Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

Admit it, you haven't watched a single Panther game, other than the Redskins. The Panthers had the 11-1 Falcons beat at Atlanta this year. You know why they lost that game? Because Cam Newton fumbled the ball on a 3rd and 1 late in the game. Had he held onto the ball, the Panthers could have run the clock out. The Panthers also had the Bears on the ropes. Newton throws a 4th quarter pick six, which leads to a Bears win. Panthers trail Seahawks 14-10 late in game. Have first and goal at Seahawks 1. Don't score. And on the 4th and goal play, Cam throws the ball at the feet (it wasn't even close) of a wide open TE in the endzone. Panthers lead Bucs 21-10 late in game. They lose by 3 in OT. Doesn't seem to me like a team that lacks talent. It appears to me that they are losing mainly because of a lack of execution. Those are all teams fighting for the playoffs, btw.

Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=320930001&period=4

Seattle: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321007029&period=4

Chicago: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321028003&period=4

Tampa Bay: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321118029&period=4

Whoa.

:read:

You guys are comparing one team vs another team. I gave you 4 different games this year in which the Panthers lost games they should have won. In other words, it goes against you guys' theory that the Panthers lack talent. Obviously, if they are capable of beating all those playoff teams, one who is the best team in football, then it can't be that they lack talent around Cam. In fact, in three of those games (Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta), they lost as a result of a Cam turnover/bad throw

This is a very simplistic view of the Panthers.

I look at the Cleveland Browns and see a pretty decent squad and good defense that has a lot of young players and played in nothing but close games this year. Their 4-8 record means they are a bad team, but they are an improving team. You cannot say the same about Carolina.

And they lost the Bears game because Steve Smith fell on a route which lead to an int. They lost to the Falcons in Atlanta because of the same nonsense that cost us the game against the Giants. FFS, they were on the one yard line and somehow complete a 65 yard pass, and yet Cam is the one who criticized the most. Just because they are competitive doesnt mean they have talent.

This is a very simplistic view of the Panthers.

I look at the Cleveland Browns and see a pretty decent squad and good defense that has a lot of young players and played in nothing but close games this year. Their 4-8 record means they are a bad team, but they are an improving team. You cannot say the same about Carolina.

And they lost the Bears game because Steve Smith fell on a route which lead to an int. They lost to the Falcons in Atlanta because of the same nonsense that cost us the game against the Giants. FFS, they were on the one yard line and somehow complete a 65 yard pass, and yet Cam is the one who criticized the most. Just because they are competitive doesnt mean they have talent.

It's a simplistic view, because it goes against your theory that they are only losing because of "lack of talent"? Gotcha.

I'll give you the part about Smith falling on the INT. I'll admit, I had forgotten about that. However, you obviously didn't watch the Falcons game. The play in which Cam fumbled the 3rd and 1 happened before the 65 yard pass you're talking about. Panthers had the ball around midfield and Cam took the snap and had the first down, but ran into one of his own blockers and fumbled. Carolina recovered, but it was behind the first down mark at this point. So they were forced to punt. Again, had they picked up the first down, the game was over. The Carolina punter then pinned them on the 1. And that's when the long Ryan pass happened. But like I said, if Cam doesn't fumble, the game is already over.

I don't believe this story. I doubt Cam would not give an autograph to a kid for no reason. There is more to the story.
So all those players that were upset with Cam at the Pro Bowl, they're just mistaken, right? C'mon.

The sad part about him not giving the autograph to the kid is the fact that the kid was one of the other player's kids. And all the players and their families were staying in a secluded location. It's not like it was just some random kid and parent that were after an autograph.

So all those players that were upset with Cam at the Pro Bowl, they're just mistaken, right? C'mon.

The sad part about him not giving the autograph to the kid is the fact that the kid was one of the other player's kids. And all the players and their families were staying in a secluded location. It's not like it was just some random kid and parent that were after an autograph.

I don't know about the Ray Lewis snub but the kid autograph story just seems ridiculous. A more believable story would be a guy tried to talk to Cam about something --maybe an autograph---and Cam cut the conversation short in a douche manner. The guy,now pissed, inflates the story to the legend we are discussing.

Here's my speculation of the Pro Bowl.. The vets wanted to haze Cam a bit and Cam wanted no parts of it. So they punished him during the game and a few petty guys told this story.

I don't know about the Ray Lewis snub but the kid autograph story just seems ridiculous. A more believable story would be a guy tried to talk to Cam about something --maybe an autograph---and Cam cut the conversation short in a douche manner. The guy,now pissed, inflates the story to the legend we are discussing.

Here's my speculation of the Pro Bowl.. The vets wanted to haze Cam a bit and Cam wanted no parts of it. So they punished him during the game and a few petty guys told this story.

I believe he acted like a diva that weekend. Just look at this year. He's been nothing but a diva. Why is so hard to understand that he showed his ass that weekend? I'm sorry, but the story had to be true, the way the AFC defense was after him. Anyone that watched that game could sense there was something going on when Cam entered...

Why does Ray Lewis annoy people? To a man, he's probably the most respected player in the NFL. I just don't get it.

He's possibly a murderer who snitched on his boys to avoid getting in real trouble. He jumps on top of piles when the play is all but over then celebrates like he did something. If he returns this season, he is likely using some type of PEDs. His pre game speeches and dances are sooo corny. Loves the spotlight. He cant get over his daddy issues. He gets so much hype for being older and supposedly still performing at a high level, while people look over Fletcher who actually does still play at a high level. If he was actually the most respected player in the NFL, he wouldnt have been voted by the players as one of the most overrated players in the league.

He's possibly a murderer who snitched on his boys to avoid getting in real trouble. He jumps on top of piles when the play is all but over then celebrates like he did something. If he returns this season, he is likely using some type of PEDs. His pre game speeches and dances are sooo corny. Loves the spotlight. He cant get over his daddy issues. He gets so much hype for being older and supposedly still performing at a high level, while people look over Fletcher who actually does still play at a high level. If he was actually the most respected player in the NFL, he wouldnt have been voted by the players as one of the most overrated players in the league.

I can understand not liking a player but most of what you said either is completely untrue or can't be verified.

I believe the story 100%. Look at how he handles tough times. "Suggestion box" "Sweetheart". You think he handles success with any sort of humility? I don't. I could easily see him trying to big time other players or blowing off autograph requests from kids. It fits his persona.

I can't imagine RG3 doing that.

Why does Ray Lewis annoy people? To a man, he's probably the most respected player in the NFL. I just don't get it.

Doesn't annoy me. There's FAR MORE, BY FAR more people respect him than anything. ****, I don't like the Ravens at all, but I respect the HELL out of Ray Lewis. You don't disrespect Ray, **** Newton. He's always been a whining ***** since he was in college. He's immature, lacks leadership, and won't get his chance for respect on that team until Steve Smith is off of it.

I believe he acted like a diva that weekend. Just look at this year. He's been nothing but a diva. Why is so hard to understand that he showed his ass that weekend? I'm sorry, but the story had to be true, the way the AFC defense was after him. Anyone that watched that game could sense there was something going on when Cam entered...

Living in NC and having the unfortunate luck of having to watch his ass instead of the Redskins has given me a certain opinion of Cam that's not good at all. The guy is a class A douche. NOTHING about the story in the OP surprises me in the least.

As far as him not being a starter 3 years from now? I could see that happening. Not because he isn't talented, but because he lacks maturity, and he acts like a spoiled rotten brat. I don't know how much (and for how long) those character flaws coaches and other players will be willing to put up with. If he's not a starter in 3 years, I see it as his own fault and due to his own self destructive behavior.

and your perceptions of his career are based on.....

one incident :ols:

I hope you're joking? "One incident," but it was academic misconduct and stealing computers. About as serious as it comes. He is Michael Vick all over again (possibly minus the dog killing)!

I would hate for you to be judged based on how you were at 18.

At age 18, I was very involved in my church youth group. I volunteered to help the elderly and others who were misfortunate. I respected others as I wanted to be treated. I gave of my time whenever possible. I didn't smoke, drink, or cuss. I was a good student. I didn't steal so much as a stick of gum.

I would be proud to "be judged based on how [i was] at 18."

I would hope that Cam becomes a better person. So far, it seems he's pretty much dedicated to being a selfish knucklehead. And it makes me appreciate RG3 even more!

At age 18, I was very involved in my church youth group. I volunteered to help the elderly and others who were misfortunate. I respected others as I wanted to be treated. I gave of my time whenever possible. I didn't smoke, drink, or cuss. I was a good student. I didn't steal so much as a stick of gum.

I would be proud to "be judged based on how [i was] at 18."

I would hope that Cam becomes a better person. So far, it seems he's pretty much dedicated to being a selfish knucklehead. And it makes me appreciate RG3 even more!

so you are a little older now, and like judging people? Doesnt the bible say something about that?

I hope you're joking? "One incident," but it was academic misconduct and stealing computers. About as serious as it comes. He is Michael Vick all over again (possibly minus the dog killing)!
Nah, come on, bro. I'm not a fan of Cam's, but I would never compare him to a dope like Vick. It's one thing to be a egomanical douche, it's quite another to do what Vick did to those dogs.

Edit: Ok, I mis-read your quote there. Disregard.

Edit: Ok, I mis-read your quote there. Disregard.

No prob, bro.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

so you are a little older now, and like judging people? Doesnt the bible say something about that?

Did you READ the last sentence of my post? I said "I would hope that Cam becomes a better person."

And you also judged me. So, there you go.

Did you READ the last sentence of my post? I said "I would hope that Cam becomes a better person."

And you also judged me. So, there you go.

I never judged you, and I say that as a person that is not a Christian. I dont like judging people, especially when I have never met them.

And the problem I have with most of the Cam comments is that its motivated out of nothing but hate.

His numbers this season arent even that bad this season, even compared to last year and the last 4 games Cam has been playing very good.

But its fine, he is turning back into his 18 year old self and will be a back up QB, at best, in 3 years.

A. Ray Lewis has disputed those claims.

B. Cam and Lewis hung out most of the summer at Lewis' summer program.

C. It comes down to a player that is having a hissy fit because Cam wouldn't sign an autograph for him.

All the Hate for the kid, I don't understand. He accepts all the blame for every loss the Panthers have had since he has been drafted. He never passes the buck or throws another player under the bus. Guy spends a lot of his time talking with kids at middle and high school, young athletes that he's trying to get on the right track... donating millions to multiple charities around Charlotte...

but he's hated because of a stupid towel thing and because he does a TD celebration? Rodgers did a TD celebration back before he won the SB, back when his team went 6-10....no one really brought it up, it wasn't that big of a deal. The media only shows him sitting on the bench by himself with a towel over his head. Having been to every home game, and a few away games this season, and last season, I can tell you that what the cameras don't show is the coaches and players talking with Cam ...as they're looking at a chart, trying to figure out which plays will work best for whatever defense they're going up against. The guy is always in competition mode.

He hates to lose....sadly, the team around him hasn't been that good and they lose a lot. Which qb in the NFL doesn't hate losing? After getting curb stomped, Almost every qb sulks in the presser that follows.

He has been in a slump, his slump seems to be fading though. Last 5 games, I believe he has around 15 total TDs, 2 int. Sadly though, those numbers have only been good enough for like 2 wins.

Archived