Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick RG3 update (next person to speculate on how much time he will miss without any kind of real knowledge will miss time of his own) (merged)

TK

ideally, it would be beneficial to rest RG3, but, if he is determined to be fit to play we need him in any game. reason being, we have to beat every team by scoring a lot. our defensive secondary is the worst in the nfl. every team beats our secondary.

if RG3 doesn't play, I honestly don't see the Redskins winning.

Incorrect: READ THIS: The bottom line is that the Redskins need to keep winning. A loss to AFC opponent Cleveland this Sunday wouldn’t eliminate them, but they can’t afford to lose to conference/divisional opponents Philadelphia or Dallas.

My take would be if he is not TOTALLY 100% then you don't force him to be out there. I really don't see how that would be an issue with anyone.

Incorrect: READ THIS: The bottom line is that the Redskins need to keep winning. A loss to AFC opponent Cleveland this Sunday wouldn’t eliminate them, but they can’t afford to lose to conference/divisional opponents Philadelphia or Dallas.

My take would be if he is not TOTALLY 100% then you don't force him to be out there. I really don't see how that would be an issue with anyone.

no-one is 100% at this point in the season... but i get ur point

regardless of the diagnosis, we rest RG next week.

It's Cleveland. We certainly can beat Cleveland without RG and if we cant how far in the playoffs could we go anyway.

Rest him in Cleveland. lets be smart.

Don't know where this mindset is coming from Cleveland's defense is better than our's

that's huge. if he's not really limping less than 24 hours after the injury that's great news

Like stated, if it was a contusion, it just takes time to heal. He'll be good to go Sunday. No one is at 100% right now, and even if he's at 75%, and feels good to play, he needs to play!

I always have to chuckle at fans who say the team should rest a player, when said fans--like the rest of us--have no knowledge about the injury itself, the player's progress, his pain threshold, the risks for further injury, and a host of other factors only privy to the team's medical personnel and coaching staff. Saying that the player "should rest" is just as ignorant as saying that the player should play--none of us have a clue about his injury and whether or not he should play.

Anyone have an idea how severe the sprained knee is? If it's bad' date=' he could miss more than a week, if it's minor, there's a possibility he can play on Sunday.[/quote']

some ass clown in another thread was trying to claim that it was public knowledge that it was a first degree sprain without ever citing a source

Archived