Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Victor Cruz "Skins are not yet contenders"

clskinsfan

Is it me or doe the Giants talk more **** than anyone else in the NFL?

No. Its is definitely Brokeback Fans....Check out the comments in the linked article. The Brokeback fans are convinced they should be 8-3 right now but injuries have ruined their season. They just cant comprehend that we played prevent defense for an entire half last week.

No Salsa. Pierre is not hispanic. He's french from Haiti. I think a good Can-Can would be more fitting.

Haitian, that's right. What a ****hole half an island that is. It's criminal how terrible that place is. I know a couple Haitian guys, nice as can be. teaching me a little french.

Classic double talk. Oh, they're a couple pieces away from being playoff contenders, but ya know, they're alright, I mean, man, they can really hold the ball a long time...

I don't care about how he meant to say it. That's exactly what he said. Either they're playoff contenders or they're not. Either throw out a ho hum, typical weekly generic compliment, or shut the **** up. Don't try to subtlely (or unintentionally) throw in a backhand compliment, by saying we aren't playoff contenders, but a few lines later say we are in the conversation. Again, it wasn't taken out of context. He said it, exactly like that. Yeah, sure, maybe he didn't mean to say it that way, in fact, I'm about 70 % sure that he didn't mean it to come across that way (to the media at least), but I really don't give a ****.

Victor Cruz and his opinion don't determine whether or not we make the playoffs, we do. If we beat that ass on Monday Night, we are playoff contenders, no matter what anybody says. And like KG said, because of whats riding on this game, I'm not in my usual mood to try and pick apart what he said, in terms of intent, or defend him. I'm too hyped to do it. **** him. The better team will win on Monday night.

Classic double talk. Oh, they're a couple pieces away from being playoff contenders, but ya know, they're alright, I mean, man, they can really hold the ball a long time...

I don't care about how he meant to say it. That's exactly what he said. Either they're playoff contenders or they're not. Either throw out a ho hum, typical weekly generic compliment, or shut the **** up. Don't try to subtlely (or unintentionally) throw in a backhand compliment, by saying we aren't playoff contenders, but a few lines later say we are in the conversation. Again, it wasn't taken out of context. He said it, exactly like that. Yeah, sure, maybe he didn't mean to say it that way, in fact, I'm about 70 % sure that he didn't mean it to come across that way (to the media at least), but I really don't give a ****.

Victor Cruz and his opinion don't determine whether or not we make the playoffs, we do. If we beat that ass on Monday Night, we are playoff contenders, no matter what anybody says. And like KG said, because of whats riding on this game, I'm not in my usual mood to try and pick apart what he said, in terms of intent, or defend him. I'm too hyped to do it. **** him. The better team will win on Monday night.

I've gotta agree here. Usually the idiot talk doesn't bother me but I haven't been this amped for a Skins game in a LONG time. I'd love to see London blow him up like he did Miles Austin.

Haha cool.

I like it when the Giants **** talk.

Yep, historically it's worked out for us. Usually it's their DBs that get them into trouble:

Last year Antrel Rolle followed our opening day beat-down by saying that the Giants would win that game 95 times out of 100. We followed that up by beating them even worse the second time we played them.

I remember another time back in the 1999 season when we beat the Giants relatively late in the year (completing the sweep) and Sehorn said something to the effect of "It's the Redskins. They'll lose again this year and give us a chance to catch up." We won the division and they missed the playoffs at 7-9.

Run your mouth, New York.

Yep, historically it's worked out for us. Usually it's their DBs that get them into trouble:

Last year Antrel Rolle followed our opening day beat-down by saying that the Giants would win that game 95 times out of 100. We followed that up by beating them even worse the second time we played them.

I remember another time back in the 1999 season when we beat the Giants relatively late in the year (completing the sweep) and Sehorn said something to the effect of "It's the Redskins. They'll lose again this year and give us a chance to catch up." We won the division and they missed the playoffs at 7-9.

Run your mouth, New York.

Wow you guys are looking for every angle ...dont blame ya I guess., you guys are FIRED UP...its a good thing. Gonna be a great game.

Rich Tandler gets it.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/cruz-redskins-not-legitimate-contenders

The Redskins, as anyone who watches them can see, are not a team without flaws. They do have some major holes. But Cruz really has no business judging whether or not the Redskins are a complete team. They beat his team twice last year and were within a minute and change of beating them again this year. If they are “a few pieces away” then one might conclude that the Giants are missing a few vital parts as well.

In fact, they are. New York won the Super Bowl last year with a sub-mediocre offensive line and with linebackers and defensive backs who wouldn’t be starters for many other NFL teams. They ranked 27th in yards allowed, 25th in points allowed, and were the only Super Bowl champs ever to be outscored during the regular season. Nobody is saying that they are not “legitimate” champions.

Those flaws disappeared in the playoffs..sorry, nobody is beating elite teams with a crappy offensive line and a secondary of swiss cheese. Both those areas stepped up in the playoffs. I do admit in this NFL, any team with a good qb could get hot.

Wow you guys are looking for every angle ....

Do us all a favor and cut the bull****. No one is dumb enough to fall for that. We aren't looking for anything. It was given right to us. You have been wining in various threads about how your team has been received, on a rival board, who's team got screwed over by your owner, right before a big game (for us at least). You should not be surprised at the reactions. If the script was flipped, I'd be astonished if the same wasn't true on any random Giants board. And you're damn right we're fired up, and I'm sure it will be a great game, hopefully foir us. :cheers:

Those flaws disappeared in the playoffs..sorry, nobody is beating elite teams with a crappy offensive line and a secondary of swiss cheese. Both those areas stepped up in the playoffs. I do admit in this NFL, any team with a good qb could get hot.

And Kwantrell Bishop in their face...

Do us all a favor and cut the bull****. No one is dumb enough to fall for that. We aren't looking for anything. It was given right to us. You have been wining in various threads about how your team has been received, on a rival board, who's team got screwed over by your owner, right before a big game (for us at least). You should not be surprised at the reactions. If the script was flipped, I'd be astonished if the same wasn't true on any random Giants board. And you're damn right we're fired up, and I'm sure it will be a great game, hopefully foir us. :cheers:

! What was given to you? Cruz spoke the truth. Hre ran right past one of those flaws at the end of the game a month ago. Thats not trash talk. I would be agreeing with your wide receiver 100 percent if you guys were the SB champs and we were a 5-6 team. 5-6 teams have flaws ...what is the problem with that?

! What was given to you?

Roasted marshmallows...

Cruz spoke the truth.

Um, no he didn't. As far as his opinion is concerned, he could be right or wrong. Defensively, though we've played a little better these last couple games, it's still been pretty bad when you take the entire season into the equation. As for facts, or truths, the truth is that going by his exact quote (mainly the playoff contender portion) that is all very much in question at this point. Nothing is concrete.

So for him to open his mouth with conviction and say that we are a couple pieces away from contending for a playoff spot (not a Super Bowl, which I would have vehemently agreed with, but a playoff spot) is bull****. Spin it however you want to, but bull**** it remains

Wow. We have flaws. I'm glad you were able to point that out to us, even though we've watched every game this season, and preseason, when even then, it was evident that we'd struggle in some areas. Since when does being a flawed team have anything to do with being worthy of contending for a playoff spot? Aren't all playoff teams flawed in one area or another? Or are they perfect?

Yeah, i'm convinced now that the skins have officially put this ont he bulletin board ... especially after reading this.

Rich was pissed when he wrote that! love it ... i swear, I think this is going to be brought up again if the Skins triumph.

Roasted marshmallows...

Um, no he didn't. As far as his opinion is concerned, he could be right or wrong. Defensively, though we've played a little better these last couple games, it's still been pretty bad when you take the entire season into the equation. As for facts, or truths, the truth is that going by his exact quote (mainly the playoff contender portion) that is all very much in question at this point. Nothing is concrete.

So for him to open his mouth with conviction and say that we are a couple pieces away from contending for a playoff spot (not a Super Bowl, which I would have vehemently agreed with, but a playoff spot) is bull****. Spin it however you want to, but bull**** it remains

Wow. We have flaws. I'm glad you were able to point that out to us, even though we've watched every game this season, and preseason, when even then, it was evident that we'd struggle in some areas. Since when does being a flawed team have anything to do with being worthy of contending for a playoff spot? Aren't all playoff teams flawed in one area or another? Or are they perfect?

Right on the flaws part. I agree. A flawed team can definitely make the playoffs. Giants sure have flaws right now.

But he spun that right out. He said you guys are in the playoff mix...didnt he? i'm sure he did. I saw it as a compliment. He was trying to say this team is getting there quickly but they are not there yet. I don't get the big deal. I don't know why any of these guys talk to the media at all..everything they say is spun , twisted and turned to make it look as bad as possible. The guys who keep their mouths shut are the smartest.

Wow you guys are looking for every angle ...dont blame ya I guess., you guys are FIRED UP...its a good thing. Gonna be a great game.

Well, I'm not playing so I don't need the angle personally. I want to win the same now as I did 5 minutes before I read Cruz's quote. I don't even find it incorrect or offensive. However, it's arrogant. I'll tell you why. Players don't generally give their honest opinions of their teammates or opponents. So, for Cruz to feel comfortable enough doing so, it tells me that he doesn't fear the Redskins. That's fine and he shouldn't, but I think it can serve as a nice motivator.

Joe Gibbs would be interviewed before games against horrible teams all the time. You'd come away from listening to those interviews petrified that the 1991 Redskins were going to lose to the Cardinals. Then, at 4:15 on Sunday as Rypien was taking a knee during a 41-7 win, you realized that he was just talking up the opponents. I'm just used to hearing those types of comments so these stick out.

But he spun that right out. He said you guys are in the playoff mix...didnt he?

Wild Card

5 Green Bay North 7-4-0

6 Seattle West 6-5-0

Still Alive

7 Tampa Bay South 6-5-0

8 Minnesota North 6-5-0

9 Washington East 5-6-0

I'd say that is the text book definition of "in the mix" like Kwantrell Bishop is in their faces.

When I get a chance I'll look for the article but read today in the NY Daily News that D. Hall reiterated basically that the Giants got lucky to win the last game because they blew the coverage on V. Cruz and the paper said Coughlin has used less as motivational fodder to get his team fired up. Id say at the least the Giants would likely have fun targeting D Hall in this game since he seems to be talkative about what went down in the last game.

Just wondering if D. Hall basically implying the Giants got lucky last time -- gets those guys going. It was similar for the Jints before the 49ers game this year, with the 49ers talking about how they should have won the playoff game the previous season.

I don't think this stuff is a big deal but the Giants seem to be more so than the typical team driven by media talk -- or at the very least act like its motivation.

Archived