Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Victor Cruz "Skins are not yet contenders"

clskinsfan

Coming from Cruz, this is even worse, and here is why. This statement comes out of the mouth of the single person on that team who so far has benefited the most from his owner Mara ****ing us over. He got to play hero for a day in New York thanks to a blown coverage that probably doesn't happen with a better safety playing. A safety we may have had if we didn't have our free agency game plan ****ed at the last second by that douche bag prick of an owner.

Coming from Cruz, this is even worse, and here is why. This statement comes out of the mouth of the single person on that team who so far has benefited the most from his owner Mara ****ing us over. He got to play hero for a day in New York thanks to a blown coverage that probably doesn't happen with a better safety playing. A safety we may have had if we didn't have our free agency game plan ****ed at the last second by that douche bag prick of an owner.

What better safety was available though? We could've signed Tom Zbikowski for about the same price as Meriweather and we also could've picked up Tracy Porter regardless of the cap penalty. The Redskins made some mistakes in the off-season, fortunately we've had an offense that has been able to bail out that porous defense.

I posted something in the comments section of the article about Mara arbitrarily enforcing illegal collusion (not nearly as strongly worded as what I post here. I do behave in public.:) ) and it disappeared from the site a few minutes later.

Sad.

What better safety was available though? We could've signed Tom Zbikowski for about the same price as Meriweather and we also could've picked up Tracy Porter regardless of the cap penalty. The Redskins made some mistakes in the off-season, fortunately we've had an offense that has been able to bail out that porous defense.

This is a legitimate question, and I have also argued this in other threads. Who else could we have signed, honestly I don't know. I just know it would have been nice to have more options. At the end of the day the players you have need to make plays, and on that play they didn't. I just know this thing with Mara just boggles the mind, and even if it did not change the bottom line with safety, it definately crippled us overall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000102173/article/victor-cruz-of-giants-says-redskins-not-yet-contenders

So Victor Cruz decided to put out some bulletin board stuff before the big game Monday night. If something like this came out while Gibbs was coach the other team would regret that comment by gmaes end. I hope we can shut this salsa dancing moron up. **** the Gnats. Just **** em!

"They're still a couple pieces away from actually being a contender, them being in legitimate talks for playoffs and things like that," Cruz said

This is quoted just like the media likes to do things. Create something that isn't there. Try pulling more than a single line next time. Read his entire quote and you'll realize that A) He wasn't trash talking at all and B) His statement is so all over the place that nobody should take him seriously anyways, as he contradicts himself later by saying the Redskins SHOULD be in the conversation as a contender.

Waste of a thread.

How cute. People agreeing with Cruz disgust me. We are playing them in a crucial game people! Bunch of Kumbaya singing mother ****ers. **** that team, their owner and fans.

What he said is technically true. Anyone not wearing homer glasses knows this. I'm not saying we can't make a deep playoff run this year, but we still need a few more pieces before we become perennial Super Bowl contenders on a consistent basis.

But with that said, it's still not his place, and he's an ass, and I hate his stupid dance.

I posted something in the comments section of the article about Mara arbitrarily enforcing illegal collusion (not nearly as strongly worded as what I post here. I do behave in public.:) ) and it disappeared from the site a few minutes later.

Sad.

The league and non Redskins/Dallas fans want it to go away and for people to forget about it for obvious reasons. I'm going to beat this drum until the cows come home. I suggest everyone else here keep doing the same, just to be a nuisance if nothing else. Make them delete it again. :) Even if a couple of people see it at least you are spreading the word.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 11:29 AM ----------

What he said is technically true. Anyone not wearing homer glasses knows this. I'm not saying we can't make a deep playoff run this year, but we still need a few more pieces before we become perennial Super Bowl contenders on a consistent basis.

This is not the point.

But with that said, it's still not his place, and he's an ass, and I hate his stupid dance.

THIS is the point.

Every player does it. When you do this your whole life, sometimes, you need the extra motivation. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I guess...but its not like other sports where you play a ton of games. Heck, this is playoff time for Washington now...every game is a playoff game.. thats not motivating enough? Plus Cruz didnt call out someones mama here. In fact he didnt call anyone out.

Your Giants are kings of playing the "No one believes in us" angle for motivation. How is that any different?

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 10:55 AM ----------

Don't forget about this worthless sack of ****:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/629/254/109915527_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

He has a certain Emperor Palpatine-ish look to him.

Zactly! It's like another parent telling you your kid is slow. I guess some of you would say "oh yeah that's true thanks....".

too funny ...

You are right ... when I saw the headline I was pissed, and thought BB material. When I read the article I thought, okay, i'm not that pissed. This is still BB material.

Especially coming fromt his guy ... what the hell does he know? Sure he's been on a SB winning team, but that team finished 9-7. It is not like VC has a bunch of experience to make this call. I like the kid, I just hope someone in our secondary knocks him out.

In context of what Cruz stated, I rightfully can't find fault in what he said. Cruz is only echoing what many of us has stated numerous times throughout this season. Is the timing wrong? Perhaps. It certainly could be viewed as bulletin board material. But at the very least, I cannot label this trash talking as compared to comments made by JPP and Osi earlier in the season. It's not even close.

Though I hate the Vagiants with the same disgust I feel for any of our division rivals, I still feel they don't hold a candle to the Girls. The newfound hatred towards the Giants by many here is understandable given the underhanded dealings of their assclown owner. But it seems to me that the ire should be directed at Mara, and not necessarily the team itself. With that said, I still say **** the Giants and hope we beat them into the turf on Monday night. :D

Could the comments made by Cruz be construed as a sign of disrespect? I really don't think so. In fact, one could actually see this as a sign of respect. In other words, it could easily be viewed as Cruz saying "Hey, you know, the Redskins still need a couple of pieces to be a true contender. But when they get them, you had better watch out cause they going to take the league by storm." (disclaimer: I did not say for certain he spoke these words or that they were intended to show that's what he meant. :silly: Just a hypothetical :ols:) For all we know, this is a possibility of what he was saying. Did Cruz's comments come off confident/brash/****y? One could make an argument that it could be any one of those or a combination, but I'm not sure there was any malicious intent there.

I'll defer to the team to decide whether Cruz's comments our BB worthy. Regardless, I didn't see it within the same scope as I did the JPP/Osi disparaging remarks towards RG3. Admittedly, Cruz's statement is a helluva lot more tame than those were. Let's just hope that our team doesn't get caught up in that **** (and have to say that RG3 handles those types of things with maturity and grace) and lights the Giant's ass up! :point2sky

Also, to those saying we signed 3 safeties and a CB, do you really seriously think those were our first choices prior to the imposed cap penalties by that moron Mara? That seems to me to be a weak argument. I'm more than apt to say that the Skins had players they had targeted for those positions and I'm willing to bet Williams and C. Griffin were not even close to the top of that wish list (and to be honest, I doubt Jackson or Meriweather was either). Make no mistake, the actions of Mara directly influenced the players we signed in the secondary and were not the original plan we had pre-cap penalty. :helmet:

Archived