Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amazing ESPN Piece today on Sean Taylor (new video)

H-O-G

Sean played the game pure. Just so much wildness and ferocity and passion. I've never seen a player with more heart. If you've ever seen a peewee or high school game where there is just some big talented kid out there on a different level just hitting everyone so hard and reveling in the pure joy of the game, that's the closest you'll come to Sean. He seemed invincible. We always had the baddest man on the field with him. I wonder if football will ever see a player like him again.

Man, I'm really going to miss Santana Moss.

He's an all-time great Skin. He's going to have a send off like Portis did. He'll be a fixture in Redskins history moving forward

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 02:27 AM ----------

You can tell Dan Snyder was very fond of Sean.

He's very fond of his big players. Reports are he had thanksgiving dinner in Texas with RG III and his family

It really is shocking how much emotion this still generates. Sean was here just four years, wasn't a media guy, was distant and frustrated that season (we had let Ryan Clark go that summer... a guy who was a big part of his development), yet all of us Skins fans felt such emptiness from his loss.

For me, I think looking at the impact it had on his teammates (esp. Portis and Moss) told me a lot about the Sean we rarely got to see. We saw the energy and ability on the field, but those guys who really knew him saw things off the game day field that left a hole in their hearts.

As for fans from other cities thinking we overrate ST, we were a bad football team that lost every primetime game we played... I don't think they ever got to see how great he was from game to game, week to week...

My mom (nurse) had to explain the artery/blood loss thing to me like 5 times, and it's not like I don't understand that stuff. (She's a realist, said nothing can be done now, just get those ****ers. She almost never curses.) I just couldn't believe he was gone, that quickly.

We know you're here in spirit, Sean. You'd be kicking every ass there is to get RGIII back on the field.

Hail!

Great video and great job by ESPN....still very sad till this day and i think a lot of us feel the same way as Tana does. Ive never been impacted by someone death that i have never even met before. It's very had to describe to people or explain why i/we feel the way we do. Sucks that he's gone and cant believe its been 5 years.....miss u ST.

On a side not from the video...first time i have seen a recent vid of Tana...he looks really really good....and he's playing that way right now also....HAIL

Still tearing up. To say he is missed is a ridiculous understatement. I don't want to hijack the thread, and I know I've seen countless arguments back & forth on here, but IMO there will NEVER be a time in my mind that it would be OK to see another 21 in the B&G. This one is too unique and cuts too deep, #21 should be the second jersey retired simply on principle alone.

Sean Taylor was my favorite Redskin of all time. RG3 may be there one day, but the way Sean was coming into his own as a man... it was like we were all there as family watching it. I was genuinely proud. And in the middle of that -- in the MIDDLE of that -- he's gone. Just like that. Just gone. I still cry about it sometimes, not gonna lie.

Santana Moss is my 8 year-old son's favorite Redskin. Has been for about 3 years. My son has a #10 jersey, but the poster on his wall is #89. Honestly: I love that guy, too. I sincerely hope the 'Skins keep him here as long as he wants to play, because Moss LOVES playing for the Redskins. I couldn't stand seeing him in another uniform. I hope the Redskins understand the value he has to the fans.

Is it just me or do you guys constantly run into non-'Skins fans who think we all overrate his ability? It's not that people think he wasn't good, but at the time of this tragedy he was really only barely scratching the surface of his prime years. He only barely started getting the kind of attention other safeties of his era like Reed and Troy get.

I always saw Sean as having a combination of the best parts of Reed & Troy. He could lay the biggest hits, yet cover the entire deep zone of the field. Who can forget that day against Green Bay where he had 3 INTs on Favre, but had his hands on a few more that were very near INTs as well.

I know in the big picture this is much bigger than football, but because this happened so early in his career I think it sucks that most non-'Skins fans won't ever realize how special a player he was going to end up being had this tragedy not happened.

The year Sean died was his third year in the NFL I believe. In this year, he led the league in interceptions and he had only played 1/4 of the games. Even after his death, he still led the league in interceptions up until week 15 of the NFL when finally, someone took over his top spot. Thats crazy. The kicker is, he was also 2nd on the team in tackles before he got injured and obviously was the most feared man in the NFC. I live in Steelers country, and they love Polamalu and are always talking about how great he is. BUT, the one thing that almost every real STeeler/football fan around here will tell me once they find out Im a Redskins fan is this: "Man, Sean Taylor would have been in the Hall of Fame, its so sad what happened to him." So I know that they recognized how great he was. At 24 years old, he could have been the greatest ever to play the position had he survived.

The fact that if Sean was still here on earth with us, there would be NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that he would be in the conversation of the best safeties in the NFL. Period. I was driving to work that morning when his passing came across the radio. I started banging my hand against the steering wheel and was cussing like a sailor. Then I suddenly stopped all of that, calmed myself down and said "Thy Will be done". I then let it go and accepted what happened. Continued prayers going out to Sean's family and especially to his daughter Jackie.

Archived