Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something's Happening Here

Titaw

Something’s Happening Here

Everyone’s heard the Buffalo Springfield song “For What It’s Worth”, now I know it’s a 60’s protest song it truly does resonate and apply to what we are witnessing here in Washington. For so many years we have seen the same old Skins; talented, underperforming, overpaid roster that gives us fans what my friends and I like to call the “ray of hope” during games or even seasons before they find a way to grab defeat from the jaws of defeat. Yet with a younger roster that was built on a budget, this year it seems different, it truly does seem like “Something’s Happening Here”.

In our opening game, our “ray of hope” RGIII came out and throttled what many prognosticators believed to be a playoff team, the New Orleans Saints. Then the season started to look eerily similar when the Skins, of course lost to the Rams, I mean it’s the least they could do after paying a king’s ransom for the opportunity to draft RGIII. Fast forward 3 weeks and with the uncertainty of RGIII’s condition looming Minnesota comes to town, and RGIII showed the fans in a game clinching 76 yard run why the Skins gave up as much as they did for him. The next three weeks are heartbreaking and difficult for Skins fans to watch, the case of the dropsies in Pittsburgh, a dagger bomb by Eli to Cruz, and a thorough ass-whoopin’ by Carolina and the Skins look, well like the Skins. At 3-6 we were at the lowest of lows, our coach seemed to have given up on the season after a loss in what he called a “must win game”, RGIII and the offense looked like the league was catching up to them, and the defense was on its way to being historically bad.

Then the bye came and RGIII stated, “We are going to regroup and return a different team.” Which as fans, we liked what we heard but we’ve seen this before and we are not thinking anything will be different. The following week the Skins finally do it, they finally hand the Eagles a thorough butt-kickin’, and maybe RGIII was on to something, no they’ve done this to us before, besides we are playing in Dallas on thanksgiving where we are 0-6, great game but the season is still over. A Thanksgiving stuffing of the Cowboys (I know bad pun), and a clutch performance by RGIII in a win over the Giants and the Skins are 6-6 and one game out of first place in the division. In come the Ravens, a good team that is lauded as one of the model franchises in the NFL, even though the last Superbowl win was 10 years ago. Down goes RGIII again but this time it seems bad, when his leg was used by Haloti Ngata as a belt. Cousins comes in and leads us to an overtime victory with clutch throws and a gutsy called 2-pt. conversion run.

With the news that RGIII won’t play against the Browns the fanbase is surprisingly at ease, I don’t know if it was the fact that we knew Rex wasn’t starting or if we really were that confident in Cousins. Whichever the case Cousins, after a shaky start, proved why we the fans were at ease and dismantled the Browns. With 2 games left the Skins are 8-6, tied for the division lead, hold the tiebreakers with NY, and have the Cowboys coming to town it what will likely be for the NFC East crown.

As a Skins fan I know we are all thinking “this five game winning streak is simply that ray of hope you talked about” and we need to stay guarded but….

Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

It starts when you're always afraid

But “Something’s Happening Here” because this team is young, hungry, and in RGIII we trust. It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound, Everybody look what's going down! It’s time for us to be optimistic because we have an offense that nobody wants to play, a Defense that can hold their own, and a kicker who has proven his worth time and again! We are experiencing something special going down and I am glad to have suffered as long as we have because this feels OH SO GOOD!!

Hail To The Redskins!!!!

I know what you're getting at, but really, how does a 60's protest song about curfews enforced against L.A. clubbers (It isn't about war) have anything to do with our football team returning to prominence? :ols:

I have no idea, but when I clicked the link YouTube first played a commercial with the T-mobile girl in it so I forgot what we were talking about.

There's battle lines being drawn

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

The above reminded me of the last two OldFan threads, lol. Fun read, nice recap-not sure about the tie in but yeah something good is happening here.

Celebration? Come oooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn man! That song is toast.

We need something that PUNCHES PEOPLE IN THE MOUTH. I propose this for a new song coming out of the tunnel...:beavisnbutthead:

And we don't worry 'bout tomorrow

Because we're sick of these four walls

Now what you think is nothing

Might be something after all

Now you know this ain't no through street

The end is dead ahead

The poor folks play for keeps down here

They're the living dead

Come on down

Down to Mean Street

They're dancin' now

Out on Mean Street

It's always here and now my friend,

It ain't once upon a time

It's all over but the shouting

I come to take what's mine

We're searching for the latest thing

A break in this routine

Talking some new kicks

Ones like you ain't never seen

This is home

This is Mean Street

Yes home

Only one I know

See, a gun is real easy (RG3!)

In this desperate part of town

Turns you from hunted into hunter

You go and hunt somebody down

Wait a minute

Somebody said "Fair Warning"

Lord, strike that poor boy down!

I feel you, Titaw. The 5 game run has been a gauntlet and the Skins have grown from it. It's clear. I've been worrying that a 6 game streak is hard for any team. I hope we've grown enough not to sleep on Philly.

Anyway, to your point- The Redskins are back. Paloffs or not.

Far out, mannn.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 04:24 PM ----------

Stop, children - what's that sound?

Everybody look - what's goin' down >>>

>>> :eaglesuck:dallasuck:giantsuck:

Judging by the chant I heard when I was at Fedex after that 74 yard game ending run, you don't have to stop and listen to the sound. You can FEEL the sound. RG3! RG3! RG3!

Archived