Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 12 Official NFL Gameday thread

Hitman21ST

So for those who don't have the game audio, it was just explained by the league office that it's not reviewable because of what Schwartz did.

When you throw out the challenge flag illegally, you lose any right to have the play reviewed, even if the rules would otherwise mandate it.

I'm not really sure what the point of that is.

I read about a team that did this last week can't remember now which, but that is the rule. If you throw the red flag on any play that was going to be reviewed anyway it kills all reviews and gives the team a 15 yard penalty. I'll jhave to look up who did it last week.

So for those who don't have the game audio, it was just explained by the league office that it's not reviewable because of what Schwartz did.

When you throw out the challenge flag illegally, you lose any right to have the play reviewed, even if the rules would otherwise mandate it.

I'm not really sure what the point of that is.

Same thing happened to Mike Smith last weekend against the Cards. It was during that crazy play where the DB tossed a fumble going out of bounds back in bounds to his teammate.

Since we're in contention with the Lions for a playoff berth (OK, we're hoping beyond hope) I am rooting for the Texans. Really, other than maybe the Panthers, we should be rooting for all AFC teams all the time.

Panthers are NFC. So, really, we should be rooting for all AFC teams.

I completely do not understand how any rule in the nfl can award a touchdown that didn't happen.....so the difference here is because no lions tackled him after ...and he made it to the endzone......I don't understand how 1 rule trumps another ....you can't say every scoring play is reviewed if there are exceptions

What is more important? The rule or making the rigt call on a scoring play?

The right call would have been made if the Coach was proficient in his job. I don't blame the officials in this play (Well too much) 95% of the error was on the coach as an easy review would have reversed the play. Officials were unsure so they were right to let it play out.

Archived