Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Start Kirk Cousins this week vs Browns

End2round2sanders

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Cousins threw what 4-5 passes? He's cool and all but if RGIII can play, he should play (yesterday I felt differently)

We are making a serious playoff push so we need our full compliment of talent

We aren't the Iggles sitting at 4-9...

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

I actually think that Grossman may be the guy this Sunday.

How in the hell do you figure that?

Judging from the tenacity he displayed yesterday, if rg3 can play I don't think you can keep him off the field. And this long term future, make him sit talk is off base in my opinion. How many chances have we had to make the playoffs in the last 20 years? Who knows what could happen next year but we have a real shot this year and we better do everything in our power to capitalize on it. The future is now!

Cousins threw what 4-5 passes? He's cool and all but if RGIII can play, he should play (yesterday I felt differently)

We are making a serious playoff push so we need our full compliment of talent

We aren't the Iggles sitting at 4-9...

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

How in the hell do you figure that?

he threw 3 passes in total if you count the one that drew the PI penalty

This is the same JUNK we heard when Griffin had a concussion and a bunch of you said rest him. Well Griffin made you look foolish when he played and won the damn game. If he's practicing fine this week and says he feels good you play him. If he can't run and he's like 50-70%, you don't. It's as simple as that.

You also have to think long-term. There is pretty much no way RG3 will be back to 100% by Sunday, after the way he looked yesterday. I've had injured knees, I know what that's like. If you're not 100% healed, you are at MUCH greater risk of injuring the knee further. Maybe doing serious damage.

You want RG3 to be the franchise for years to come, I think the prudent move is to rest him this week, even if they were playing somebody good (which they are not). Look what the Nats did with Strasburg. You have to think big picture with an investment like RG3. It's a tough call but it's the smart call.

Nats made the wrong call with Strasburg and they squandered their chances at winning the world series

Nats made the wrong call with Strasburg and they squandered their chances at winning the world series

very much so agreed but I feel like the two situations are very different

Stras NEEDS his arm to be successful

RGIII is a quarterback so his arm is what is most important.

SS could have his career ended with another elbow injury...not the case for RGIII

/\/\/\ This I COMPLETELY agree with. NATS would have won it ALL. I'm still reeling from the final game. THAT being said, we AREN'T in the paloffs, so I say rest the man. We need him to beat the Pukes and put the nail in the coffin of the Walrus.

If we sweep the PUKES and the one's headed by the Walrus, I would say this was an EXTREMELY successful season

HAIL :logo:

/\/\/\ This I COMPLETELY agree with. NATS would have won it ALL. I'm still reeling from the final game. THAT being said, we AREN'T in the paloffs, so I say rest the man. We need him to beat the Pukes and put the nail in the coffin of the Walrus.

If we sweep the PUKES and the one's headed by the Walrus, I would say this was an EXTREMELY successful season

Making the playoffs trumps beating rivals in meaningless games

NFL players play with sprained knees all the time. It is strictly up to how RG3 feels by week's end and how he practices. It is silly to start Cousins if Griffin is reasonably healthy. This team is this close to making the playoffs. Griffin got us this far. Shanahan needs to go with him if he is able to walk and run some. Just change the game plan to eliminate the triple option stuff and let him play a more conventional QB handing off to Morris and staying in the pocket.

Cleveland franchise is turning around with new ownership and it's shown, winning it's last 5 out of 8, riding a three game winning streak. They beat teams we couldn't defeat. Cleveland is only getting better.

We are riding a 4 game winning streak with RG3, so why take him out if the doc says he's good to play? It's too dangerous to make a change at QB and gamble the playoffs away. Stick with the man who got us to 7-6..

The city of Cleveland and the Browns are the ******* of Ohio. Just like Baltimore and the Ravens are the ******* of Maryland. I can see the Turd Browns targeting the knee or "sweeping the leg" if Griff plays. I think they are still pissed about losing the 2nd overall pick to the Redskins.

We've got A LOT invested in Robby. We weren't even expecting to have sniffed the playoffs at this point 4 weeks back. We as a fan base need to be A LITTLE more patient. I say sit Bobby, even though it might kill our playoff chances - worst case is we lose, don't make the playoffs, and get a better 2nd round pick out of it.

And this "Play Kirk so we can audition him to be traded...." talk is freakin bat ****in crazy ass talk. WE HAVE an excellent Backup, we NEED one to make this team work. Put down the pipe guys.

Totally agree!!!

Making the playoffs trumps beating rivals in meaningless games

Killing the Puke's playoff chances is HARDLY meaningless. Sweeping the Pukes and Eagles is HARDLY meaningless.

I've been a fan for MANY years, I've been waiting for a another Superbowl before you were even conceived - no offense.

I know what trumps what

There's really no comparison here. Two completely different situations and sports.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

How about a third option--here you go: "we--fans on a message board with limited knowledge of the situation--should trust the coaching staff, medical personnel, and Robert to make an informed, professional decision?"

This comes down to 2 very simple questions: "Is the starter medically cleared?" If the answer is yes, then you play and start Robert. If the answer is no, you start the backup.

There is nothing else to discuss.

EDIT: I did not vote in the poll because neither option is valid.

Agreed. And "medically cleared" doesn't have to mean "100% healthy." If that were the case, there would be no games this weekend.

I think Griffin should be used on a need be basis. If Cousins comes in and plays well against the Browns, allow him to keep playing so RGIII can properly heal. If Cousins starts stinkin up the joint thoguh, he needs to be pulled.

A good thing is that the remaining teams arent all that good, but Cleveland actually worries me the most. If they don't get to Weeden, Josh Gordon is going to have a field day and Richardson gives them good balance. If they can get past Cleveland, I feel good about a10-6 record because the Eagles are a mess and Dallas can't score without Des Bryant(who may be out with his hand injury).

First time I saw RG3 last year on a Baylor youtube vid, the first thing I noticed was I've never seen anyone run like that or move like that (and I'm old, let's just say I've been watching football for many decades). He runs and moves like a cat, I thought. At that time I theorized he was going to be a GREAT passer in the NFL--because of his feet, his balance, the platform he gives himself, the way he can move from the waste down.

I still believe this is the source of his great power and accuracy, and aids his quick release and decision making.

Not happy about a knee injury. I hope Shanahan really limits this part of his game where he puts himself in danger like this. A few extra yards isn't worth shortening his career and how effective he can be.

Forget resting RG3. He is getting around the clock treatment and with a grade 1 sprain he is going to feel really good on Sunday. He'll put that knee in a sleeve and will be ready to roll. We are not good enough to say "It's just Cleveland". They are more than capable of lighting our defense up and we need all hands on deck. I'm confident Shanny and Co. know whether or not RG3 is putting himself at risk by playing.

stupid thread. we already had an identical one earlier today (minus the poll, granted), almost get closed and earn the person a NNT tag for good reason. this opinion could have gone in any number of other threads that already exist.

also, whether to start or sit him depends on how healthy he is, which we don't know yet.

if he can move, he should start.

it's dumb to look past ANY team, let alone one on a 3-game win streak.

we probably have to win out to make the playoffs.

Archived