Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: RG3 reportedly will be with Redskins owner at exam (MET)

redskins4ever28

I'd be doing what Danny is too if my franchise QB may have just gone down for good, and could possibly never play to the potential he could have.

Whoa whoa, let's not start talking like that, you're gonna freak people out. Can we at least get a diagnosis first?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123548/article/rg3-reportedly-will-be-with-redskins-owner-at-exam

This is per NFL.com, I dont know how to edit the title? Sorry if already posted, it just popped up.

This cant be good. If Danny is going down with him, I just, I dont know.... :(

10. Please adhere to the following policies when using content from outside sources:

If you are posting an article from an outside source, title your thread in the following format: "SHORTFORM SOURCE: HEADLINE" (Ex.: "WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach") without editorializing the headline with your own version.

Click edit, then click advanced.

And btw people, Danny has nothing to do with it. The point is, if you're flying to see Dr Andrews, you're probably really hurt, aka surgery.

Probably exploratory for now.

According to an ES poster who just texted RG2 about the issue, he's getting the knee scoped.

Probably exploratory for now.

According to an ES poster who just texted RG2 about the issue, he's getting the knee scoped.

Yep. My son, who is an athletic trainer and does medical research on world class athletes, told me this afternoon that he bets Andrews will scope the knee joint to see first hand what the damage is. Better to stick a small camera in his knee to see the actual damage than an MRI picture, especially if the swelling or previous surgery makes it difficult to read...which my son says is quite common.

This whole thing has got me sick to my stomach...seriously...i do not want the last successful memory of rg3 to be of him lighting up the Seajocks at a dizzying pace and than our dreams dashed again!

We can't catch a break I swear. A buddy of mine and fellow new yorker and skins fan said it's like the football gods said f em they aight ready yet.

All my prayers are with you sir for the best possible outcome!

hail!

Not good at all. And, to a lesser point, I thought the player-to-owner stuff was done since Shanahan is now in charge.

I'm fine with Dan having a relationship with the players. The caveat is simply that it can not supercede the head coach's relationship with said players if we're going to be a successful organization.

It's actually a good thing for players to have some measure of respect and appreciation for team owners, honestly. Breeds loyalty.

Im fine with Dan accompanying RGIII.. They've developed a friendship beyond boss/employer and he cares about the kid, obviously.. On the down side, him going does shed a light on the (potential) severity of the situation.. At this point, I'll be thrilled if it's "just" the ACL/LCL.. At least there's a great chance he'll come back 100% from that, eventually.. If they start mentioning the PCL, I may honestly become sick to the point of vomiting.. :(

Where did you see that?

In the "How's RGIII" thread.. (late pages) Someone said an "ES Insider" conversed via text w/ Robert?

I would not at all be surprised if Dan is flying down to support RGIII.............

but also to question Andrews about just exactly was the situation on the sidelines during the Baltimore game, in which Shanahan claims the Doctor OK'd RGIII to go back in, but Andrews is saying he didn't, and also the situation in the Seahawks game as far as if Andrews was okaying RGIII to continue to play.

It's not good.

Based on facts that you've obtained or speculation?

Not breaking your balls here, honest question.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

And for me, at this point any news that ends with "he should be ready for 2013 season" is "good" news

Based on facts that you've obtained or speculation?

Not breaking your balls here, honest question.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

And for me, at this point any news that ends with "he should be ready for 2013 season" is "good" news

Agreed...I think we are all willing to concede that something is hurt. He's not going to have a clean MRI. But if the rumor that he only partially tore his ACL and LCL is true, that would be GOOD news to me. Even if he misses September, I'd be excited and optimistic.

I believe RG3 will be good to go by the beginning of next season, but a tear is a tear. It doesn't matter whether the acl is partially torn or completely torn..... acl reconstruction is needed. The ACL does not heal on its own and will eventually tear completely. I've done a good deal of research because I tore my ACL in November.

I would not at all be surprised if Dan is flying down to support RGIII.............

but also to question Andrews about just exactly was the situation on the sidelines during the Baltimore game, in which Shanahan claims the Doctor OK'd RGIII to go back in, but Andrews is saying he didn't, and also the situation in the Seahawks game as far as if Andrews was okaying RGIII to continue to play.

I agree with you I also think Andrews maybe on a short leash with Danny

When RG3 comes back,he will take us to a SUPERBOWL.REDSKIN FANS BELIEVE IN RG3.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 11:27 PM ----------

I don't blam Dan for going with RG3 to get checked out.Don't you know he is our future.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 11:34 PM ----------

If it is bad,well we have a good back up to start the season.

Archived