Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am coming out of the closet.....LET'S GO SKINS!!!!!

Tom [Giants fan]

Tom is one of the best dudes on this forum, no doubt, but this is an insulting thread.....and the day these threads stop from opposing fans will be the day we know we are good again.

A little background...

Back in the mid 90's I went to a sportsbar in Houston most weeks...the Skins were awful back then of course....my friend and routinely sat next to a guy we simply called "That Eagles fan." Pretty nice guy, loved his Eagles....as the Redskins would sqaunder another Sunday, he would give us words of "encouragement" like, "A few more years and you will be good, stick it out, I like your core." And he'd always tell us he was pulling for us against the Giants and Cowboys. At first, it seemed cool, but as time wore on, I realized he was patronizing us because he didn't fear or respect the Redskins at all. We were absolutely no threat, so he would root for us to knock off teams that were.

Down in Dallas, there is a bar of about 100 Giants fans that congregate each week...I was there for a game last year and one this year and it was the same thing...nice folks all telling me they hoped we beat the Eagles and Giants....I get the same thing from Cobwoys fans. It is humiliating. I was in Dallas for our game last year and in NY this year...I caught no agression...only pity and a few laughs at my expense.

The day people start hating the Redskns again will be a glorious day indeed.

Kleese thanks for posting this. I mean it is really eye opening.

Everything you wrote happened to me but I never knew how insulting it was. And surprise surprise it has almost always come from NY fans. Now I know why I hate that team more than any Division rival.

Coming from folks outside of your teams division is one thing but coming from a DR is something ele entirely.

At first, it seemed cool, but as time wore on, I realized he was patronizing us because he didn't fear or respect the Redskins at all. We were absolutely no threat, so he would root for us to knock off teams that were.

Bingo Kleese!

Tom can go back in the closet now. He is simply mocking our franchise, and I personally don't like it. I think about as highly of him and his threads as I do of Phil McConkey. :)

Thanks Tom. Coming from you we know that's genuine.

No question

But forgive me for hoping your colluding, cheating shower out of New Jersey lose every game by record margin.

As much as I like you man, that underhand gutless **** Mara has changed the whole landscape of our East hatred.

Again, No question. Nothing personal against Giants fans, or really even their team. I'm am tired of them winning, and I'm looking forward to the turn of the tide in the East to the Skins favor, which will happen eventually. I just can not, shall not, will not get past the theft of our cap space.

Tom is one of the best dudes on this forum, no doubt, but this is an insulting thread.....and the day these threads stop from opposing fans will be the day we know we are good again.

A little background...

Back in the mid 90's I went to a sportsbar in Houston most weeks...the Skins were awful back then of course....my friend and routinely sat next to a guy we simply called "That Eagles fan." Pretty nice guy, loved his Eagles....as the Redskins would sqaunder another Sunday, he would give us words of "encouragement" like, "A few more years and you will be good, stick it out, I like your core." And he'd always tell us he was pulling for us against the Giants and Cowboys. At first, it seemed cool, but as time wore on, I realized he was patronizing us because he didn't fear or respect the Redskins at all. We were absolutely no threat, so he would root for us to knock off teams that were.

Down in Dallas, there is a bar of about 100 Giants fans that congregate each week...I was there for a game last year and one this year and it was the same thing...nice folks all telling me they hoped we beat the Eagles and Giants....I get the same thing from Cobwoys fans. It is humiliating. I was in Dallas for our game last year and in NY this year...I caught no agression...only pity and a few laughs at my expense.

The day people start hating the Redskns again will be a glorious day indeed.

Actually, it isn't meant as an insult at all. Of the 3 other teams, I would rather play the Redskins for the division in two weeks than have Philly or Dallas even sniff it. I hate the Eagles just because they are the Eagles and throw in that they got the dog killing QB after he got out of prison, that just enhanced my hatred for them. And the Cowboys are the ****iest team/fan base who think they have a natural born right to win. The Redskins and their fans never act like that. I'd play the Redskins for the division any day. And I'm sure that time is here.

like i tell all my giants friends. get bent! focus on your team and not mine.

As a Giant fan thats exactly what I would want you to say and expect you to say.

Not sure why this OP feels the need to azzkiss you guys..you are an NFC divisional enemy. Now that you are a factor again, I can feel the old dislike coming back as it should be. I do respect the team though and cant say for sure I'd root against you guys in the playoffs if the Giants aren't in it. But to sit there and say I like you guys? No way..

That said go Redskins this Thursday..I do admit with all things equal I always root for you guys against Dallas.

Edit: Jumbo...next time you ban me at least give me some warning so I can say something that deserves to get me banned.

AsEdit: Jumbo...next time you ban me at least give me some warning so I can say something that deserves to get me banned.

Alot of people in here have a hard time with the mods. They get mad and fly off the handle when they get a ban or are put on read only. Even Redskin fans in here overeact. I was banned one time. It said what the violation was with a week off.

I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. So I took a step back, emailed the mod "nicely." I explained that I was unaware that they were giving out bans on page 14, when I had only read an responded up to page 7. It looked like someone had started something and one of the mods wanted to nip it in the bud. I was not aware.

I told him that if I had known about it that I would not have done it. I apoligized and stated that I would take a 1 or 2 day ban. But most important, I did it nicely, calmly and friendly. I was given a mulligan and reinstated right away.

So if it comes up again, just be nice, ask why and state your side of things. Flying off at the handle just makes it worse for people. I also find it funny when members are reinstated, they come back in with an attitude that again, just makes things worse. Just trying to give you some words of advice from someone who has been there.

Alot of people in here have a hard time with the mods. They get mad and fly off the handle when they get a ban or are put on read only. Even Redskin fans in here overeact. I was banned one time. It said what the violation was with a week off.

I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. So I took a step back, emailed the mod "nicely." I explained that I was unaware that they were giving out bans on page 14, when I had only read an responded up to page 7. It looked like someone had started something and one of the mods wanted to nip it in the bud. I was not aware.

I told him that if I had known about it that I would not have done it. I apoligized and stated that I would take a 1 or 2 day ban. But most important, I did it nicely, calmly and friendly. I was given a mulligan and reinstated right away.

So if it comes up again, just be nice, ask why and state your side of things. Flying off at the handle just makes it worse for people. I also find it funny when members are reinstated, they come back in with an attitude that again, just makes things worse. Just trying to give you some words of advice from someone who has been there.

Well thank you! Well, I don't even remember what it was. Yep, I will respect the forum, but as a fan of an opposing team, sometimes "debates" are inevitable. Well something was being debated and then the next thing I knew I was out!@ Like i say, if I want to post here I will show utmost respect..its your forum, not mine. However, if I decide a battle needs to be taken up on a topic, I have to be able to defend my team and position or its not worth it.

Good advice..i appreciate it. Good luck thursday! A rare full bore rooting for you guys from me.

As a Giant fan thats exactly what I would want you to say and expect you to say.

Not sure why this OP feels the need to azzkiss you guys..you are an NFC divisional enemy. Now that you are a factor again, I can feel the old dislike coming back as it should be. I do respect the team though and cant say for sure I'd root against you guys in the playoffs if the Giants aren't in it. But to sit there and say I like you guys? No way..

That said go Redskins this Thursday..I do admit with all things equal I always root for you guys against Dallas.

Edit: Jumbo...next time you ban me at least give me some warning so I can say something that deserves to get me banned.

and like i said today to my fellow coworkers and giants friends.. i dont want you guys to ever everrrr everr... root for us in any way.. we have a love hate relationship with it comes to sports. some want the nfc east to be a beast once again.. and some well just flat out haters... and with that being said. i dispense the giants but respect a knowledgeable and unbiased fan of any team. and thats pretty tough living in ny

I do respect the team though and cant say for sure I'd root against you guys in the playoffs if the Giants aren't in it. But to sit there and say I like you guys? No way..

I feel the same way about the Giants (although this whole Mara conspiracy is starting to skew my opinion). But this hate is generally based on the dispositions of the teams' players and fans.

Hate for the Giants (scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest): 7

Hate for the Eagles: 8

Hate for the Cowboys: 11

I feel the same way about the Giants (although this whole Mara conspiracy is starting to skew my opinion). But this hate is generally based on the dispositions of the teams' players and fans.

Yep...we both agree on the Cowboys 11 part :) Problem with that fan base is as soon as they start winning they become insufferable. Right now they are not but that will change quickly. Never found redskin fans as grating. Eagle fans would be if they ever won anything for sure. You know I never root for divisional opponents in the playoffs openly, but i do take a sense of pride in the amount of SB wins this division has especially when talking to fans of other divisions.. There is an odd respect..amidst all the hatred.

Personally, for me...

Hate for the Giants (scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest): 50

Hate for the Eagles: 8-10 depending on my mood.

Hate for the Cowboys: e^100,000,000

Not sure why this OP feels the need to azzkiss you guys..

I'm actually not. If you look at my profile, I've been a member of this board for more than 12 years. I've known a lot of the guys on here for a long time. I have a lot of respect for the mods and the original posters on this board. They are good guys. For them, I hope the Redskins are on their way back to winning more than losing and it seems as if they are.

The Redskins winning just makes those games much more fun and the conversation on this board gets very interesting. Especially during the Giants/Skins week. If the Skins win this week, next week is going to be a lot of fun regardless of the outcome of Sunday Night.

I love reading Tom's posts, but **** the Giants. Seriously.

Enough of this dog in heat, sniffing and licking of the rear ends. We owned the Vagiants last year, and really should have won the first one this year. Offense in my opinion has only gotten better, so I fully expect to win the next go around at home, on Monday night. I predict we spank the cowgirls, and go on a tear leading the division, with RGIII taking Roty honors, and making this a legit franchise for years to come.

That will be the icing on th cake. Mara tried to **** us as best he could, and it didn't matter because we gots RGiii playing for us.

Anything less, and I'm still wanting blood next year, even more.

Happy turkey day fellow skins fans, this is the beginning of greatness

Archived