Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: Rob Parker Questions RGIII "Is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?"

AVTizzle

I'm black. I usually lean republican (independent). I would gladly have Rob parker swallow some teeth for that, although violence is not the answer, plus he's got 80 lbs on me, and probably a foot. LOL

This 'down for the cause' bull is soooo 1960s. We need to grow up.

We, as Skins fans, should petition ESPN to get rid of this guy. This is beyond "antics" and has no place in today's world... period.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 03:53 PM ----------

Seriously shameful....

See my post above ^^

Wow.. just wow.

Parker is entitled to his opinion but he seems threatened for some reason. Why does he have such a problem with RG? Parker is obviously offended by Tiger saying he wasn't Black (even though he is very multi racial). But has Robert said anything like that? RG wants to be the best QB. Not best "black QB". How does that make him a cornball brutha (whatever that is).

I am probably out of touch with race relations perhaps and how some African Americans feel towards other African Americans who aren't "down with the cause" (also not sure I fully understand what that means either). I look at RG as an AMAZING human being who impresses me by the person and athlete he is. I guess I forgot to focus on the fact that he is black. Im sure this will get back to RG - I would hope that this doesn't somehow make him feel like he has let down members of his race.

He said it during the full segment, I just heard at a couple of seconds ago.

And that pisses me off.

I am a college educated black man, but because I don't keep it real in the barbershop and I don't have braids, I am not a "real brother."

What the heck is a real brother anyway? When I think of a "real brother" I think of a dude, no matter the race, who takes cares of his business for his family, for his friends, and helps out other people when he can. A real brother wouldn't criticize somebody because the skin color of his wife, we wouldn't criticize the political party of someone else. A real brother would have recognized that black people are already looked at differently by some people and that it might not be the best thing to publicly critic another black person.

But that is just me. :whoknows:

I am done with this.....

its embarrassing and he is embarrassing.

And the sad thing is that there are black people defending him.

you can't make this up ...

Parker: He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kind of black but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else

Well RG3 would be a "cornball brotha" if he denounced his African American race but he never said such a thing. Parker misinterpreted RG3 quote and instead of keeping race talk like this between black folks he bought it to national television for people of other races to misinterpret his quote as well.

Also stop clowning my guy Stephen A. Smith. He is to the NBA what Adam Schefter is to the NFL. Just ignore his analysis on other sports.

I was listening to Bomani Jones just now, and he said Parker said it.

If he didnt, I apologize, but I heard it from Bomani Jones on the Dan Lebatard radio show.

A few people confirmed the quote was legit. It was nothing against you. It was just such a stupid thing to say, I wanted to be sure it was factual.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 03:59 PM ----------

LOL....980 guy just said Parker probably doesn't even have a girlfriend!

Yeah Brian Mitchell went off on him. I heard that too.

Well RG3 would be a "cornball brotha" if he denounced his African American race but he never said such a thing. Parker misinterpreted RG3 quote and instead of keeping race talk like this between black folks he bought it to national television for people of other races to misinterpret his quote as well.

Also stop clowning my guy Stephen A. Smith. He is to the NBA what Adam Schefter is to the NFL. Just ignore his analysis on other sports.

Adam Schefter and Stephen A Smith are nothing alike.

Cool I just wanted to confirm, because I don't like spreading false quotes. That's nothing against the guy that posted it.

That's not the actual quote, so I wouldn't go quoting it, it was more words to that effect. You can hear what he said at about 1:22.35 in the podcast.

Dumb people say and do dumb things....calling for someone to get fired every time you disagree with someone is crazy. Can everyone stop being so offended and let idiots be idiots. His foolish statements stand on there own ignorance. Poeple like him enjoy putting race into everything and seeing people only as a color and or a stereotype.

you can't make this up ...

LOL well obviously he's off to do his own thing. Probably at Renaissance festivals,

I remember when Spider-Man came out (the Tobey Maguire one) and this couple-friends of the girl I was dating at the time heard she was gonna see Spider-Man with me.

They said, "white people." Really? Superheroes are for white people, I guess. lol

"im talking about the real brothers in the barbershop, not college educated ones"

Thats what this idiot Parker said. His shape-up represents a man that hasnt been in a barbershop in half a decade.

I can't belive he said that ... I mean, that is nuts. Isn't every single NFL player college educated? Are they nto real brothers?

Dumb people say and do dumb things....calling for someone to get fired every time you disagree with someone is crazy. Can everyone stop being so offended and let idiots be idiots. His foolish statements stand on there own ignorance.

Yeah, I don't want him to be fired EXCEPT in the way that I don't want people fired for saying controversial, even wrong things. But I do want fair treatment and what he said was worse to me than Limbaugh, who was really only insulting media members or the Jeremy Lin graphics guy who still maintains it was not a deliberate thing.

he is absolutely not like Adam Schefter when it comes to the NBA. And Schefter is a low rent Jay Glazer.

SAS is a loudmouth and more articulate version of Rob Parker. He says the same things. Dude is, or WAS, the most embarrassing black man I have ever seen on TV. He was until Rob Parker opened his mouth today. SAS is a clown, who isnt even a good writer. ANd is more concerned with celebrity than actually being a journalist.

George Michael's greatest mistake was letting this clown on his show back in the day.

"I asked an ESPN spokesman whether the network had any response to Parker’s comments on the air and will post it if ESPN does issue a response. But ESPN obviously thought Parker’s comments were worth repeating: When Best of First Take aired on Thursday afternoon, the show ended with a replay of the discussion about Griffin." - PFT

**** ESPN.

Archived