Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins still getting no respect (Schein and Ganon on Sirius)

Son of Gadsden

I'm really sick and tired of people complaining that we never get picked to win. The last 10 years people ****ed and complained that we never get picked and then we go 4-12 and people don't say a word then. I have seen a ton of picks so far and it is about 50-50 as far as I have seen and that's the way a playoff game should be cause any team can win. People just complain to complain.

LOL, how ironic is this post. You can tell what the subject matter is by the title and yet you still open the thread just so, you know, you can complain. Well played.

1- Why would we be getting tons of respect? We lost one more game, in a weaker division and haven't be good in years. Why is this surprising?

2- Why are Redskin fans afraid of media attention? We've lost games in the past we should have won, because we were bad. Also, good teams get picked a lot, get use to it.

Stop being afraid of everything Redskin fans.

Actually I think we were 3 pt favorites, which is pretty much a "Pick 'em" game, meaning that if the game was played at a neutral site, both teams would be even.

Yeah, we were, What I meant was that the talking heads and a lot of fans talking online and what not were saying that the Cowboys were hot and they were going to shred the defense. The Redskins feed off of people doubting them.

1- Why would we be getting tons of respect? We lost one more game, in a weaker division and haven't be good in years. Why is this surprising?

I'm not so sure about that. We had 3 winning teams in our division and they had 2 and Arizona is arguably the worst team in the NFL. Philadelphia was the only bad team in our division.

I'm not so sure about that. We had 3 winning teams in our division and they had 2 and Arizona is arguably the worst team in the NFL. Philadelphia was the only bad team in our division.

The Eagles and Cards both blow. The Cowboys and Giants are about as good as the Rams and we are just a little better than the 9ers and Seattle.

Their offense is nearly identical to ours (power run game, mobile QB, etc. I know it's a different kind of offense but the production is similar) and their defense is much better. They also have won 1 more game than us. It is hardly a travesty that they are being picked over us.

Just got out of the truck listening to some Sirius, like I do most of the day at work.

I've always seen Schein as a bit of an egotistical jerk, and Ganon as the voice of reason. They always pick us as last in the division, always have us under the Cowboys, always find any idea of success for us as uninformed and silly fandom.

Well, I've always been in the crowd that says "as long as we keep finishing last in the division, we will be seen like that."

However, after a 7 game winning streak, they just picked the Seahawks over us. Now, I hear a lot of predictions, and realize that in the end they mean absolutely nothing. None of them know what the hell they are talking about any more than you and I. They have no crystal ball. But how they made the case is what bothers me. They went on this long babbling mess about Marshawn Lynch being a 1500 yard back, and how great he is. Morris has more yards AND more TDs than him...yet Morris didn't even get mentioned. Then they went on about how Wilson is another version of RG3, he has rushed for 500 yards this season, thrown for more TDs and INTs, blah blah blah. They mentioned nothing about RG3s superior stats, more rushing yards, nothing. All they mentioned about RG3 is that he's not the same RG3 as the beginning of the season and he's not flashy. Basically he's nothing, no one is scared of him.

When will the disrespect and blubbering idiocy stop when it comes to this team!? What will it take to get a bit of respect!? We won the freakin division, and we still get called the inferior team to pretty much everyone. I guess we just don't have ESPN and the NFL in our pockets enough yet. But, you know what, **** it. We don't need them, never have needed them, and we'll win and shut them up about it so they can bend stats, blatantly disregard facts, and talk **** about how we'll get dominated NEXT week. Here's to having to hear that. HAIL!

We are the only team in the division to win 10 games. The NFC East was far from dominant this year. One 10 win season in eleventy years doesn't earn alot of respect. Why would anyone but us pick us to win? The Seahawks look freakin great right now, they are killing people. They are the one team I didn't want to play

In a perfect Skins world, The skins win this weekend and both wilson and luck can watch the true ROTY from home, like the rest of us. Skins then get revenge against ATL, before beating the 49ers in the NFC championship game.

Setting up a Denver/Skins SB, in which Payton manages to choke the big game away, and skins fans worldwide can pretend the last two decades were a bad dream.

What does this have to do with anything? Just showing any idiot with a computer can make meaningless predictions. I do happen to like mine better though.

Don't worry, if we win this week there will be a complete 180 and people will be talking about us going to the Super Bowl. The media is a week to week thing. They change their views all the damn time. Like you watch Jaws on ESPN. Every show from First Take, to Sportscenter, he changes who his OROY is

The Cowboys were 8-8. .500 is not a winning record. It is the definition of mediocity.

I don't know if you look at it on paper, with RG3 a little banged up, a secondary that can get burned (although not lately too bad), then I could see why that could happen. To be honest I want them to not pick us. In fact I want them to say we will get slaughtered and not even in the same class. Print it post it around the locker room. In the end it does not matter what the hell these guys think Thats why they play the game. Go skins!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been so long since Jan mattered. No matter what, the season out paced my expectations

dude. the ENTIRE country picked us to beat dallas sunday nighy, and we didnt play terrible.

I agree. I'm getting tired of the "if all the experts pick the Skins to win then it's a bad thing because we lose." That's nonsense. The Redskins have lost in the past because they were a bad team and not because anyone jumped on board. I'd imagine that there have been way more times where the media has predicted that we'd lose (across the board) and the team has done so. What the so called experts think has no bearing on how our team plays. Only the coaches and players matter.

Archived