Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter,(and other sources): Cousins Starting

Im Ron Burgundy?

Giants won the division at 9-7 in 2011.

9-7 isn't winning the division this year, though, because the giants already have 8 wins, and the cowboys have 7. the cowboys would have to lose one of their next three AND the giants would have to lose 2 of their next 3 for us to win the division at 9-7.

next Sunday is two weeks, that is several weeks, so why couldn't he play next week

I am pretty upset about RG3 not playing tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind him sitting next week. Eagles are terrible. If we can't beat them without RG3 we don't deserve the playoffs.

Season's in major jeopardy here.

I'll be back to take my crow if I'm wrong.

But damn, I just don't know how the OL is going to function without RG3 under center.

I'm not that worried about it man - this same offensive line minus Trent (by far our best linemen) helped us finish the season with 5 straight 100 yard games by Helu and Royster last year. If they can perform at a similar level for Morris and with Trent, that will be huge for Kirk. And Kirk is much more mobile than Rex ever was so it's not as if he's a statue back there. We will definitely want to lean on the running game and hope our defense can create some short fields.

I know you are worried mostly about the pass protection and especially against a highly ranked defense in terms of sacks. They will certainly get some sacks tomorrow but Cousins has a quick release and is a smart kid. With a full week of practice I'm sure he will be capable tomorrow and I think our line will perform at a high enough level to give him adequate time.

I hope to God Im wrong, but I agree with Destino and Bacon. I think RGIII hid our average(or below) offense. I think with him out we will struggle mightily and lose to both Browns AND Eagles. If we win tomorrow I will be extremely happy and extremely surprised. My hope is RGIII can come back next week and we get some help and reach playoffs at 9-7.

I hope to God Im wrong, but I agree with Destino and Bacon. I think RGIII hid our average(or below) offense. I think with him out we will struggle mightily and lose to both Browns AND Eagles. If we win tomorrow I will be extremely happy and extremely surprised. My hope is RGIII can come back next week and we get some help and reach playoffs at 9-7.

Well, we're definitely gonna find out how good our offense is tomorrow without Griffin Lol! I wonder though, if we (please Baby Jesus!) beat the crap out of the Browns, will that change a lot of people's opinions about our offense as a whole? Like the issues with the right side of the line, etc?

I'm not that worried about it man - this same offensive line minus Trent (by far our best linemen) helped us finish the season with 5 straight 100 yard games by Helu and Royster last year. If they can perform at a similar level for Morris and with Trent, that will be huge for Kirk. And Kirk is much more mobile than Rex ever was so it's not as if he's a statue back there. We will definitely want to lean on the running game and hope our defense can create some short fields.

I know you are worried mostly about the pass protection and especially against a highly ranked defense in terms of sacks. They will certainly get some sacks tomorrow but Cousins has a quick release and is a smart kid. With a full week of practice I'm sure he will be capable tomorrow and I think our line will perform at a high enough level to give him adequate time.

I really don't mean to bag on Kirk. Dude can ball. He was a winner at MSU and looked great in preseason. He has decent speed, a decent arm and a lot of passion for the game. He just strikes me as the kind of guy you want out there as a backup. He'll pull through by sheer force of will.

But how do we adjust the O in a single week? I'm as concerned about Kyle as anyone. And frankly, I'm not sure anyone could pull off the transition seamlessly from a pistol to a very traditional setup in a single week. Particularly in the first quarter, I'm worried about Kirk's ability to adjust to NFL speed and Kyle to strike the right balance. If we can get a good running game going without RG3, I think Kirk will be in some good situations that will keep him from forcing throws. I know he's an accurate QB, he's just a rookie who does stupid **** sometimes. That's alright, as long as he has the nerve to come back from it, and I think he does.

If we win this game, man, we're going to go far. It's just the kind of team-building victory that you need at this point in the season. And when RG3 is plugged back into that, we're gonna be scary. If we lose, well, season over probably.

Well, we're definitely gonna find out how good our offense is tomorrow without Griffin Lol! I wonder though, if we (please Baby Jesus!) beat the crap out of the Browns, will that change a lot of people's opinions about our offense as a whole? Like the issues with the right side of the line, etc?

It WOULD change alot of opinions I think. It would also hurt RGIII's chances for ROY...though Im fine with him losing that if it means Skins get into postseason.

It WOULD change alot of opinions I think. It would also hurt RGIII's chances for ROY...though Im fine with him losing that if it means Skins get into postseason.

See, I think if we win and still make the playoffs, he'll be good for ROY. Heck, even if we lose and don't make the playoffs, he could still get it impo.

I think Rex will be activated one and a half hours before the game, Cousins will start and if he falters, Sexy will take over and win the game for us. Rex does have experience, can get hot at times and without any defensive preparation, he can do well against any team in a surprise outing.

Go Rex!

I hope Kirk Cousins turns out to be the Redskins version of Sunshine, circa Remember the Titans. If so K.C. and the Sunshine Bandwagon get the win today in Cleveland, moving us one step closer to a playoff birth.

This is an incorrect usage of the word "circa." Circa means "around" or "about" and is usually used in conjunction with a year (such as 1890) or a time frame (1990-1992). What you mean to use is the word "ala" which means "in the style of" or "like". Go Redskins.

Archived