Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: RG3 offers words of comfort for Tony Romo

Jumbo

Guy may just be too perfect; too classy. :cool: :ols:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rg3-offers-words-comfort-tony-Romo sits to pee-221114227--nfl.html

As if we needed any more reason to sanctify Robert Griffin III: turns out that he's a classy guy in victory, too.

In the immediate aftermath of Sunday night's win-or-go-home season finale between the Redskins and the Cowboys, the victorious Griffin sought out vanquished Cowboys QB Tony Romo sits to pee and offered up advice worthy of a veteran. Here, per our new pals at Pro Football Talk, is a transcript:

“Hey Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything.”

The comments will be part of Wednesday night's "Inside the NFL" on Showtime.

<more at link--inc. video>

You can see RG3 this weekend in action against the Seahawks in Sunday's late game. You can see Tony Romo sits to pee in action at a Texas golf course.

:ols::ols::ols::ols:

Guy may just be too perfect; too classy. :cool: :ols:

Yeah, saw this earlier. On one hand, it's incredibly classy of RG3 to do that, and his motives were no doubt pure as the driven snow. That's first and foremost, and it makes me proud to have him as our QB.

On the other hand, I could see this as unintentionally coming off as patronizing.

It had to be humiliating enough for Romo sits to pee to blow a game like that on the national stage and further cement your bad reputation, but then to have a rookie QB (who's the toast of the league) telling you "you're still a great QB," etc. ... I think that's gotta be even more humiliating for him.

And the game "doesn't mean anything"? Nice try, but I don't think even Tony could take any comfort in that comment. That game probably meant more to him than just about anyone.

Still, gotta love the kid's heart and intentions.

RGIII RGIII RGIII. The man is so unique-he's got a little Pete Maravich (ball handling) Michael Jordan (competitive drive and will to win) and Jimi Hendrix (innovation and creativity). And off the field, he's a role model for young and old. And the young man is a Washington Redskin! Hail!

My dear lord. Did anybody see Showtime and RG III mic'd up for the game? This dude has such a command of the huddle for someone his age. I mean I knew he did, but my goodness is it impressive to listen to

Missed it.

Anywhere to watch online?

Am I the only one who thought Romo sits to pee was sort of an @ss on how he respond to RG3? Go do your thing.....

I didn't think so. He thanked him and told him to do his thing. We have to remember that Romo sits to pee had just turned the ball over resulting in his 6th loss in 7 win-or-go-home games and was being consoled by a QB who has already won as many of such games in his rookie year.

I'm sure he could have said more, but don't blame a competitor for not reacting perfectly. He knows his clock is ticking.

Archived