Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall at FS, Start Cedric Griffin at Corner???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just an idea, looking for ya'll opinion on it.

I've been felt our safety play was one of our weakest links and it just cost us bad this Sunday. I can't take it anymore with Williams starting at FS, and feel like going full radical with benching him. Griffin started 14 games last year for the Vikings, so its not like that position is foreign to him. I still feel Wilson is our best cover corner, so even if he takes over as #1, the question is what do you do with nickle and dime? Crawford? Can it really be any worse then what we're dealing with right now???

Edit: Again, this isn't about punishing Hall as it is about getting Williams off the field. Enough is enough...

Just for the record, Wilson was the one that got beat on that bomb yesterday. I actually think Hall has done a pretty good job and Griffin would not be an upgrade over him at all.

It's not about upgrading over Hall, it's about getting Williams off the field. Wilson was playing coverage thinking Williams was playing behind him. Williams ended up being right next to him, letting Cruz behind both of them.

Simply put: Yes.

Until we get a reliable, consistent player at free safety who can actually cover the deep balls that we continue to get burned on, then i'm all for this idea.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

And this isn't about Hall struggling. It's about Hall having the talent to play at free safety and really help us out

Just for the record, Wilson was the one that got beat on that bomb yesterday. I actually think Hall has done a pretty good job and Griffin would not be an upgrade over him at all.

Williams got beat as well but yeah, I think Hall is over rated but yesterday I didnt' see much to complain about as far as he is concerned.

It's not about upgrading over Hall, it's about getting Williams off the field. Wilson was playing coverage thinking Williams was playing behind him. Williams ended up being right next to him, letting Cruz behind both of them.

We are playing the Steelers next week. You really want Griffin covering Brown and Wallace over Hall? He's going to have enough problems with Sanders. Williams is going to have to stay where he is

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 04:25 PM ----------

We are playing the Steelers next week. You really want Griffin covering Brown and Wallace over Hall? He's going to have enough problems with Sanders. Williams is going to have to stay where he is

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 04:25 PM ----------

Hall is not going to be able to consistently lock down anyone with the lack of pressure we're getting. At some point someone is going to get behind him, and with Williams there's a good chance it could be for another bomb. It is a risk asking Griffin to go up against these guys, but I feel more comfortable with Hall having his back then Williams looking out for anyone. This has been failbus all season...

Again, we are playing the Steelers this week who have 3 unbelievably solid Wide outs in Wallace, Brown and Sanders. The last thing I want to see is Griffin lined up with Brown or Wallace 1 on 1. We are better off with Hall in that situation as scary a thought as it is. But it's the truth. Griffin is even worse. We don't have time to make this change in a week. We'd probably get torched even worse with people moving all over

How about Cedric Griffin at FS instead?

Now you're talking. Is anyone comfortable with him speed wise to be the last line of defense? Big reason I suggested Hall do it is because even if he isn't as fast as he used to be, his coverage skills are good enough and he's still a ball-hawk by nature. I, like a lot of people, felt that if he was going to stay here following this season, it would be as a safety as we bring in a better corner. Is it still too early? I feel we're screwed if we keep doing what we're doing and expect different results. It's the very definition of insanity...

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 04:44 PM ----------

Pretty much.

Isn't Raheem Morris supposed to be a DB mastermind? Why can't he figure something out to stop the bleeding?

Ya, I was wondering if he is the loudest person on the field anymore. Can anyone vouch for or against that???

Pretty much.

Isn't Raheem Morris supposed to be a DB mastermind? Why can't he figure something out to stop the bleeding?

Cause Raheem isn't the one calling the defense's plays, Haslett is the one putting the DB's in the wrong position and not getting enough of a pass rush with his blitzing schemes. Also don't like how he has the CB's playing off the line still, needs to have them bump the WR's.

Ehhhhhhhh......maaaaaybe.

The question is, do I like Williams at FS more than I like Griffin as #2 CB? I'm not sure I do. I mean, it's kind of like, would you like 10 lashes five times or 5 lashes ten times.

What would be ideal is if Crawford stepped up. Doubtful, I mean he's a late round rookie, he's not supposed to step up, but if he could achieve starter status, then I'd feel better about it. Hall and Meriweather back there probably wouldn't be a bad safety unit.

A thought, what would it take to trade for Talib *right now* while he's suspended? Trade deadline is the 30th right? Is that a thing we could do? I figure, the Bucs probably know he's on his way out, he's not playing for another couple games, could we pry him off their hands for cheap, like a 4th rounder maybe? Because getting half a season out of Talib after suspension would make me support the plan to move Hall to FS completely. Talib and Wilson at CB and Hall and Meriweather at S for the last seven or eight games of the season would be a huge upgrade, and might make our secondary not horrible.

I mean, it's a super long shot, and almost certainly wouldn't happen, if it's even possible at all, but that's why it's just a thought.

Ehhhhhhhh......maaaaaybe.

The question is, do I like Williams at FS more than I like Griffin as #2 CB? I'm not sure I do. I mean, it's kind of like, would you like 10 lashes five times or 5 lashes ten times.

What would be ideal is if Crawford stepped up. Doubtful, I mean he's a late round rookie, he's not supposed to step up, but if he could achieve starter status, then I'd feel better about it. Hall and Meriweather back there probably wouldn't be a bad safety unit.

A thought, what would it take to trade for Talib *right now* while he's suspended? Trade deadline is the 30th right? Is that a thing we could do? I figure, the Bucs probably know he's on his way out, he's not playing for another couple games, could we pry him off their hands for cheap, like a 4th rounder maybe? Because getting half a season out of Talib after suspension would make me support the plan to move Hall to FS completely. Talib and Wilson at CB and Hall and Meriweather at S for the last seven or eight games of the season would be a huge upgrade, and might make our secondary not horrible.

I mean, it's a super long shot, and almost certainly wouldn't happen, if it's even possible at all, but that's why it's just a thought.

I actually really like that idea but I don't think it is smart with Talib being a FA to give up a pick for somebody we would likely sign in the offseason anyway.

Archived