Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D-Hall Big mouth / Hot Garbage?

jservs7

i will agree that since the nfl sold out to make scoring easier so that they (nfl) could expand its market to people who wouldn't normally watch .it has become harder to cover wide-outs, but with that said hall just plain misses too many tackles, gives half hearted attempts at tackling, and yes gets out of position in coverage, that whats smokes my drawers, so i guess with his big mouth and not enough results to back it up, then he should go.. oakland cut him half way thru the season for a reason, shame its taken us this long to figure out why

Misses too many tackles???? You watching the same Dhall i am? They guy that took on Heath Miller full speed last week?? Must be watching a different guy

To be honest, if you watched this game then I wouldn´t be supriced if the ref said something out of line. Durning the game the refs where having some real attitude against Mike Shanahan, remember him and Mike yelling at each other. And the refs probally feel like god right now, because the replacements where so worse...the nfl ´needs them´. I think these refs there ego might be a little high.

Ofcourse they need to have a strong ego because they make huge decisions, but right now I feel like they are a little to happy about themselfs. Don´t feel like these refs would say after the game, I made a wrong call. My fault. No self-reflection.

Ofcourse they need to have a strong ego because they make huge decisions, but right now I feel like they are a little to happy about themselfs. Don´t feel like these refs would say after the game, I made a wrong call. My fault. No self-reflection.

It's not like the NFL would correct anything they did anyway. They fined Polumbus for that "leg whip" while on the same exact play the DT tackles Montgomery but there was no call so no foul either.

misses too many tackles???? You watching the same dhall i am? They guy that took on heath miller full speed last week?? Must be watching a different guy

so you take 1 (or a few) example and say he is good? Hardly,, just because he makes some tackles he still whiffs and gives half hearted attempts to justify being considered a good db.. of course if you haven't been watching football all that long and have nothing but the ones out there today to compare him to, then of course you may think is good

so you take 1 (or a few) example and say he is good? Hardly,, just because he makes some tackles he still whiffs and gives half hearted attempts to justify being considered a good db.. of course if you haven't been watching football all that long and have nothing but the ones out there today to compare him to, then of course you may think is good

:ols:

Yea, you're right i must not watch a lot of football....but i can google!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles

There is 1 CB in the league that has more total tackles than Dhall. Everyone in front of him is either a LB or S. So if you wanna call Dhall garbage go right ahead. But saying hes terrible b/c he cant tackle leads me to think that you dont watch a lot of football. :cool:

Tackling is NOT one of DHALLS problems....hes actually a pretty damn good tackler...

Exactly, I thought that was apparent on the Heath Miller screen play. DHall was all by himself and put his head in there and took out a dude 2x his size. It's not the tackling, it's him not being able to trust our safeties. It's a team sport.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

:ols:

Yea, you're right i must not watch a lot of football....but i can google!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/totalTackles

There is 1 CB in the league that has more total tackles than Dhall. Everyone in front of him is either a LB or S. So if you wanna call Dhall garbage go right ahead. But saying hes terrible b/c he cant tackle leads me to think that you dont watch a lot of football. :cool:

lol, that's what i was thinking. oh my STLO is only 28, he must not have watched much football.

I think it would be a true statement to say the NFL is a better product than in the past. Kids train their whole lives to play this game now, when years ago it was just a part time job, and they would go back to working at the car dealership in the offseason.

To be honest, if you watched this game then I wouldn´t be supriced if the ref said something out of line. Durning the game the refs where having some real attitude against Mike Shanahan, remember him and Mike yelling at each other. And the refs probally feel like god right now, because the replacements where so worse...the nfl ´needs them´. I think these refs there ego might be a little high.

Hall said just as much today: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8575713/deangelo-hall-washington-redskins-cb-says-referee-equally-fault-incident

"From that particular camera angle you can't see what that ref's saying to me. So it looks like I'm just out there giving him a piece of my mind and he's smiling and walks away. And that's not the case at all. He's dishing it out just as much as I'm dishing it out," Hall said in an appearance on the "LaVar and Dukes" show on 106.7 The Fan in Washington.

Hall, who is trying to get video from different camera angles of the incident "so you can see both sides," said he wants to meet with Goodell "to tell our side of the story, just like them."

"But me and the ref was equally at fault on that particular play," he said.

Hall said that players are expected to respect the officials, but that it should go both ways.

"It's not a system in place where ... they're the good cops and we're the criminals. It has to be an even playing field, a level playing field," Hall said. "If they want us to go out there and respect them, they have to do the same thing. They have to give us the same kind of respect that I feel like we've been giving them as players, as referees that ultimately control some of the calls in these games. Nobody is going out there trying to bully the referees, and likewise they shouldn't be out there trying to bully us."

There is also this stat about him: " Quarterbacks have completed 70.5 percent of their passes while targeting Hall since 2010, maintaining a passer rating of about 103. "

Don't you think that makes his total tackles a bit irrelevant ?

Exactly, I thought that was apparent on the Heath Miller screen play. DHall was all by himself and put his head in there and took out a dude 2x his size. It's not the tackling, it's him not being able to trust our safeties. It's a team sport.

lol, that's what i was thinking. oh my STLO is only 28, he must not have watched much football.

DHall has been among the top 5 CBs in the league in total tackles every year. He has never shown any fear of putting his hat on anyone, including TEs and RBs that are much bigger than himself, and he does a good job of actually bringing them down, unlike many others who just dive at legs.

So, I've seen a number of people accuse DHall of being a bad tackler, and that simply isn't true.

There is also this stat about him: " Quarterbacks have completed 70.5 percent of their passes while targeting Hall since 2010, maintaining a passer rating of about 103. "

Don't you think that makes his total tackles a bit irrelevant ?

yes. he can't cover for **** these days. his coverage skills are atrocious

I don't usually pay any attention to player excuses/explanations. I just want them to go out there and play.

However, did anyone else happen to notice Sunday how a ref got into M.Shanahan's face to tell him to get off of the field? Maybe it's just me, but there's a difference between telling someone to get back and telling them to get back like that persons a lil *****.

I don't usually pay any attention to player excuses/explanations. I just want them to go out there and play.

However, did anyone else happen to notice Sunday how a ref got into M.Shanahan's face to tell him to get off of the field? Maybe it's just me, but there's a difference between telling someone to get back and telling them to get back like that persons a lil *****.

I've noticed Shanahan was really pissed off quite a few times at the refs. It would be interesting to show Shanahan's and DHall's footage to someone who can read on lips.

http://t.co/MqA8wqdh

This is what Rodger Goodell had to say today

That's not what football is about. We're not suggesting that everyone is going to agree with every officiating call on the field, but there's a way to do that and there's a way not to do it. And we have very strong rules in this area, and we're going to enforce them aggressively."

He was thrown out of the game that should have been end of any punishment. Goodell and his mighty high fist-wielding, ego-manica of a control freak needs to stop doing this and making NFL less respected by the fans.

On the other hand, going over your "interesting" user notes, which certainly fit after reading this absolutely worthless "me too" of a post, where you parrot a no-meat simple-minded "viewpoint" already made about 10,00 times, and seemingly do so without the slightest attention paid to relevant comments in many other posts in the thread (including the one immediately proceeding yours), I find myself asking why need to keep you around (under rule 18).

For now I will, but I'm going to add all this to your user notes and I strongly suggest you up your own game if you like posting on ES.

Added: actually, after reviewing your last few pages of most recent posts, I am even less inclined to keep you. But, we'll still go ahead and see what happens. Don't PM me for further discussion on it, or respond about it in the thread, just take it or leave it. :)

Well I'm leaving it, your not extremeskins your extreme aholes. This board is everything wrong with this franchise and I'm done with it. You don't have to boot me cause I will already be gone, there are much better places to discuss the team I love than this place full of self ritcheous moderators.

You insult my take on things, like everything that comes out of your postings is so creative and insightful that we should build a statue to you at FEDEX. Get over yourself, if you were that smart your would be coaching football not moderating a website, badly I might add. Ether way I'm done so why not go out with a bang.

SCREW YOU GUYS IM GOING HOME!!!!

Maybe it's me. Maybe it's not. The media here in DC seem to disect the teams horrible secondary every week..without mentioning loud mouth DeAngelo Hall. Why is this?

Am I the only one who thinks he is hot garbage as a football player? He runs his mouth and struts around with swag and yet gets fried every game. I'll take Wilson and Williams getting fried any day .. over Hall. Because they dont strut, talk crap and dont try to instigate trouble on the field. They dont TALK .. they try. Hall doesnt want to get dirty. He's allergic to the dirt/ground. He's all mouth. Yet the DC media refuses to call this guy out? why? Fear?

Nothing worse than a horrible player with big mouth. A little public humiliation is in order.

:mad: If I were Shanny or Snyder, I'd have an ad in the Washington Post Classifieds this morning:

HELP WANTED: Pro Football team Washington Redskins are looking for a secondary that has heart, isn't afraid to hit / get dirty. No Exp Nesc.

What he said.

We let LaRon landry walk... to the Jets... as much as he was hurt his last two seasons, he's better than any of our safeties right now.

Even though I liked Landry I wasn't upset when he walked, at first. LL is doing ok with the Jets and the secondary is horrendous.

I agree with general consensus regarding Hall. He hasn't. Done diddly poo squat, other than the game where he nabbed four pics. But compared to his entire body of work as a Redskins that game is just a small fried shrimp out of a big platter of crap us fans have to eat.

Someone's mad.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

... of course if you haven't been watching football all that long and have nothing but the ones out there today to compare him to, then of course you may think is good

Again, regarding this kind of comment as offered to dismiss some point in some degree of defense (no pun intended) of Hall, I ask: how do you then explain so many fellow pros, including past and present team-mates, and several coaches, past and present, who speak highly of his playing ability (which is not the same as saying he has no issues--I think there are issues too). These professionals "haven't been watching football all that long"?

I just regularly advocate and encourage intelligence in posted commentary---not all the time, of course---there's humor and venting and just saying some dumb or "simple-minded" **** every now and then for fun. I's not supposed to all be "hard work" in posting opinions.

It's fine to have a position of pro or con or mixture thereof on Hall or anything else, but I like seeing folks applying some thought behind an argument either way, especially if the board or thread already has a few hundred of the "other kind" of posts all over the place. As I said to the angry bird, certain kinds of "me too" posts aren't that useful after a point when it comes to entertaining discussions, and it's preferable if at such times some folks can avoid indulging that need and add something with a little more meat.

Even though I liked Landry I wasn't upset when he walked, at first. LL is doing ok with the Jets and the secondary is horrendous.

I agree with general consensus regarding Hall. He hasn't. Done diddly poo squat, other than the game where he nabbed four pics. But compared to his entire body of work as a Redskins that game is just a small fried shrimp out of a big platter of crap us fans have to eat.

I agree about Landry, it wasn't a big deal seeing him walk because we thought he wouldn't walk without injuring himself. Now that he's playing ok for the Jets and we need safeties it's easy to look at it from the hindsight point of view and wish we still had him.

Hall is not playing the level we need from him. I remember him costing us a game against the Cowboys because he let the WR run a deep out on him even though he help on the inside (he played the inside too much allowing the WR to get position on the outside).

However bad Hall might be playing... is he one of our top two CBs? Yes he is.

Archived