Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

The Packers are giving up 73 yards less a game passing from last year.

The Panthers are giving up 42 yards less a gametotal from last year.

But sure. The Packers defense hasn't gotten a lot better with Hayward in their secondary. :)

Dude, the Panthers were 28th in defense last year. They're 10th now. They added a rookie MLB, drafted 9th overall, that's 2nd in the NFL in tackles. You seriously think those that vote are gonna dig deeper than that? That stat you just listed isn't gonna make a hill of beans to those that will be voting. You're really starting to reach now, bro.

Edit: and show me where I said the Packers defense hasn't gotten better:)

Psst..they don't go by scoring defense when judging defensive rankings. They go by total yards allowed.

The Panthers are a top 10 defense. Kuechly is 2nd in the NFL in tackles. They've improved from 28th to 10th overall.

And I've watched nearly every Panther game this year, man. I guess you forgot I live here? I have many friends and relatives that are Panther fans. It's almost my duty to keep up with them. You don't know how much it sickened me to lose to those bastids on November 4th. However, that loss did get us going. We haven't lost since.

So you're basically saying that you know more than a lot of people that cover the NFL for a living? Gotcha.

nah, what I say is I go by what I see and what the numbers say.

You go by those "experts" on Sports Talk radio and the BSPN talk box.

And you haven't been paying attention to the NFL lately. It doesn't take several years to turn a team around. Look at the Bengals. They were garbage the year before Green and Dalton got there. Now they're competing for the playoffs every year. The Niners stunk before Harbaugh got there. Last year they nearly made the Super Bowl in his first season..with ALEX SMITH.

the Bengals didnt JUST draft AJ Green and Andy Dalton to get better. Good grief! They have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL made up of guys drafted in the last 3 years. Gino Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are two ofthe best in the NFL at getting pressure to the QB. Again, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT!

The expectations for Carolina were warranted. At least the ones saying they would make the playoffs. To go from 6-10 to the playoffs is not a stretch at all. And I never said Louis Murphy and Mike Tolbert were great players, as you're making it seem. They were quality additions to a team that was on the rise. Carolina has never lacked for talent this year. That's just in your head, man. You would actually fit in well around here, with the rest of the Panther fans. You automatically 'assume' that because they've struggled this year, it had to be because they lacked talent. It couldn't possibly be because Cam Newton had struggled in the first half of the season. I've already went over this with you ad nauseum. But you don't get it. You can't possibly lack talent and dominate the best team in the NFC, and should have beaten them the other time. They also have been in all but two games this year. That's not a sign of a lack of talent. They just weren't playing to expectations. And that includes Cam Newton. These past 4-5 weeks is the team that most people expected Carolina to be.

you keep saying these bum sauce Panthers players like they are some difference makers, these guys aint that good bruh. They just not :ols:

There is a reason why their GM got fired, he assembled a terrible roster. That evidence is smacking you right int he face, but you keep choosing to ignore that solely to talk bad about Cam and justify what you are hearing on Charlotte radio.

And you can lack talent and win a game or two in the NFL, it happens all the time. The Chiefs beat the Packers last year, for goodness sake. :ols:

The true statement of how good a team is s solely on their record. THATS IT! THATS HOW ITS ALWAYS BEEN!

And if you really think the Panthers were going to jump two teams that won over 10 games last season, then you are deluded as much as those Panthers fans and their OLinemen who took out that ad saying they were going to the Super Bowl.

And give the radio thing a rest, man. I read about the NFL every day. Watch countless shows on the NFL. I don't form my opinions from listening to a sports talk show. But every now and then their two hosts on the drive time show make really good points about the state of Carolina's franchise. I follow the Panthers closely. You've probably watched one of their games this year, yet you think you know what's going on with them. Get real.

yes you do, plus what you said before about "watching NFL shows" and the like.You dont actually watch games, or if you do, your views are biased off what you heard during the week on these sows. Its frustrating as hell talking to you about this because its clear your views are regurgitated talking points.

And you cant follow the Panthers that closely if you believe they had a team that could make the playoffs based of their signings their offseason. You cant follow them that closely if you took stock in the opinion that Mike Tolbert could be a pro bowler this year. This is what you have said throughout. :ols:

Psst..they don't go by scoring defense when judging defensive rankings. They go by total yards allowed.

:doh:

---------- Post added December-20th-2012 at 10:21 AM ----------

yeah, I saw the first ATL game and the Redkins game, Johnson was BYFAR better in that Redskins game. It always seemed like he was in the backfield. That was performance, and the Bengals performance were the two best DLine games against the Redskins this year, imo.

nah, what I say is I go by what I see and what the numbers say.

You go by those "experts" on Sports Talk radio and the BSPN talk box.

Nope. Wrong again. I don't watch ESPN. Mostly NFL Network. And again, I don't go by what the co-hosts say here all the time. It just so happens they are dead on about the Panthers not lacking in talent. Like I said, you've probably watched the Panthers play one game (Redskins) and 'think' you know all about their team.

Should have known to not debate anything with a guy that defends Cam Newton's diva-like ways. And a guy that thinks it's perfectly ok for Josh Brent to be on the Cowboys' sidelines on Sunday..:doh:

the Bengals didnt JUST draft AJ Green and Andy Dalton to get better. Good grief! They have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL made up of guys drafted in the last 3 years. Gino Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are two ofthe best in the NFL at getting pressure to the QB. Again, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT!

My point was, the Bengals were basically in the same boat as the Panthers when each drafted their QBs recently. The Bengals were 3-13, prior to landing Andy Dalton. The Panthers were 2-14? See the correlation now? Like I said, it doesn't take years to turn a team around now, as you seem to think. That's why many experts were saying the Panthers would be a playoff team. Or at least be in the hunt.

you keep saying these bum sauce Panthers players like they are some difference makers, these guys aint that good bruh. They just not :ols:

The Panthers have talent: You're telling me Greg Olsen, Brandon LaFell, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert, Steve Smith, Cam Newton, Lewis Murphy all can't play? Come on. And on the defensive side of the ball they have Luke Kuechly (probably will win rookie of year), Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy and a few other decent players. A team that "lacks talent" doesn't have a chance to win all but two of their games, man. Nor do they beat the soundly beat the best team in the NFC (should have beaten them both times). They also could have easily beaten the Seahawks, had Newton not missed a wide open TE in the endzone on 4th and 1. They probably beat the Bears if Steve Smith doesn't slip on the pick 6 in the 4th quarter by Jennings. They led Tampa 21-10 with a few minutes left in their 2nd meeting.

They've only not had a chance to win TWO games this year, man (Giants, Broncos).

There is a reason why their GM got fired, he assembled a terrible roster. That evidence is smacking you right int he face, but you keep choosing to ignore that solely to talk bad about Cam and justify what you are hearing on Charlotte radio. I never said their GM did a great job. He didn't. His teams only had a winning record twice in his entire time there. It wasn't so much the roster he assembled, as it was the dumb contracts he handed out. Stewart, Tolbert and Williams are all decent players, but you can't put 35 million or whatever into three running backs. And he also got fleeced by the Patriots by moving up in the draft to take the bum QB from App State and tried turning him into a WR. Hurney's firing was deserved. You'll get no argument there. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the Panthers still have talent. There's speculation that Richardson fired Hurney when he did in order to send a message to everyone in that organization. Because Richardson and Hurney were supposedly really close friends. If that was his intention, it certainly seemed to work. That has been a whole different team since his firing. They're now playing the way many felt they would.

And you can lack talent and win a game or two in the NFL, it happens all the time. The Chiefs beat the Packers last year, for goodness sake. :ols:Apples to oranges, man. Like I said, the Panthers have had an opportunity to win every game but two this year. The example you gave is pointless. Too small of a sample size. Other than the Giants and Broncos games, the Panthers have lost by a TD or less in every other game.

The true statement of how good a team is s solely on their record. THATS IT! THATS HOW ITS ALWAYS BEEN! The Giants were 9-7 last year, bro

And if you really think the Panthers were going to jump two teams that won over 10 games last season, then you are deluded as much as those Panthers fans and their OLinemen who took out that ad saying they were going to the Super Bowl. Who said anything about that? I never said they were gonna make the playoffs this year. I'm just telling you that many 'predicted' them to. You're really reaching now...

yes you do, plus what you said before about "watching NFL shows" and the like.You dont actually watch games, or if you do, your views are biased off what you heard during the week on these sows. Its frustrating as hell talking to you about this because its clear your views are regurgitated talking points.I watch every Redskins game, and I've watched nearly every Panther game. And when I'm not watching those two teams play, I'm watching other teams. I've had Sunday Ticket for many years.

And you cant follow the Panthers that closely if you believe they had a team that could make the playoffs based of their signings their offseason. You cant follow them that closely if you took stock in the opinion that Mike Tolbert could be a pro bowler this year. This is what you have said throughout. :ols:Again, I never said they WERE gonna make the playoffs. Can you show me a post where I said that?

:doh:

---------- Post added December-20th-2012 at 10:21 AM ----------

yeah, I saw the first ATL game and the Redkins game, Johnson was BYFAR better in that Redskins game. It always seemed like he was in the backfield. That was performance, and the Bengals performance were the two best DLine games against the Redskins this year, imo.

So you watched TWO Panther games this year, yet you're trying to argue with someone who watched nearly all their games? :ols:...Makes sense!

When has mature Cam come to play?

Whenever he doesn't make the Sunday Night/Monday morning news, pretty much. This year at least His team is bad so when he plays well, like the past few weeks, you won't hear about him. When he plays awful/does something immature and reckless like this or pout on the sidelines or in the post game presser, you'll hear about him.

It's really sickening too see all of this hate for a non-NFC East QB. Look at the "Tebow quit on team" thread to see how many people are defending him then compare it to this thread. Imagine if that same headline had Newton name in it. I think this hate is deeper than just football and its kinda sad.

Wont excuse him bumping the official, but tommy kelly admitted they were trying to KO Newton after the Panthers knocked Carson Palmer out of the game earlier. Eye for an eye stuff.

I didnt know about the Tommy Kelly line. Its the NFL tho, he has to be able to play through that.

And there is no defense for bumping the official.

It's really sickening too see all of this hate for a non-NFC East QB. Look at the "Tebow quit on team" thread to see how many people are defending him then compare it to this thread. Imagine if that same headline had Newton name in it. I think this hate is deeper than just football and its kinda sad.

you see it. This thread had been relatively dormant sans a few posters, but since people saw the Cam stuff they decided to go ham in this thread.

And its obvious as day the Cam hatred - and that is what this is - is deeper than football. Its very sad, and tells you a lot about some of the people on this forum.

I have to agree. I think both guys have a little growing up to do and they will do it.

I didnt know about the Tommy Kelly line. Its the NFL tho, he has to be able to play through that.

And there is no defense for bumping the official.

you see it. This thread had been relatively dormant sans a few posters, but since people saw the Cam stuff they decided to go ham in this thread.

And its obvious as day the Cam hatred - and that is what this is - is deeper than football. Its very sad, and tells you a lot about some of the people on this forum.

Wait, so are you accusing me of bumping this thread because I hate Cam as a person? Lets be clear here.

+1

Archived