Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

Why does Ray Lewis annoy people? To a man, he's probably the most respected player in the NFL. I just don't get it.
Yeah, I don't get it either. I guess because this is a Redskins fan and there are a lot of our fans that can't stand the Ravens.

FYI: they just interviewed Prisco on the radio here and the host pressed him what Cam did/say to Lewis to disrespect him. You could tell Prisco knew, but he played it off like he didn't.

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

Living just below Charlotte i am beginning to loathe Cam Newton. His stupid superman touchdown celebration and just his whole demeanor makes me sick. No wonder no one wants to rally around him. Make me appreciate RG3 that much more.
He's a total prick. He's given some of the worst pressers I've ever seen in my entire life. And I agree about the Superman thing. It's stupid. And unoriginal. What's worse is the girly first down signal he does. Guy looks like friggin ballerina.

Also, the guy won't ever come on local sports talk radio here, yet he'll do so in Atlanta at the drop of a hat. This article by Prisco should surprise no one. There's always something with this guy. Another thing he's done recently is after the MNF game with Philly he took over an hour to get dressed and talk the media. Supposedly he does this all the time. It rubs the media people the wrong way.

He's a total prick. He's given some of the worst pressers I've ever seen in my entire life. And I agree about the Superman thing. It's stupid. And unoriginal. What's worse is the girly first down signal he does. Guy looks like friggin ballerina.

I've watched one drive of Newton's play this year during the MNF game and there was only one thing I noticed. The guy had two first downs and one touchdown, all of which were from him running. He celebrated after EVERY play. I sat there almost in awe of his antics.

I've watched one drive of Newton's play this year during the MNF game and there was only one thing I noticed. The guy had two first downs and one touchdown, all of which were from him running. He celebrated after EVERY play. I sat there almost in awe of his antics.
He was even doing that stupid **** last weekend in Kansas City. You would think that, given the circumstances, that he'd give it a rest for that game. Nope. Actually, Steve Smith was a bigger punk that day. Dude did the friggin tootsie roll towards the Chiefs fans after scoring a TD. And he was also jawing with one of their DBs after almost ever play. It was only fitting that they lost to Brady Quinn and the 1-win Chiefs.

Looks like a half hearted Michael Jackson impersonation. It's funny when he does it and they're down by like 3 td's.
Oh, it's happened before. Hell, he did the idiotic Superman thing down 23-0 to the Giants..:doh:

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

I'm no Cam apologist, but I think it's a ***** move to talk **** about him and not give your name. Own up to your quote(s) if true.
Nate.

This is the same moron that got kicked out of UF for stealing laptop computers. He has had ONE good year in college and ONE good year in the pros. All perceptions of his "career" are based upon less than 30 games.
Yup.

Unfortunately, it appears he might be returning to form. He's played really well the last two games. Granted, it's been against Philly and KC. I'm interested to see how he plays this week at home vs Atlanta.

clearly not what I said.

All I know is that the people who matter, the families, have forgiven him. Because of that, I forgive Ray Lewis. Maybe you should too.

Actually the guy that matters is dead so he can't really forgive now can he? Murder is not a mistake that you forgive. If this guy wasn't really good at football he would be considered the scum of the Earth.

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

I thought that Ray was the one who did it.

His posse took the heat for him but he had the receipt for the knife. You do the math.

And some wonder why journalism is dying. Everything about this article from the story, the sources, the timing, even the chart is pure garbage.

Cam? Is that you? :ols:

Seriously dude, If you have some info that proves the story is garbage why don't you share. Because nothing in the story goes against what I have seen from him. A giant ego and extreme immaturity. Multiple sources were sited and the story fits what everyone saw in the game.

Cam may yet get his act together. I get the feeling that he can if he wants to. Maybe this is the kind of story that needs to come out for him to look in the mirror.

Whoever said this about Cam needs to man up. Sure, Cam is immature and lacks good leadership qualities, but for a player to be a ***** and talk smack behind someone's back without revealing himself is stupid.

The funniest thing about Cam celebrating after a first down is that he should be listening to the coach call in the next play. Instead, he's too worried about celebrating himself. All his antics are cute when he is winning, but when the winning stops, he just looks like a clown. I'm not surprised his act has already worn thin.

I'm no Cam apologist, but I think it's a ***** move to talk **** about him and not give your name. Own up to your quote(s) if true.

Completely agree. I don't like Cam's stupid celebrations or attitude either, but your post is spot-on.

For those somehow defending Cam and thinking these stories (Pro Bowl) aren't true, then you obviously didn't watch the Pro Bowl last year. I could instantly tell that something was up. Like Sinister said, the level of play definitely intensified when he entered the game (on the defensive side). I just passed it off that they didn't want some rookie showing them up or something. The announcers even mentioned several times how the defensiver players were sorta treating him rougher than they normally do QBs in this game. It was funny as hell. And now this story is coming out...it all makes sense now.

Btw, Prisco had started working on this story (his words today) soon after the Pro Bowl. Why it's just coming out, I have no idea. He must have some motive for it though. Anyway, the co-host of the sports radio I was listening to earlier asked him this very thing and he sort of gave some vague response. I love it!

Completely agree. I don't like Cam's stupid celebrations or attitude either, but your post is spot-on.
You really think any of the players that witnessed Cam's divaness are scared to put their name on it? If you don't know, it wasn't just AFC guys that were calling him out. It was his own NFC teammates that weekend!

Yup.

Unfortunately, it appears he might be returning to form. He's played really well the last two games. Granted, it's been against Philly and KC. I'm interested to see how he plays this week at home vs Atlanta.

when has Cam committed a crime since he was at UF?

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 11:13 PM ----------

Actually the guy that matters is dead so he can't really forgive now can he? Murder is not a mistake that you forgive. If this guy wasn't really good at football he would be considered the scum of the Earth.

true, the thing is Ray Lewis didnt murder them.

and your perceptions of his career are based on.....

one incident :ols:

Dude, seriously, you're picking the wrong guy to defend. I live here. I could tell you stories all day about this nitwit.

Let me add another: the sports talk radio hosts are forever trying to get him to come on, or at least call in to their show. He never does. Never has to my reccollection, in his two years there. His DADDY does his talking for him. I'm not making this up. They have his dad call in about once a week and his dad is speaking for Cam. Unbelievable. And like I said, Cam has been known to go on the sports talk radio in Atlanta on several occassions. Dickish, right?

And some wonder why journalism is dying. Everything about this article from the story, the sources, the timing, even the chart is pure garbage.

no one wants to talk about this. Remember the stories about RG3 around draft time attributed to "unnamed scouts" and the reactions people had on here about those people. People forget very fast tho. :ols:

You really think any of the players that witnessed Cam's divaness are scared to put their name on it? If you don't know, it wasn't just AFC guys that were calling him out. It was his own NFC teammates that weekend!

Maybe they're not? But why do they hide behind the "unnamed source" tag?

when has Cam committed a crime since he was at UF?
I was talking well about Cam there, man. I was saying his last two games he's played pretty well.

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 11:21 PM ----------

Maybe they're not? But why do they hide behind the "unnamed source" tag?
Maybe his own teammate was one of the sources? I think Steve Smith and Jordan Gross were in that game last year.

And this story just came out. I wouldn't be surprised if some of Prisco's sources speak up.

Archived