Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks Inactive vs. Ravens

Saeth29

They are saying its not injury related, but coach's decision. Good news if you ask me.

Coaches obviously can be wrong, but simple logic dictates they will know far more about evaluating these matters than typical fans, and hopefully be far more deliberate in their process when it comes to making moves. Take the time to make the best decision, than make it at the best time. I think this is a sign of agreement with those of us who have been thinking Banks should go and that spot be used for another.

So... do we celebrate? Is this not the most sought-after head that's been called for by fans? I think Paul's decent return vs the Gnats was the straw that broke Banks' back.

Of course, we'll see how the return game is today to see if the grass is really greener but Banks might really be gone in the offseason if Shanny's doing this in the midst of a playoff push. Agreed?

I think it's already been stated but I really don't understand the thinking behind not having Aldrick return punts. He did it in college and we were trying him out in preseason last year. I'm sure Crawford is a good return man but with as much as we have at stake every game from here on out, it does not make a whole lot of sense to put so much on a rookie who has hardly even seen the field all year. We all saw how that worked out for the 49ers last year. I would put Aldrick or even Moss/DHall back there before I'd send Crawford deep simply for ball security purposes.

Well I've thought Banks hasn't been cutting it for a while, so I'm glad we get a chance to see what someone else can do.

It's unusual though that we have Niles doing kickoffs though. Has there ever been another TE designated for any runbacks? I'm not sure I've seen so.

Archived