Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris and his Homerun TD Celebration

skinshokies31

Great little article. How did we manage to get two of the most humble guys that are tearing up the NFL? It's great!! Not to mention it seems that Robert and Al have a chemistry that is flowering. The way RGIII talked to him during and right after the game showed that.

RGIII to Al - "me and you, nobody can stop us" - "ain't nobody done that since '99, the sky's the limit for us"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....the best part of this new era is that not only do we have two exceptionally talented building block young players on our team, but they're both amazing men with outstanding characters. The humility and maturity shown by Alfred, and RGIII, is a large reason I'm so confident about our future success.

And not just those two,, the whole team's character has changed for the better.

These are guys I want to cheer for.. and for more than the fact they wear our colors. i want to cheer their accomplishments on the field, and I want to shake their parent's hands.

For so long this team created the atmosphere that allowed for selfish negative personalities to control the team and our expectations that all there was to like about them was they wore our uniform.

Not any more. This team is inspiring for all the right reasons. This is a team of good young men, not just football players.

~Bang.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 02:33 PM ----------

I want to see the stands pretend like they are seeing the ball fly out of the park

Oh man,, this would go down in NFL lore if it became tradition.

How awesome would that be??

~Bang

Great story on how The Homerun Celebration started when Alfred Morris scores a TD. Not only are Alfred and RGIII great players, they also have great heads on their shoulders. Growing up playing in York County Little League makes this story freakin awesome....

http://wtkr.com/2013/01/04/yorktown-little-league-team-inspires-alfred-morris-touchdown-dance/

Hampton is right next to Yorktown. There's a whole lotta love for this kid here! I don't care what people say about him just being a product of Shanahan's system. This kid's heart is so huge that he is taking that system to a whole new level. Someday, John Elway will be saying that Terrell Davis was his Alfred Morris :)

• 3 weeks later...
How can you not love Alfred Morris?

As if we needed another reason to love Almo...... http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...-it-super-bowl

This season, Alfred Morris made a name for himself by serving up the second most rushing yards in the NFL. Next Thursday, the Redskins’ running back will be serving up lemonade at the Super Bowl.

Morris will join six students from Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans in serving patrons lemonade from a pop up stand at the media center, giving the youngsters an opportunity to learn about operating a small business. Green Bay’s Donald Driver will also participate.

click on the link to continue reading

And not just those two,, the whole team's character has changed for the better.

These are guys I want to cheer for.. and for more than the fact they wear our colors. i want to cheer their accomplishments on the field, and I want to shake their parent's hands.

For so long this team created the atmosphere that allowed for selfish negative personalities to control the team and our expectations that all there was to like about them was they wore our uniform.

Not any more. This team is inspiring for all the right reasons. This is a team of good young men, not just football players.

So true. It's a great feeling to be proud of your favorite players on and off the field. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better does of talent, character, work ethic and passion from RGIII and Alfred Morris. And it's contagious. That's the best part.

btw just wanted to add these to the thread:

_JM291701356928210.JPG

dancingdats.jpg

hi-res-6623892_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

sp-redskins_030_1348436280.jpg

Still no nick name for him, I'm thinking it may end up having to come from the players. Although, his running style brings to mind a nickname from another Morris, "BAM".

Another one I thought, and it actually came to mind from AlvinWaltonIsMyBooy's post in this thread, is "Cannonball". He shoots out of the backfield like a cannonball at times.

Then maybe we need fans sitting in the end zones to pretend to pitch the ball to him once he scores?

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :rotflmao:

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 02:08 PM ----------

Love the guy, but he drops that back elbow every single time.

Nothin' but pop-ups to the infield/shallow outfield.

:doh:

And here I thought my post was the most annoying! :ols:

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 02:10 PM ----------

Has there officially been a nickname decided for Alfred Morris? If not, I think "Homerun" would be a great nickname.

Homerun would be cool but that intimates he is more of a Chris Johnson all or nothing type of RB ...he's a grinder.

I like "The Running Mate." ... fits well for D.C. also!

We all know who the Commander in Chief is!

Archived