Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amazing ESPN Piece today on Sean Taylor (new video)

H-O-G

Is it just me or do you guys constantly run into non-'Skins fans who think we all overrate his ability? It's not that people think he wasn't good, but at the time of this tragedy he was really only barely scratching the surface of his prime years. He only barely started getting the kind of attention other safeties of his era like Reed and Troy get.

I always saw Sean as having a combination of the best parts of Reed & Troy. He could lay the biggest hits, yet cover the entire deep zone of the field. Who can forget that day against Green Bay where he had 3 INTs on Favre, but had his hands on a few more that were very near INTs as well.

I know in the big picture this is much bigger than football, but because this happened so early in his career I think it sucks that most non-'Skins fans won't ever realize how special a player he was going to end up being had this tragedy not happened.

Sean is, by far, my favorite Redskin to play the game over the last 20 years. I loved that he didn't try to bring attention to himself in the press, played every game with reckless abandon and was just an all around bad ass. I still miss seeing him play on the field and doubt I'll ever really get over his death. RIP Sean.

Sean was my football hero. He was an authentic football genius. Like RGIII. The most gifted and passionate player I've ever gotten to see play for my team. Still hurts to think about him and I still miss him.

I like watching these from time to time even though I get broken up. But it reaffirms my love for the game. It's like watching Marcus Dupree.

He was shot by cowards behind a gun. But man even though hes gone, i will always be glad that i saw him for those four years. My god he shrunk the field for our defense, he was everywhere and in on every tackle. A man with that SPEED, SIZE, and INSTINCT has not been seen since, and i doubt we will ever see again.

Archived