Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick RG3 update (next person to speculate on how much time he will miss without any kind of real knowledge will miss time of his own) (merged)

TK

Wow, the way some of you guys are talking you would think Cleveland is going to win the super bowl. It's the freaking Cleveland Browns from Cleveland. Jeez, they still suck donkey scrotes. And Kirk Cousins is not a rookie Rex Grossman. We'll be fine without RG3 this week. Let him heal up. If there's one thing that yesterday showed us it that is is not the Redskins of years past.

I was just about to say. Don't get me wrong. They have been playing well and I expect a tough game especially with the game being on the road however if you are a serious playoff contender you have to find a way to win that game regardless who is playing QB. With that said, I really hope RG3 gets to play on on Sunday.

So here is the gamble. Don't play him and risk losing the game (but its not an NFC opponent so if we must lose one this is the one to lose) or play him and risk additional injury and not having him against the Beagles, and Girls.

to me this is easy, have him back KC and this will give him an additional week of rest which his knee and rest of his body needs. Remember how fresh he came back after the bye.

Fred Jackson suffered a Grade 2 LCL Sprain and missed 2 weeks. RG III's injury is less severe with a Grade 1 LCL Sprain. I believe his chances of playing are a lot higher but they may still not play him for precautionary reasons. He would definitely be ready to go by the Philly game

So here is the gamble. Don't play him and risk losing the game (but its not an NFC opponent so if we must lose one this is the one to lose) or play him and risk additional injury and not having him against the Beagles, and Girls.

to me this is easy, have him back KC and this will give him an additional week of rest which his knee and rest of his body needs. Remember how fresh he came back after the bye.

This is the best way option. Have him if he's 90+% ready to go, to be listed as probable but give the nod to start to Kirk Cousins. If Kirk is playing well and keeping us ahead then keep Kirk going, if things get bad, then if it REALLY comes down to it, throw in RG3 to do some pocket passing (or some bombs).

This would give ample time for him to heal and only stress it if he REALLY needs him in there cause we would need some wins.

Wow, the way some of you guys are talking you would think Cleveland is going to win the super bowl. It's the freaking Cleveland Browns from Cleveland. Jeez, they still suck donkey scrotes. And Kirk Cousins is not a rookie Rex Grossman. We'll be fine without RG3 this week. Let him heal up. If there's one thing that yesterday showed us it that is is not the Redskins of years past.

Plus we just beat Cleveland in DC this week, so we can probably use the same game plan.

The Cleveland Browns are like the Carolina Panthers of the AFC. They are not as bad as their record indicates. The opponent you sleep on is usually the opponent you lose to. Hopefully the players don't sleep on Cleveland like you do. I hope RG3 plays because I don't really know if we will win without him.

Grade 1 LCL Sprain. Does anyone know of other players that have had this same injury? If so, how long did it take for them to recover?

old man Freddy Jackson had a grade 2 LCL sprain and missed two weeks. RG3 is a decade younger, in the playoff hunt, and has a less severe sprain so take that fwiw

Its very rare to sprain your LCL. Its the ligament along the outside of the knee. My best guess is that he will be able to play on Sunday. By the way... I am having ACL surgery on Wednesday. Great to hear its not the case for RG.

Good luck with your surgery, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad Robert's not gonna be joining you....;)

BTW like your sig..

Fred Jackson suffered a Grade 2 LCL Sprain and missed 2 weeks. RG III's injury is less severe with a Grade 1 LCL Sprain. I believe his chances of playing are a lot higher but they may still not play him for precautionary reasons. He would definitely be ready to go by the Philly game

This. And taking into account that RG3 is 22 years old and Fred Jackson is 31 or so. Much younger, lesser injury, less intensive position, heart of a lion....he's playing folks.

I have all the faith in the world in Kirk Cousins, Honestly I do BUT..................

If you take a look at the Cleveland team, they have a decent pass rush; I seen way to many highlights this year of them making plays albeit lose the game but plays none the less. With out line, we can not afford Kirk to stay in the pocket in this game.. think Bengals game with RG3...So with that said, we need RG3 to be a duel threat. If we put this game away early then by all means, take RG3 out and put in Kirk to finish. RG3 need lots of Hyperbaric chamber time.

quick thread hi jack, is a 70% healthy right leg Robert better than a 100% all body parts healthy Kirk.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

Its very rare to sprain your LCL. Its the ligament along the outside of the knee. My best guess is that he will be able to play on Sunday. By the way... I am having ACL surgery on Wednesday. Great to hear its not the case for RG.

good luck ont he surgery ... what did you do?

Archived