Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter,(and other sources): Cousins Starting

Im Ron Burgundy?

With this decision, I see 3 possible outcomes: A close nail biting Skins win at the end, a close nail biting Browns win at the end, or a Browns blowout win. Two out of those 3 aren't good and I don't like those odds. :mad: Either Coach Shanahan doesn't think much of the Browns to think they're beatable without RG3 or he thinks this is a throw away game and believes the Eagles and he Dal@ss games are much more important.

I am pretty sure 95% of the fanbases in the NFL would be pessimistic and nervous if their starting QB wasn't playing...

Nervousness is one thing. Immediately questioning the motives, decision making, and knowledge of our coaching staff and front office when a player isn't going to start because of injury is ridiculous.

How many times has some variation of this been said, and then lo and behold, the Redskins lose?

Let's not get ****y. The Browns HAVE won three in a row, so I'm pretty sure they're not just gonna lay down because the mighty Burgundy and Gold are coming to town.

That being said... hope there is nothing left of the Browns tomorrow night but skidmarks on the field.

Three in a row against the even more woeful Chiefs and Raiders, and a Charlie freeking Batch lead Steelers. And even with that, their still 3 games under .500.

I'm reserving the right to be ****y on this one. We're far more advanced in our rebuild than they are in theirs. If we can't beat them regardless of who's under center, we don't deserve to be looking at the post-season.

Hail.

I'm just straight baffled. Jay Cutler is going to play with a sprained MCL. London Fletcher has been playing with multiple injuries without practice for some time now. To me this is the same fear that the Nationals displayed about Stephen Strasburg. I think Shanahan should trust Robert Griffin III, his franchise QB, and if RG3 says he can play and contribute to the team then thats good enough for me.

Nervousness is one thing. Immediately questioning the motives, decision making, and knowledge of our coaching staff and front office when a player isn't going to start because of injury is ridiculous.

Yeah, but in fairness, there were only a few people questioning the motives of Mike in this particular thread.

This thread just reminded me that it doesn't matter that our team is vastly improved, that they are on a 4 game winning streak and playing with confidence, that we have a roster full of young talent, and that the future looks bright. It doesn't change the fact that the fan base is still comprised of the same chicken little nancies as before.

Amen!

Either Coach Shanahan doesn't think much of the Browns to think they're beatable without RG3 or he thinks this is a throw away game and believes the Eagles and he Dal@ss games are much more important.

Or maybe its just a case of the doctors feeling that RG3 just isn't ready to go so soon after the injury. I just hope that he's able to play in the final two games.......as of now, there's not any guarantee of even that.

I'm just straight baffled. Jay Cutler is going to play with a sprained MCL. London Fletcher has been playing with multiple injuries without practice for some time now. To me this is the same fear that the Nationals displayed about Stephen Strasburg. I think Shanahan should trust Robert Griffin III, his franchise QB, and if RG3 says he can play and contribute to the team then thats good enough for me.

Hes not healthy enough to go out there and play his highest level, so rest him.

I am VERY nervous about tomorrow now...

I am worried that the running game will suffer a lot and I am not really confident in 4 quarters of kirk...

damn it

We probably won't see much read-option with Cousins but I don't see we wouldn't use the Pistol. I think out running game will look similar to the way the offense looked last year, and the running game was decent. I expect to see some bubble screens, TE screens and of course the boot-swap/play-action.

It's now that I feel they had beaten the Rams or the Panthers so this game wasn't as critical. I'm nervous as **** about tomorrow's game now.

Not like you shouldn't have been nervous anyway. No, the Browns aren't very good, but they are an NFL team and I feel like we were going to have our hands full anyway, even if RG3 was healthy. Plus the Skins do have the option of going to Rex if Kirk struggles early. I don't trust Rex to lead this team for extended number of games, but he is a competent backup QB who can get hot.

We all hope Griffin is here for a long time, and I hate to say it, but this probably won't be the last occurrence of him missing time due to injury in his Skins career. Just the nature of the beast.

The decision has been made. NO point in second guessing Coach Shanahan now. Just roll with it. Two outcomes in this game but either way we wont be completely out of the postseason picture. If griff were to play the browns D would be looking to tee off on his knee. The worst it would cost them to teach the rook a lesson is a 50000 fine and a 15 yard penalty. If he can be 95 percent next week by sitting this week then so be it. A large part of his game is his threat to run and if he can t run then it makes little sense to put him in a position where he might lose that ability for good just to win a game that in the long run might not matter much. You want rg3 for a day or 15 years?

Not like you shouldn't have been nervous anyway. No, the Browns aren't very good, but they are an NFL team and I feel like we were going to have our hands full anyway, even if RG3 was healthy. Plus the Skins do have the option of going to Rex if Kirk struggles early. I don't trust Rex to lead this team for extended number of games, but he is a competent backup QB who can get hot.

We all hope Griffin is here for a long time, and I hate to say it, but this probably won't be the last occurrence of him missing time due to injury in his Skins career. Just the nature of the beast.

I don't think anybody here trusts Grossman to do anything except throw INTs when he's gets on the field. That's one of the main reasons why he's a #3 QB in this league right now. As far as missing time, RG3 has to be a lot smarter on running plays because the opposing players will be gunning for his legs now.

I think the "cousins starting" news is interesting and not " RG3 is inactive for game". Along with Griffin saying it wasn't his decision. That tells me he could play but not 100% and wouldn't be surprised if he's active. ....unless I missed news saying griffin is out.

Archived