Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per profootballtalk.com: Chiefs release CB Stanford Routt - should we give him a look?

Prototype

Dude, Hall or Wilson ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Look at the safety position. Who was suppose to be there to start the season, and who is playing now? Wilson has called out the safeties and gotten in trouble previously.

Sorry to single you out, apparently everyone in this thread thinks the issue is the corners.

Wanna buy some ocean front property in Montana? Real cheap...

Maybe this isn't the place for this, but I didn't see it elsewhere...what about the kid that the Pats cut? Sterling Moore? Or something like that. We certainly seem to need something back there right? It can't all be coaching right?

New England resigned him to there practice squad. I would sign Sterling Moore and Stanford Rout during the bye week and cut Madiu Williams and Brandon Banks. Start Wilson and Rout/Griffin at CB and hopefully Merriweather and Hall at S, have Royster return kickoffs and Aldrick Robinson or Santana Moss return punts. One of the biggest problems with the Redskins secondary is there non exsistant pass rush, QB's have all day to sit in the pocket and find an open receiver. A pass rush would do for the Redskins secondary what RGIII has done to the Redskins horrible OL, make them look a little bit better.

How to make the best bottom 16 defense ever:

DL J.J Watt

DL: Vince Wilfork

DL: Ndamukong Suh

OLB: Aldon Smith

MLB: Patrick Willis

MLB: Navarro Bowman

OLB: Von Miller

CB: Champ Bailey

CB: Healthy Darrel Revis

FS: Jarius Byrd

SS: Troy Polamalu

DC: Jim Haslett.

That might get us #17 or #18 in the NFL (unless we convince Spanos to come back).

With that in mind, while Routt might be an upgrade, I can't get too excited as long as Haslett is still coaching the defense.

But didnt we think that when we brought Hall & Wilson here? One word for you, "DRAFT".

I agree, we need to draft. however, when we do draft we don't keep them around so whichever way we can get them is fine with me.

As I said "secondary" - which also includes safeties...I'd rather see Hall move over for Williams and Routt take over Hall's spot

EVERY DAY, this team should have open tryouts for corners and safeties. Anyone who has ever played either position should be allowed to come in for a workout.

+1; totally agree with this. Josh Wilson is as bad as it gets. Hall is not that much better. Doughty can't cover to save his life.

There should be an open call, there has to be a better corner than Josh Wilson out there.

he's been solid, has struggled some this year though - i'd take him in a heartbeat over what we currently have

good info, thanks....should have researched the guy more. So did they lose him in a numbers game at another position? I mean with the secondary we have I guess you really can't say who you won't look at or try out. I was mostly being silly with my entry and not serious but at any rate. Thanks.

good news is he cleared waivers and now is cheap.... as reported in epsn insiders... but were not one of his landing spots. hmmm Detroit, Indianapolis, Miami, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay were all mentioned on espn as possible destinations...

Three after Routt

8:09

AM ETStanford Routt | Chiefs Recommend0 Comments1Email Following the Kansas City Chiefs' release of CB Stanford Routt, we listed some speculative destinations for the veteran, based upon team need and proximity to the playoff race. Routt went unclaimed on waivers, and is now free to sign with any team he so desires (as well as collect the rest of his 2012 salary as contracted with the Chiefs).

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, there are at least three teams interested: Arizona, Detroit and Miami. Each of these three passes the sniff test, as all have had issues at the position this season.

- Tim Kavanagh

I was under the impression that statistically, he's been one of the worst CBs in the league for several years now in terms of QB rating against, completion percentage, etc. Think D'Angelo Hall in coverage, only worse.

One of my Raider buddies was overjoyed when they cut him loose and he went in the division.

Archived