Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: The bigger the stage, the better Robert Griffin III gets

themurf

Robert is a Jack of all trades, a do it all guy, I'm just wondering if there is anything he can't do. He's only 22 years old and already a locker room leader.

These RG3 chants in the pokes' house were priceless.

You ever heard the expression "Jack of all trades, but King of none.."

I would go as far as to say he's the King of all trades. Best running QB. Most accurate QB. Strongest armed QB. Most clutch QB. Most poised QB.

All I keep thinking about is that last minute pass to Cruz in the Giants game.

If our DB knocks that pass down, then there is a much brighter perspective on the rest of the season.

There are a # of plays which could have us sitting at a better record then we presently have. It's just the way the league works when parity is the mainstay. I mean, what if RG3 doesn't get knocked out of the Atl game? We were still in it against the Rams until our WR mentally imploded. The only game we really were definitely out of it was the Pitts game which I don't even want to revisit. I'm as thrilled as anyone that we are still in contention when just a couple weeks back I would never think we'd be here. It's a game of inches.

and P.S. thanks a million for the clip DC9!

Hell if RGIII hadn't gone down against ATL I think we would have won that game, and Forbath would have at least had a chance to make that long kick against the Rams, especially if Morgan didn't have a tantrum at the end.

Please note that at the time of the Rams game, our kicker was the much shakier Billy Cundiff, especially from any sort of distance.

I'm really not too worried if the Redskins made the playoffs or not. I just want the team to keep improving. The Redskins could have been a contender this year had it not been for injuries and a poor pass defense. Hopefully Bruce Allen will continue to sign the right free agents, make meaningful trades, and draft players who can perform.

When is the last time the Redskins put together a seven-game winning streak? When is the last time this franchise overcame any amount of adversity? While Peter King actually went as far as to predict the Redskins as the sixth seed in this year's playoffs, I'm doing my best to temper expectations because -- as the second half in Dallas showed -- the defense is still more than capable of falling apart at a moment's notice. I'll happily enjoy the ride wherever this team takes me, but that doesn't mean I'm expecting it to happen.

The truth hurts. Hoping for the best, but not holding my breath.

Great write up, however, I have to ask..

How exactly is it a slim chance that we make the playoffs? We are one game out of the wild-card spot, and with a win over the Giants, one game behind them for the division, and we have tiebreakers over all three of the other teams competing for the final wild-card spot (Seattle, Minnesota, Tampa-bay). And they all are playing heavy competition next week, and the Giants have games remaining against Atlanta, Baltimore, and New Orleans.

Not slim at all, and that is without throwing in the RG3 factor.

So, what you're saying is, without RG3 the Skins still be 5-6?

Hmmmm,.......now that's funny.

I think something happened when RG3 took over as team captain. When did that happen? I sense a different team the past few weeks.

Over the bye week. I think we did a lot on the bye week offensively, really focusing more on downfield throws. We've had 4 TDs of 40 yards or longer in the past two weeks, 3 of which were mostly in the air, as opposed to the 4th one which was a Garcon catch and run.

But yeah, Griffin is in command, and it looks like he's taking it about as seriously as he can, and the team is responding.

Over the bye week. I think we did a lot on the bye week offensively, really focusing more on downfield throws. We've had 4 TDs of 40 yards or longer in the past two weeks, 3 of which were mostly in the air, as opposed to the 4th one which was a Garcon catch and run.

But yeah, Griffin is in command, and it looks like he's taking it about as seriously as he can, and the team is responding.

Yep. They've got that look. I just hope they have the skill to match their will. Our guys are coming together. A little luck over the next couple of weeks would be nice.

He would have had 8 TDs with zero INTs in the last 2 weeks had it not been for his OL to step on his foot causing the errant throw for an INT.

He would have had back to back perfect passing games.

Unbelievable.

close, but not 158.3. if he didnt throw that interception, (instead it just was incomplete), it would have been 147.5. if he did complete the pass for let's say, 5 yards, it would have been 151.2 :P

:)

All I keep thinking about is that last minute pass to Cruz in the Giants game.

If our DB knocks that pass down, then there is a much brighter perspective on the rest of the season.

Losses to the Rams and the Panthers also have me playing the what-if game. As great as RG3 is, the Skins record says the team is a little below average at 5-6 as opposed to being 8-3. If they can split the next two games, which are the two most difficult games left on their schedule (Giants and Ravens), I will allow myself to dream. With RG3 at the helm, anything is possible regardless of the defense. :)

I had WWE RAW on last night and I saw RG3 as he was awarded the WWE Title (I don't know why, I was half paying attention). But they used a still picture that said, "Courtesy: Bryan Murphy". Despite the spelling, I'll assume it was one of yours? :ols:

:)

Losses to the Rams and the Panthers also have me playing the what-if game. As great as RG3 is, the Skins record says the team is a little below average at 5-6 as opposed to being 8-3. If they can split the next two games, which are the two most difficult games left on their schedule (Giants and Ravens), I will allow myself to dream. With RG3 at the helm, anything is possible regardless of the defense. :)

My thoughts exactly. Those are the two games that left me scratching my head this year and made me recall of the disappointments that Murf speaks of.

Anyone who has been a fan of this franchise for more than a few months should be able to close their eyes and instantly recall half a dozen or so disappointments -- including letdown games seemingly whenever the Redskins found themselves in the national spotlight.

I will hold out all hope because of RG3s greatness. A split would be OK CAKMoney as long as a win occurs vs the Giants. The extra divisional/conference win may go a long way assuming we can win out after the Baltimore game. Certianly possible we beat CLV, PHL, & DAL

RG3 is the Michael Jordan of the NFL, he is a stone cold clutch performer. He has the heart of a champion and a true winning spirit just like MJ had. RG even sticks his tongue out like MJ did! I think the Redskins will be the first team in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls in a row in the very near future! HTTR :helmet:

Archived