Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From a life member of Redskins Nation to the team: Opportunity has tapped you on the shoulder

Commander PK

From a life member of Redskins Nation to the team:

Over the last six games the fans and the nation have watched you men make a remarkable turnaround. There have been some incredible victories. Some amazing moments, sheer euphoria for you and us. No question it’s been an amazing run, and make no mistake, all of us (the fans) are incredibly proud of you guys…but here is the fact of the matter.

Nobody will remember this amazing winning streak if you guys lose this game on Sunday Sure, over the short term, people will talk about what an unbelievable run the Redskins had…and how they just couldn’t get that last win to top it off. For a while, they will talk about the year that the Redskins started the season 3-6…and then lit FIRE….only to fall short when they could have had it all. A solid 9-7 team, that in the end won nothing.

They will talk about future championships…how we have such a solid foundation to build on, and they are correct. The sky is the limit. "Times, they are a changin' " in the NFC East. However, there is no time like the present. There is no guarantee about tomorrow. Tomorrow…might not ever arrive. Next year…might not get here. The future is indeed, NOW.

On Sunday, you men have the chance to accomplish something no Redskins team has accomplished in over a decade. Win a Division championship.

Make no mistake, you will have every single Redskins fan in attendance at the game, every single Redskins fan in the bars and restaurants, every Redskins fan at home in the DMV and across the Nation 100% in support of you on Sunday. Do not forget what brought you to this opportunity. Remember what it took to get you here. Seize this opportunity you have been given, and go down in the history books of the NFL has having one of the most amazing finishes to a season ever, topped off with a 10-6 record and a Division Championship. Your road to the Super Bowl, starts HERE.

The Dallas Cowboys are a team that also stand to lose everything. They will bring their best effort, no question. All the blood, sweat, effort, and character you men have put into this season…they can take all that from you in one three hour contest. Do not let them take it from you.

I close out with one of my favorite quotes from an historical figure that I admire.

“A man must know his destiny… if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder… if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.”

General George S. Patton

Gentleman, opportunity has tapped you on the shoulder…what will you do?

Great post!!! Sunday night will not come soon enough....... This is gonna be more than just a football game to me as a fan. We have been a losing team for too long, and pride is on the line. I am tiered of being the same old redskins. This game can be a statement for a whole new era!! We have crawled our way out of that huge hole we made earlier this year, and the division is here for the taking. To win this game against Dallas to take the division, would be like winning a mini Superbowl in my opinion. I want it bad, now lets see if the players want it as bad as we do. Leave it all on the field skins!!

HTTR

That's a work of art Painkiller, an absolute masterpiece of rhetoric. You nailed it, this team has to seize the opportunity or see it slip away like smoke.

thanks man, and here's another point to be made. In recent years, the 2005 team has kind of been the one we point to as the greatest Redskins team since 1999. They went on a 5 game winning streak to finish the season 10-6, and get the wild card, but that's the thing. They could only achieve a wild card. This team can win the division.

The only thing bigger at this point would be a Super Bowl championship.

Sons of Washington!

My Brothers!

I see in your eyes the fear that would take the heart of me!

A day may come when the courage of the Redskins fails, when we forsake our teammates and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day!! An hour of Cowboys and shattered helmets when the Age of the Redskins comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Sons of Washington!!!!!

thanks man, and here's another point to be made. In recent years, the 2005 team has kind of been the one we point to as the greatest Redskins team since 1999. They went on a 5 game winning streak to finish the season 10-6, and get the wild card, but that's the thing. They could only achieve a wild card. This team can win the division.

The only thing bigger at this point would be a Super Bowl championship.

Another excellent point PK. The run at the end in '05 was thrilling but you just knew it couldn't last, sooner or later you were comin' up craps and handing the dice away. This season isn't one player, one shot, one hope, it has been a collective effort from many men on the roster. For all that Griffin has accomplished we're not here without Alfred Morris' stellar rookie campaign, Kerrigan's awesome motor, Garçon's amazing efforts, Santana's rebirth, the O line together making something outstanding when no one gave them a chance in hell, Fletcher, Riley, Alexander, Hall........ this has genuinely been a team effort in a way we haven't seen in a long time.

Great post!!! Sunday night will not come soon enough....... This is gonna be more than just a football game to me as a fan. We have been a losing team for too long, and pride is on the line. I am tiered of being the same old redskins. This game can be a statement for a whole new era!! We have crawled our way out of that huge hole we made earlier this year, and the division is here for the taking. To win this game against Dallas to take the division, would be like winning a mini Superbowl in my opinion. I want it bad, now lets see if the players want it as bad as we do. Leave it all on the field skins!!

HTTR

All you young fans who have suffered and endured the terrible years deserve this!!!

Great stuff, PK.

Guys, this is OUR time. Everything has fallen into place and it's up to our men to wrap it up. Let's be upbeat and confident this week. If something awesome happens and you happen to run into a Skins player this week, let them know how proud we are of the team. That entire stadium is going to be packed to the gills with good vibes. Our backs are no longer to the wall; it's a footrace now, and who better to carry us than RG3? This is a rugged, confident team being led by its young-but-wise-beyond-his-years QB, who might be one of the toughest men in the NFL. We're going to walk into FedEx and finish what we started.

Really, look at ****ing CZ here:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=249947

Be pumped, because someone should be for a marquee game like this. :)

Great post OP.

Hopefully, PD will see this and show it to Coach Shanahan, could be a good thing for Coach to read to the players pre-game?

Reminds me of a Spartan proverb that wives used to tell their husbands prior to leaving for battle ... "Come back with your shield, or upon it!"

COWPUKES SUCK ... HTTR!

Listen,

to all redskins fans...in the world...its time to unleash the 12th man like never seen before. Unleash hell upon the enemy on sunday night, make them fear the rumble of the stadium, weaken them with all that you have, render them useless on every play. Make them bow down.

This is your mission

This might sound like idiocy.. but I'd rather lose to the Cowboys here, make it into the Wildcard, and beat them in the playoffs.

Oh my God that would be wonderful.

You're right Kyle......it does sound like idiocy. :) No way, I want to squash their little playoff dreams, and make them realize that WE are the best team in the East RIGHT NOW, and plan on staying that way for a long time to come. There's a new sheriff in town, ****es.

Nice OP, PK.

Archived