Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins still getting no respect (Schein and Ganon on Sirius)

Son of Gadsden

Just got out of the truck listening to some Sirius, like I do most of the day at work.

I've always seen Schein as a bit of an egotistical jerk, and Ganon as the voice of reason. They always pick us as last in the division, always have us under the Cowboys, always find any idea of success for us as uninformed and silly fandom.

Well, I've always been in the crowd that says "as long as we keep finishing last in the division, we will be seen like that."

However, after a 7 game winning streak, they just picked the Seahawks over us. Now, I hear a lot of predictions, and realize that in the end they mean absolutely nothing. None of them know what the hell they are talking about any more than you and I. They have no crystal ball. But how they made the case is what bothers me. They went on this long babbling mess about Marshawn Lynch being a 1500 yard back, and how great he is. Morris has more yards AND more TDs than him...yet Morris didn't even get mentioned. Then they went on about how Wilson is another version of RG3, he has rushed for 500 yards this season, thrown for more TDs and INTs, blah blah blah. They mentioned nothing about RG3s superior stats, more rushing yards, nothing. All they mentioned about RG3 is that he's not the same RG3 as the beginning of the season and he's not flashy. Basically he's nothing, no one is scared of him.

When will the disrespect and blubbering idiocy stop when it comes to this team!? What will it take to get a bit of respect!? We won the freakin division, and we still get called the inferior team to pretty much everyone. I guess we just don't have ESPN and the NFL in our pockets enough yet. But, you know what, **** it. We don't need them, never have needed them, and we'll win and shut them up about it so they can bend stats, blatantly disregard facts, and talk **** about how we'll get dominated NEXT week. Here's to having to hear that. HAIL!

I'm really sick and tired of people complaining that we never get picked to win. The last 10 years people ****ed and complained that we never get picked and then we go 4-12 and people don't say a word then. I have seen a ton of picks so far and it is about 50-50 as far as I have seen and that's the way a playoff game should be cause any team can win. People just complain to complain.

Bring on the hate, this team will feed on it and will become more lethal.

We've got some love from Peter Schrager:

" Seattle at Washington: It’s the Gimmick Bowl! And I say that in the most flattering way possible. As a fan of all these quirky new offenses, this is a dream matchup. Offensive coordinators Darrell Bevell of Seattle and Kyle Shanahan of Washington have built exotic, non-traditional offenses around two rookie quarterbacks who’ve excelled. I know Seattle’s arguably the hottest team in the league and features a full, healthy defense for the first time in weeks ... but I’m not picking against RG3 in front of that riled-up home crowd. He’s hurting. It’s obvious he’s not moving as well as he was in the first few weeks of the season. But the guy’s gotten the job done, injuries and all, in must-win situations all season, and I’m not doubting him now. I don’t know how they’ll pull it off, but it will be dramatic. Let’s go with overtime. Let’s go with the ‘Skins. Bring on the Falcons.

The Pick: Redskins 20, Seahawks 17 (OT)"

And this bothers you, why?

I give my congratulations to the radio hosts for a job well done. Just like when Colin Cowherd makes an "outrageous" comment aginst the 'Skins, it's not like they are actively rooting against the 'Skins. They ARE actively rooting FOR the story and a reaction. I've had so much fun watching the Redskins over the last 2 months, but the teams they've played during The Streak are not exactly the Murderers Row of the NFL They are a combined 48-64 and include only 1 playoff team.

Listento the radio for what it's worth: entertainment. Then watch the game and see what happens on Sunday afternoon.

This really pissed me off:

Football Outsiders:

Bonus Top 5: Rookie Edition

1) Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks: 1,014 DYAR (867 passing DYAR, 147 rushing)

2) Robert Griffin, Washington Redskins: 838 DYAR (729 passing DYAR, 109 rushing)

3) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts: 379 DYAR (255 passing DYAR, 124 rushing)

4) Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins: 39 DYAR (37 passing DYAR, 2 rushing)

5) Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns: -266 DYAR (-290 passing DYAR, 24 rushing)

Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin, Washington Redskins

Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to run the brutal gauntlet of NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage towards a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dumpoffs and checkdowns.

This really pissed me off:

Football Outsiders:

I love how RG3's stats are skewed by big plays he made. Its like they're total anomalies and not products of the West Coast offense. They also fail to mention that he missed a full game and 3 quarters combines between Cleveland, Atlanta, and Baltimore and he still has better stats. He ran for more yards and more TDs, and he didn't have one of the best defenses in the league backing him up. But oh no, RG3 has had a super easy season compared to tough ole' Russell Wilson. The gauntlet of NFC West defenses includes the NFC West offenses as well.

They're 10-6 if replacement refs don't gift them a game. They lost games to the Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Dolphins, Lions only one of which had a winning record. They're a beatable 10-6 team. They impressed everyone with their blowout wins, but those wins came against the Cowboys at home (we were blowing out the Cowboys on the road before our defense decided to stop playing football) the Jets at home, the Cardinals at home, and the Bills on the road (ooh, real difficult). Yes they did **** up the 49ers at home two weeks ago which is what had everyone freaking out. Good teams walk into **** like that sometimes. They got 42 on them at home and they hung a whole 6 points on them on the road. They're a different team outside of Seattle.

I don't know why the media considers them a steamroller. I understand that notion if they're playing at home. I'd have no problem with that, but they're coming to FedEx Field to play a 10-6 team.

Looking at all their road games lets see how they played:

L @ Arizona, 16-20

L @ St. Louis, 13-19

W @ Carolina 16-12

L @ San Francisco 6-13

L @ Detroit 24-28

L @ Miami 21-24

W @ Chicago 23-17 (OT)

W@ Buffalo 50-17

So prior to the Buffalo game they were averaging 17 points per game scored, and 19 points per game allowed. With the Bills game they're at 21 per game and 18.75 allowed. Their outlier game is skewing the reality of their other 7 road trips in my opinion, and I feel I'm more justified in saying that than "experts" are in saying that RG3's long completions were BS outliers, considering how those happened about 10 times and this Bills road game happened once.

Compare that with their home averages:

W vs. Dallas, 27-7

W(L) vs. Green Bay, 14-12

W vs. New England, 24-23

W vs. Minnesota, 30-20

W vs. New York, 28-7

W vs. Arizona, 58-0

W vs. San Francisco, 42-13

W vs. St. Louis, 20-13

The averages there are 30 points per game scored, 11 points per game allowed.

Remember, on the road they average 21 scored, 18 allowed total.

Let's take out each home and road outlier now and see a more realistic view:

@ Home: 26 PPG scored, 12 PPG allowed

Away: 17 PPG scored, 19 PPG allowed

They're a different team outside of their sonically engineered home field advantage.

These people don't do any work. They just go by what happened recently. Which is why Seattle is the "hottest" team in the league because they have won 5 straight. Pay no mind that the Skins have ripped off 7 in a row, they weren't as flashy as Seattles. Not enough blowouts against ****bags.

The real analysis here. Seattle is legit, but way less on the road. Their road wins were against a freefalling Bear team, the Buffalo Bills (on a neutral field no less), and a squeaker of the Panthers. They have lost on the road to stalwarts such as the Rams, Dolphins, Cardinals, and Lions.

This game is actually easy to predict. Two young dynamic quarterbacks. Two 1500 yard rushers. Two teams that have spent the last month doing what they have to do to win.

If this game was in Seattle, it would favor them. Since it's here, it favors us IMO. I'm quite shocked the line is what it is to be honest

I'm really sick and tired of people complaining that we never get picked to win. The last 10 years people ****ed and complained that we never get picked and then we go 4-12 and people don't say a word then. I have seen a ton of picks so far and it is about 50-50 as far as I have seen and that's the way a playoff game should be cause any team can win. People just complain to complain.

Yeah. I really don't care. If we win next Sunday, we will be underdogs from here on out anyways. So everybody might as well get the "We don't get any respect" stuff out of their system now, because if we keep winning, we'll keep hearing it.

I love how RG3's stats are skewed by big plays he made. Its like they're total anomalies and not products of the West Coast offense. They also fail to mention that he missed a full game and 3 quarters combines between Cleveland, Atlanta, and Baltimore and he still has better stats. He ran for more yards and more TDs, and he didn't have one of the best defenses in the league backing him up. But oh no, RG3 has had a super easy season compared to tough ole' Russell Wilson. The gauntlet of NFC West defenses includes the NFC West offenses as well.

Exactly! Not only that, but Griffin has been consistent since day ONE. Wilson improved, but it took time AND his coach copying OUR offensive scheme!

Good. This team loves being the Underdog. Even though Vegas had the Skins beating the Cowboys, it was still the public opinion that Romo sits to pee was going to shred us.

Actually I think we were 3 pt favorites, which is pretty much a "Pick 'em" game, meaning that if the game was played at a neutral site, both teams would be even.

Archived