Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

Secondly, my point was more about the media perceptions. Cam struggles for his first 6 games and in his 2nd year with a bad team and the first person he is compared to is Vince Young, who is out of the NFL.

The comparisons have nothing to do with his play on the field. They have everything to do with attitudes and the way they behave off the field.

Cam told his fans that they should hang their heads in shame. He acts like a petulant child when things don't go his way. He does his dumbass "Superman" thing when he scores down 23-0.

Tebow hasn't done any of that.

From the article posted in the Tebow thread:

When a teammate anonymously called him a "terrible" quarterback, Tebow responded by saying, "It's not always fun having people saying negative things about you, but you try to be stronger from it." Clearly he has anger management issues.

When the Denver Broncos kicked him to the curb after rallying a 1-4 team to the playoffs, replacing him with a future, albeit injured Hall of Famer, Tebow lashed back at his former team by saying, "First and foremost, I just want to thank the Denver Broncos for my time there." And then, "I understand what they were going through. You don't get many opportunities to have a chance to sign Peyton Manning. What a great quarterback he is."

What a bitter man Tebow is.

And when the Jets relegated him to the role of promotional pawn, parking him on the bench until they decided to utilize him in the wildcat formation in the worst of ways, Tebow agreed to play the upback on the Jets' punt team. What a prima donna.

Complete column: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--no-let-up-in-senseless-attacks-of-tim-tebow-000552979.html

That's why Cam is getting the criticism while Tebow "gets a pass". Tebow is a class act, Cam is an immature child.

Because he lied to police after witnessing his friends kill a person...

Just a guess....

I would guarantee you that if you were in that situation and one of your friends did the same you wouldn't immediately tell the police that your friend killed someone. You would say the same thing Ray said, "um, gee, I don't know, it was chaos, I didn't see it happen". However, in the end, Ray had to testify against his friend in court, and it was Ray testimony that sealed his fate and brought justice to the family of the deceased.

I would guarantee you that if you were in that situation and one of your friends did the same you wouldn't immediately tell the police that your friend killed someone. You would say the same thing Ray said, "um, gee, I don't know, it was chaos, I didn't see it happen". However, in the end, Ray had to testify against his friend in court, and it was Ray testimony that sealed his fate and brought justice to the family of the deceased.

that actually didnt happen.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 03:44 PM ----------

Who was the guy in here saying the Panthers don't have any talent around Cam Newton?:ols:

they dont, but im sure you will hype up DeAngelo Williams performance as an indicator that he is apart of this talented but underachieving group, ignoring that was only his 2nd 100 yard game in 3 seasons.

I hope the Panthers fire Rivera too.

that actually didnt happen.

Lewis' attorney arranged for the murder charges against Lewis to be dropped in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting, and a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. He was sentenced to one year of probation and was fined US$250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis#Arrest_for_murder

they dont, but im sure you will hype up DeAngelo Williams performance as an indicator that he is apart of this talented but underachieving group, ignoring that was only his 2nd 100 yard game in 3 seasons.

I hope the Panthers fire Rivera too.

They DO have talent around Cam. I've been trying to explain that to you for weeks now. For some reason it's just not sinking in. The Panthers lost SEVEN games by 6 points or less this year. That was tops in the NFL. You can't possibly lack talent, yet be in every single game you play but two. And they totally blew several of those games against really good teams. They don't lose the first Atlanta game if Cam doesn't fumble at the end. They don't lose the Seattle game if Cam doesn't underthrow a wide open TE in the end zone. They led the Bears in the 4th, and would have won that game had Cam not thrown the pick 6 where Smith fell down. They destroyed the Falcons the 2nd time. Led the Bucs 21-10 with 4 minutes left, only to lose in OT. I could on and on.

Point is, they didn't lose 7 of their 9 games because of any lack of talent around Cam. They lost those games because they didn't execute down the stretch. For whatever reason, they couldn't put teams away. Hell, they nearly let the Saints rally from a big deficit, just this past Sunday.

The way they've played the last two months is the way most experts felt they would, as many had them going to the playoffs. Williams' effort on Sunday just further illustrates they have talent. Tolbert's 3 TDs, as well. By the way, Sunday the announcers calling the Panthers game were saying they couldn't believe Tolbert didn't make the Pro Bowl. That's at least the 2nd time this year I've watched their games, where the announcers said as much. Tried telling you the guy was a really solid player. He most definitely should have made the Pro Bowl over the guy from the Vikings. We both know the only reason that guy made it was because of how well Peterson played down the stretch. But that guy wasn't deserving of the spot over Tolbert, imo.

And the fact that you think Rivera should be fired is comical. That team started 1-6, yet finished 6-3. They never quit on him. What happened was they finally started playing up to their potential. That's a clear sign that he was making progress. And he also has helped turn around their defense. They were a bottom 5 defense last year. They have improved to top 10. That's remarkable progress. And he deserves more time. I can't stand that team (because of their idiot fans), but they appear to have something going there. If they keep turning their #1 picks into guys like Newton and Kuechly, they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think Tolbert deserved a Pro Bowl nod. The Panthers hardly used him this year, expecially the first part of the season when they couldn't run the ball and Stewart and Williams were struggling. Our own Darrel Young would have been more deserving than Tolbert. If the Panthers want to get better, they should make him a bigger part of the offense. The Panthers are WAY over the cap by the way and will have problems bringing in free agents. They'll have to rely on the players they have and a strong draft to be a playoff contender next year.

I don't think Tolbert deserved a Pro Bowl nod. The Panthers hardly used him this year, expecially the first part of the season when they couldn't run the ball and Stewart and Williams were struggling. Our own Darrel Young would have been more deserving than Tolbert. If the Panthers want to get better, they should make him a bigger part of the offense. The Panthers are WAY over the cap by the way and will have problems bringing in free agents. They'll have to rely on the players they have and a strong draft to be a playoff contender next year.
I definitely agree that he should have been used more earlier in the season. For the life of me I can't understand why he wasn't. I was asking that question for most of the year. Then, when they DID start using him more, he produced very well. He had 7 TD. And nearly half of his 54 carries went for first downs (24). He was definitely deserving, despite the limited usage.

Archived