Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keenan Robinson may be done for the year, possible torn pectoral

DGreenHTTR21

This sucks and we seriously need to fire and completely replace not only the medical staff but the training staff as well. When injuries seem to screw us more seasons than not, when players are saying their injuries are being misdiagnosed and/or handled wrong, when injuries are a trend for us, then it's time to replace those whose job it is to help prevent injury and those whose job it is to heal injury.

^^^ THIS!! I can't think of a single reason why they should be retained.. This crap's been going on for far too long. If nothing else it'll be a fresh perspective! Please get this done Shanny!!

Looks like Kehl is on KC's roster. Maybe Jonathan Goff?

Edit- Nevermind just remembered Goff tore his ACL. Anyone out there with familiarity?

Sign me up for Kehl... he can play both ILB and OLB... but what is it with these Texas Linebackers and there Pecs man? Geez... He's been balling! I hope this turns out well for us because I am all about this kid as a future part of this team.

There is absolutely no reason for this to go on year after year either. The medical and training staff isn't on the salary cap, bring a top team in to Redskins Park. Especially when you have a prize like Robert Griffin III, if he even scraps an elbow he should have the best damn doctors in the world looking at it. I'd almost be willing to start a kick starter fund so every Redskin fan can donate a couple bucks, we hire some top flight trainers/doctors and dispatch them to Redskins park so they get the freaking hint. I thought for sure Laron was just being sour grapes about his injury, but so far he has played every game in NY this year.

Chase has the injury before he came to us. And considering he had microfracture surgery are you sure it was an ACL?

Chase had microfracture surgery before the draft, came back and played in minicamp (or was it OTAs?), and then tore his ACL on the last day of that minicamp.

Another sad injury story. I feel for him.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

There is absolutely no reason for this to go on year after year either. The medical and training staff isn't on the salary cap, bring a top team in to Redskins Park. Especially when you have a prize like Robert Griffin III, if he even scraps an elbow he should have the best damn doctors in the world looking at it. I'd almost be willing to start a kick starter fund so every Redskin fan can donate a couple bucks, we hire some top flight trainers/doctors and dispatch them to Redskins park so they get the freaking hint. I thought for sure Laron was just being sour grapes about his injury, but so far he has played every game in NY this year.

What baffles is me is that, at one point, we had arguably the most well-regarded Orthopedist in the world on our staff in James Andrews. Is he still with us? I remember even when he was here, we were still having these ridiculous injuries.

It's not just the Redskins either. The Wizards are notorious for awful injuries, as were the Capitals. DC has a curse.

Looks like things are continuing from last year in the NFL. Several players had this injury last season and a couple players,(one in Cleveland I think),even before this season started. Tough injury. Hope it's not the grade 3 type for any of these guys.

Here's a theory...

Maybe the reason we have so many injuries has more to do with our coaching staff than our training staff?

We are a team that does not use full pads in TC. We rarely hit in practice.

Gibbs teams always had tough practices. Which is why I feel we went on those late season winning streaks. We were tougher and while other teams were wearing down we were still tough

Here's a theory...

Maybe the reason we have so many injuries has more to do with our coaching staff than our training staff?

We are a team that does not use full pads in TC. We rarely hit in practice.

Gibbs teams always had tough practices. Which is why I feel we went on those late season winning streaks. We were tougher and while other teams were wearing down we were still tough

what does being tough have to do with tearing muscles?

what does being tough have to do with tearing muscles?

Maybe by tackling and hitting in practice these muscles get used to the pounding they will take in the regular season? And by being tougher they are less susceptible to tears? Not a doctor, but I'm sure there's someone on this board who could expand on this

Maybe by tackling and hitting in practice these muscles get used to the pounding they will take in the regular season? And by being tougher they are less susceptible to tears? Not a doctor, but I'm sure there's someone on this board who could expand on this

More accumulated damage is usually worse for players (see running back shelf life, and running back wall with the 400 carries/season).

Also,

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=328

In physical therapy school currently, if that matters at all...

We're not the only team with injuries. Just look at the Cowboys this year, or Eagles. Or the Packers the year they won the superbowl.

It's an unfortunate element of professional football, an element that seems to be growing as players evolve bigger faster and stronger. It makes every spot on the 53 man roster all the more important.

And no, there's nothing a medical or training staff could have done to prevent Keenan Robinson from tearing his pectoral muscle

Silver lining: it'll come back stronger.

That's all I have.

Muscles, repaired ligaments, and repaired tendons don't heal like bones and come back stronger.

At most with ligaments if the one your body had was previously stretched out the replaced one will be shorter and more firm which is good, but the detrimental side effects of chronic inflammation in the joint during the recovery process somewhat negates those effects due to earlier onset chronic degeneration such as arthritis.

Archived