Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

Oh man when he scored against the Giants? and they were down large and he went to the middle of the endzone to do his celebration I was like "oh great your SuperCam.....did you look at the scoreboard?"

After we beat the Giants, several Panther fans called in on local sports talk and said that they noticed when Griffin gets a 1st down, he tosses the ball back to the refs and gets ready for the next play while Cam does his ballerina first down. And when Griffin scores a TD, he goes to one knee to thank god, while Cam does his Superman schtick. Alot of PANTHER fans stated they noticed Griffin's maturity level was 10 times Cams and that they wish Cam could learn something from Griffin on how to act on the field.

I wanted to point out also, Griffin fumbled in Tampa and Garcon recovered. Griffin went to Garcon to congratulate him. When Cam fumbled ( I think against the Cowboys) and it was recovered by Louis Murphy, Cam went to the sidelines and never thanked his WR for making the recovery. But one caller said that when Griffin fumbled and Morgan ran it in, Griffin went to the sidelines. Did anyone notice this? I wasn't paying attention.

ok, how much money do you want to put on that?

Lol I'm not betting money with strangers on the internet about my perceptions of a player's future. If you still remember this conversation when the 2015 season is over and Cam Newton is still the starter and not on his way out, then feel free to bump this thread or message me and tell me how right you were. If I remember this conversation I'll do the same. But I still stand by what I said. I don't think he'll be starting then. It would take a MAJOR mental transformation for him to remain a competent starter in the NFL. His maturity issues and inability to be the leader of a team are painfully obvious at this point.

Lol I'm not betting money with strangers on the internet about my perceptions of a player's future. If you still remember this conversation when the 2015 season is over and Cam Newton is still the starter and not on his way out, then feel free to bump this thread or message me and tell me how right you were. If I remember this conversation I'll do the same. But I still stand by what I said. I don't think he'll be starting then. It would take a MAJOR mental transformation for him to remain a competent starter in the NFL. His maturity issues and inability to be the leader of a team are painfully obvious at this point.

you dont think Cam is a competent starter right now in the NFL?

And we can definitely arrange a holding account online to make sure the money does not go anywhere.

Again, I would love to put money on this but it seems you are afraid to back up statement.

He said remain. That means he thinks he is now, but will not be in 2015. Hence he needs to remain a competent starter.

And we can definitely arrange a holding account online to make sure the money does not go anywhere.

Again, I would love to put money on this but it seems you are afraid to back up statement.

Nothing against you ASF, but making a bet with a complete stranger (save for interactions on ES) for something that couldn't be collected on for three years is completely and utterly moronic. Hell, I wouldn't make that bet with someone I saw every day. In three years we both would have forgotten it.

He said remain. That means he thinks he is now, but will not be in 2015. Hence he needs to remain a competent starter.

fair enough.

Nothing against you ASF, but making a bet with a complete stranger (save for interactions on ES) for something that couldn't be collected on for three years is completely and utterly moronic. Hell, I wouldn't make that bet with someone I saw every day. In three years we both would have forgotten it.

why couldnt it be collected?

I am trying to gauge how serious he is with that statement. Anyone can say anything without thinking it through. I dont know if he did, but if he did, I dont see the issue of putting a wager on the table.

Real easy to see here. Look at the D line when other QB's are playing and then look at the D line when Cam is in (3:43). And it definitely looks like Derrick Johnson is trying to run him over when returning the INT/fumble. Cam just jumps out of the way.

Was it Cam that fired them up or was it the 4th and 15?

why couldnt it be collected?

I am trying to gauge how serious he is with that statement. Anyone can say anything without thinking it through. I dont know if he did, but if he did, I dont see the issue of putting a wager on the table.

It couldn't be collected for three years because that is the duration of the bet. He said that he doesn't think Cam will last another three years (or something like that). The only way it could be collected earlier is if Cam loses his starting job earlier than that.

I once made a bet with a poster in the tailgate that was for 2 years in the futures...I won, he paid.... (It was for Redskins tickets). See thread below. It can be done.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?329032-Credit-is-where-Credit-is-due-Thanks-Thiebear!

That's what paypal is for. $ can EASILY be collected over the internet.

I don't think he'll remain a competent starter in the NFL after three more years, that's my opinion and I don't feel the need to "back up" a statement with a bet. Are you sure you're just a Redskins fan and not a part-time Panthers fan? Because you sound a little overly butthurt at the criticisms of Cam.

Thank you Hitman, that's exactly what I am saying. He's going to hold the job for now because he's still got the future to improve (and because Carolina spent the 1st overall pick on him) but I don't think he'll improve enough to remain a starter by the end of the 2015 season.

So, your Skins "fandom" is somehow challenged if you don't see eye-to-eye w/ your fellow posters about another player? Get real. Love the Skins, but I'm a fan of Cam Newton. He's a hell of a player and his future is VERY bright. He's in an awful situation in Carolina and they need to get him some help along with some coaches that have a clue. He's not absolved from blame because he is having a down year, but some of the criticism is unjust when you're basing your opinion of him off of hearsay or judgement. Go ahead...call me out for my screen name and say that "of course a guy like RA would have Cam's back" or some **** like that. I'm not perfect. Nowhere close...but I like to look at things as objectively as I can. Piling on dude for how he spends his money, how he smiles, or his perceived demeanor for not shaking the hand of WR after TD is insane and some real sucker stuff. Cam is polarizing. I get it. But you'd be crazy to think that some of this criticism isn't OD.

Saw another video, another play (and another pick) and they went at him just as hard. Meanwhile, in all other vids, they stand up and that's about it.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

Saw another video, another play (and another pick) and they went at him just as hard. Meanwhile, in all other vids, they stand up and that's about it.

I'm no Cam apologist, but I think it's a ***** move to talk **** about him and not give your name. Own up to your quote(s) if true.

you know, I see where you are coming from but there are so many factors involved, what if the quoting player has the same agent as Cam, or does not want to burn bridges with the Panthers. What if he does not want to fire up Cam next they play him, or what if they are contracted by the same sponsor. What if they are on a playoff bound team and they do not want to cause a distraction.

And don't give me that, well they shouldn't say anything at all ... if someone is being an *******, it is hard to keep you mouth shut.

I don't think he'll remain a competent starter in the NFL after three more years, that's my opinion and I don't feel the need to "back up" a statement with a bet. Are you sure you're just a Redskins fan and not a part-time Panthers fan? Because you sound a little overly butthurt at the criticisms of Cam.

rule number 2045, when a person is going ad hominem in an attack, you know they are mad.

Throughout this thread, I have been very critical of Cam Newton. I gave my reasons. What I critiqued is the media coverage of him. I havent said one positive thing about Cam Newton in this thread. Find the post and quote it.

And yes, I want you to back it up because I doubt you really believe Cam wont be a competent starter in 3 years time. I believe you are saying that for effect, and maybe out of whatever ill feelings you have towards Cam Newton.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

So, your Skins "fandom" is somehow challenged if you don't see eye-to-eye w/ your fellow posters about another player? Get real. Love the Skins, but I'm a fan of Cam Newton. He's a hell of a player and his future is VERY bright. He's in an awful situation in Carolina and they need to get him some help along with some coaches that have a clue. He's not absolved from blame because he is having a down year, but some of the criticism is unjust when you're basing your opinion of him off of hearsay or judgement. Go ahead...call me out for my screen name and say that "of course a guy like RA would have Cam's back" or some **** like that. I'm not perfect. Nowhere close...but I like to look at things as objectively as I can. Piling on dude for how he spends his money, how he smiles, or his perceived demeanor for not shaking the hand of WR after TD is insane and some real sucker stuff. Cam is polarizing. I get it. But you'd be crazy to think that some of this criticism isn't OD.

thats because dude cant speak intelligently on the actual issue, the article, due to his resentment of Cam.

rule number 2045, when a person is going ad hominem in an attack, you know they are mad.

Throughout this thread, I have been very critical of Cam Newton. I gave my reasons. What I critiqued is the media coverage of him. I havent said one positive thing about Cam Newton in this thread. Find the post and quote it.

And yes, I want you to back it up because I doubt you really believe Cam wont be a competent starter in 3 years time. I believe you are saying that for effect, and maybe out of whatever ill feelings you have towards Cam Newton.

Rule # 2046, when someone is essentially calling your opinion a lie, you know they are mad.

My opinion obviously gets under your skin because you feel the need to make childish bets and claim to question whether I really mean what I say or not and I haven't even said anything that ridiculous, just that I think he won't be a long-term starter in the NFL.

Going back and looking, you have post after post in this thread, either denouncing the article (which portrays Cam Newton in a negative light) or questioning other people's negative posts about Cam, stopping just short of saying something positive about him. It seems that you have an agenda to defend him for whatever reason. If you don't like what I said fine, but stop nagging me about it by bringing up bets. If you disagree, then ask me why I think what I think or give me some factual reasons why you disagree with it instead of resorting to what is essentially "Oh yeah? Well put money on it."

Rule # 2046, when someone is essentially calling your opinion a lie, you know they are mad.

how can someone call an opinion a lie? I didnt call your opinion a lie. I wondered if you would be willing to put up cash on that position which you have, in an ironically childish manner, refused to do.

My opinion obviously gets under your skin because you feel the need to make childish bets and claim to question whether I really mean what I say or not and I haven't even said anything that ridiculous, just that I think he won't be a long-term starter in the NFL.

No, your opinon does not get under my skin.

I also dont believe children bet money on a prediction They usually bet juice boxes or cookies, or some stunt. Never money.

Going back and looking,

good start

you have post after post in this thread, either denouncing the article (which portrays Cam Newton in a negative light)

yes, I did denounce the article. Not because it shows Newton in a negative light though. I have an issue with the journalistic integrity of the article. I have an issue with why the writer cares about Cam spending 1.6 million on a condo? Why wasnt this article published in the offseason?

you have post after post in this thread,or questioning other people's negative posts about Cam, stopping just short of saying something positive about him.

the only post I actually questioned about Cam Newton ( I actually think most of my posts were about Ray Lewis. are you sure you did a post by post check of my words in this thread or did you just say that because it sounds good?) was the one saying we shouldnt be judging Cam based on the 27 games in his NFL career, but instead him stealing the laptop at UF when he was 18. I had an issue with that because Cam is now 23 years old and is an NFL starting QB and heisman trophy winner. I figure it makes more sense to judge him off that then one stupid mistake in his youth. I figure that we all would want to be judged on the person we are now than what we were in our youth.

It seems that you have an agenda to defend him for whatever reason. If you don't like what I said fine, but stop nagging me about it by bringing up bets. If you disagree, then ask me why I think what I think or give me some factual reasons why you disagree with it instead of resorting to what is essentially "Oh yeah? Well put money on it."

You still have not found a post where I actually said a positive word about Cam Newton. Continuously saying that, "you have an agenda to defend him for whatever reason" is not the same as showing proof of my agenda to defend Cam Newton for whatever reason.

You are not doing a good job of this. Good luck tho, I find this entertaining. :)

I "love" listening to the sportstalk on AM610 with Mac in the morning (really a Ravens fan) and the Drive with Taylor Zarzar (really a Raiders fan) and Marc James (really a Dolphins fan). Cam bashing 24/7.

Nah, bro, James is the Raiders fan.

I don't get to listen to Mac and those guys very often. Isn't Mark Yarborough a co-host of his. He's a Redskins fan. I liked listening to those guys back in the day. Now all I get is a little bit of Zarzour and James each day. Those two guys are pretty good. And yeah, I love the Cam bashing on those shows. And it's all well deserved. :)

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:04 AM ----------

Pete Prisco is a hack and a troll. How long has he been sitting on this? Can't tell me Prisco was recently polling guys who went to the PB last year for skinny on Newton. This is a HORRIBLE article and I can't give an ounce of respect to ANYONE who talks **** behind the comfort of an anonymous quote.

Why was this article even warranted? I've heard Cam criticized for having what was perceived as a "disingenuous" smile, not running over to a teammate quickly enough when he scored a TD, what he spends his money on, etc. Dudes are quick in here to throw stones at the man but quickly forget good deeds that he does such as giving a TD ball to the daughter of that Skins fan (thread on it last year) which made her day.

Articles like this, amongst other things, are getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Dude, you're missing the point here. No one is saying what Prisco is doing is good journalism, It's not. However, what he wrote about is all true. There are COUNTLESS stories out there similar to the Pro Bowl thing, dude. I've listed several. Could list several more If the guy (Cam) weren't such a douche, these stories wouldn't be coming out, later or not.

Btw, the thing Cam did with the TDs wasn't his idea, bro. That was mentioned by a co-host there, too. He started doing that around the time he was taking criticism for pouting on the sidelines and wearing the towel over this head (he never stopped doing that, but whatever). Granted, it's a good thing that he does it, but it was someone else's idea. Cam is the biggest fraud around.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:06 AM ----------

Oh man when he scored against the Giants? and they were down large and he went to the middle of the endzone to do his celebration I was like "oh great your SuperCam.....did you look at the scoreboard?"

Yes, they were down 23-0 when the clown pulled that stunt. Of course, right after that is when Steve Smith called his ass out.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:10 AM ----------

how much money do you want to put on that?
If he continues at the rate (9-19) he's going, it's not inconceivable to think he would be holding a clipboard in a few years.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:16 AM ----------

After we beat the Giants, several Panther fans called in on local sports talk and said that they noticed when Griffin gets a 1st down, he tosses the ball back to the refs and gets ready for the next play while Cam does his ballerina first down. And when Griffin scores a TD, he goes to one knee to thank god, while Cam does his Superman schtick. Alot of PANTHER fans stated they noticed Griffin's maturity level was 10 times Cams and that they wish Cam could learn something from Griffin on how to act on the field.

I wanted to point out also, Griffin fumbled in Tampa and Garcon recovered. Griffin went to Garcon to congratulate him. When Cam fumbled ( I think against the Cowboys) and it was recovered by Louis Murphy, Cam went to the sidelines and never thanked his WR for making the recovery. But one caller said that when Griffin fumbled and Morgan ran it in, Griffin went to the sidelines. Did anyone notice this? I wasn't paying attention.

LOL I had forgotten all about that!. Yes, it was the Dallas game. I remember it well. And, yeah, he took a lot of **** for that on the radio, too. It's something new with this guy each week, it seems. Remember his "question box" bit he pulled at that presser? What a douche. That's also the same presser he called the female reporter "sweetheart" LMAO.

As for Griffin: yes, after each of those TDs he did in fact go to Garcon and Morgan and thank them. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Griffin's maturity level is so far superior to Cam's it's not funny.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:27 AM ----------

Dude, the argument that Carolina needs to get Cam more help is laughable. They DID get him help this offseason. They had one of the top offenses in football last year, but they still went out to improve it. They added Mike Tolbert, who the announcers Sunday is having a Pro Bowl caliber year (not sure about this). They added Louis Murphy. They have DeAngelo Williams and Stewart. Greg Olsen at TE. They have the same offensive coordinator they had last year, who guided them to a Top 5 offensive ranking and, who before this season, was thought to be a candidate for a head coaching gig. And a guy that had a lot of success in San Diego.

The truly laughable part is their defense was HORRIBLE last year and everyone was saying if they improved that unit that this team would compete for the playoffs this year. Guess what. The defense is a LOT improved, yet the team this year is WORSE. So, tell me, why is Cam Newton not at least partially to blame for their 3-10 season?

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 03:31 AM ----------

you know, I see where you are coming from but there are so many factors involved, what if the quoting player has the same agent as Cam, or does not want to burn bridges with the Panthers. What if he does not want to fire up Cam next they play him, or what if they are contracted by the same sponsor. What if they are on a playoff bound team and they do not want to cause a distraction.

And don't give me that, well they shouldn't say anything at all ... if someone is being an *******, it is hard to keep you mouth shut.

Stephen A Smith and Skip were discussing this today (or was it two days ago?)...Anyway, they were saying that they doubt any player would come forward (put his name on it), because that's just not something NFL players do. That they are a fraternity and that it might not go over well with players around the league. They mentioned other reasons, but I'm forgetting them now. They were valid points.

And it could be that they have the same agent, or something along those lines, too. Or, like I mentioned last night, it could be his own Carolina teammates. And they wouldn't come forward, for obvious reasons. But both of those guys have called him out in the media before, so it wouldn't be all that shocking.

Nah, bro, James is the Raiders fan.

I don't get to listen to Mac and those guys very often. Isn't Mark Yarborough a co-host of his. He's a Redskins fan. I liked listening to those guys back in the day. Now all I get is a little bit of Zarzour and James each day. Those two guys are pretty good. And yeah, I love the Cam bashing on those shows. And it's all well deserved. :)

I always get those two mixed up as to who is what fan. So Marc is the Raiders fan, but isn't he also a Miami Hurricanes fan? I think that's where I get it mixed up. Taylor is the Dolphins and Bama fan.

Mac has a sidekick named Jim. Not sure what his last name is. He sounds like he's about 60 some years old. A real grumpy old man.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 07:59 AM ----------

LOL I had forgotten all about that!. Yes, it was the Dallas game. I remember it well. And, yeah, he took a lot of **** for that on the radio, too. It's something new with this guy each week, it seems. Remember his "question box" bit he pulled at that presser? What a douche. That's also the same presser he called the female reporter "sweetheart" LMAO.

As for Griffin: yes, after each of those TDs he did in fact go to Garcon and Morgan and thank them. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Griffin's maturity level is so far superior to Cam's it's not funny.

OK. Good. I wouldn't figure that he wouldn't congratulate Morgan. I knew he went to Garcon, but the fan that called in never said what he did after he went to the sideline. I figured that he was celebrating with the coaches and other players. Good that he went to Morgan.

Throughout the year I've been listening to these guys and their fans. They had such "unreal" expectations for this season. Ever since Kalil put that SuperBowl add in the paper, they've had illusions of grandour since OTAs. Instead of saying, we'll build on 6-10 and try to get to 8-8 or 9-7 and a wild card, they've all predicted 12-4 or better. I just kept shaking my head at the predictions of not only the fans, but the radio hosts (Taylor, Marc and Mac). Everytime Griffin has a great game and we win, at least a half dozen fans call in and say they'd take RG3 over Cam in a heartbeat because of his maturity. I just hate that we lost to them. I'd trade the win against the Vikings or Saints just to say we beat this team.

Archived