then maybe I have more worries about it (sad that I'm close to being 29 myself, but in football terms that's starting to get up there). Peterson is definitely the gold standard for recovery, and we can't expect similar, but let's not forget that he is 5 years older and has taken a lot more punishment than RG3 as well. Welker came back early from an ACL injury and excelled, and Charles was another player who excelled this year despite an ACL tear last year. Heck, Peyton Manning is 37 and had 4 neck surgeries. I think people are overly paranoid about the severity.

I mean, I can't recall the last athlete whose career ended from just an ACL tear. There's Shawne Merriman, but his was a combination of playing on a torn LCL and PCL for an entire SEASON and no longer using steroids. He's been plagued by injuries ever since (though it's been calf, foot, and ankle injuries, not repeated knee injuries).

My Mom had a meniscus repair done 2 years ago. They injected some crazy gel in her knee that she claims made it feel like she never had the symptoms of arthritis she developed to begin with. I'm sure they have way better stuff than what she got!

I think it's called SynVisc or something like that. Doctor recommended it to my wife instead of cortisone shots (which can destroy cartilage over time) but the insurance wouldn't pay for it. It's supposed to be really good but I guess it's expensive.

Blame away. It's not changing anything.

^THIS. READ THIS OVER AND OVER, MEMORIZE IT, TAKE A PICTURE! NO MORE BLAMING.

yea remember he's going to need a graft from his good knee to fix the bad one! lol there should be a rule in place going forward no articles posted about Rg3 knee, unless its from andrews himself or rg3 just do punish yourselves with all the negative agendas against the skins.

Absolutely. Considering we have another good young QB and the fact that RG3 may never be the same player again. Honestly, two first rounders would do it for me.

We have to be realistic. If someone offered that right now, considering the magnitude of his injury, I think we'd have to at least consider it.

You are afraid that there is a risk/chance RG3 will never be the same player again. Therefore, you would consider trading RG3 for two first round draft picks and developing/starting Cousins.

But, your fear of the unknown regarding RG3's injury is leading you to consider a solution filled with risks.

1) You are assuming Kirk Cousins is a starting NFL QB. I like Cousins. In VERY action time he has been impressive at times. But NFL starter? Who knows. Just statistically speaking, the chances are low that he would develop into a top level NFL QB.

2) You assume we would turn two first round draft picks into valuable pieces for our team. Another risk. The NFL draft is a crapshoot and first round picks bust out of the league on a regular basis.

Trading RG3, even with his knee issues, for a mystery bag filled with plenty of risks as well . . . no thanks.

Even though he lost today, Rodgers is the exact type of QB I hope Griff can develop into. They are the same height and weight. Both have cannon arms, deep ball accuracy. Rodgers is just more comfortable in the pocket, better at reading defenses and chooses particular spots of when to use his legs. I think these are all things Griff can learn over time

Even though he lost today, Rodgers is the exact type of QB I hope Griff can develop into. They are the same height and weight. Both have cannon arms, deep ball accuracy. Rodgers is just more comfortable in the pocket, better at reading defenses and chooses particular spots of when to use his legs. I think these are all things Griff can learn over time

I'll take that but I really like the extra element he brings with his explosive running ability. Look at how that extra dimension helped Kapernick tonight. I still want him to run often just to be more careful about how those runs end.

I'll take that but I really like the extra element he brings with his explosive running ability. Look at how that extra dimension helped Kapernick tonight. I still want him to run often just to be more careful about how those runs end.

Too bad the read option will cease to exist after this offseason, when all of the league's defensive coordinators eliminate it forever.

I just don't think it's possible with his injuries now

For all you negative nancies, where would we be if they hadn't of drafted Kirk Cousins as well. Seeing Rex on the sidelines when RG3 went down, would have scared the bejeezus out of me.

I am looking forward to the start of next season. We have a tough schedule, but we should have a much better defense and RG3 fully healed ready to take this team back to the playoffs.

Archived