Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D-Hall Big mouth / Hot Garbage?

jservs7

Maybe it's me. Maybe it's not. The media here in DC seem to disect the teams horrible secondary every week..without mentioning loud mouth DeAngelo Hall. Why is this?

Am I the only one who thinks he is hot garbage as a football player? He runs his mouth and struts around with swag and yet gets fried every game. I'll take Wilson and Williams getting fried any day .. over Hall. Because they dont strut, talk crap and dont try to instigate trouble on the field. They dont TALK .. they try. Hall doesnt want to get dirty. He's allergic to the dirt/ground. He's all mouth. Yet the DC media refuses to call this guy out? why? Fear?

Nothing worse than a horrible player with big mouth. A little public humiliation is in order.

:mad: If I were Shanny or Snyder, I'd have an ad in the Washington Post Classifieds this morning:

HELP WANTED: Pro Football team Washington Redskins are looking for a secondary that has heart, isn't afraid to hit / get dirty. No Exp Nesc.

It's funny. Last week I mentioned how D Hall needs to be quiet and just get back to the huddle and not contiually be in peoples face jawing and there was alot of backlash. I would like to see him (and our other CB's) not give such a cushion so much (but that is more scheme than player) and I would like him to not push getting unsportsmanlike conduct flags, but other than those 2 things I'm ok with Hall. He isnt great and getting paid more than he is worth, but I dont dislike him.

I wouldn't call him absolute garbage, but he is definitely average, and is not worth the money that he i searning. Yet another one of those wtf contracts that were handed out routinely by the last regime. Dude played like 5-6 games for us, after getting roasted in Oakland.

I'd love it if we were able to create some cap space by getting rid of him, and revamping the secondary.

Wow, really? Hall's been one of the better players on our D this year, and probably last year too. He is one of the best tackling CBs in the league, has improved in coverage, and owns up when he makes a mistake.

If this thread were from 4 years ago, I'd agree with you. But Hall's one of the bright spots on the D.

I am done with D Hall... I have been waiting for him patiently to lead by example and play solid football.

This year could be even worse than year's past... every week he does something incredibly stupid that deserves a personal foul penalty (whether he gets one or not).

I constantly see him out of position, and when he does attempt to bring down a player he always wants to have the highlight shoulder hit instead of wrapping and driving, which leads to the opponent escaping 50% of the time.

At this point, he is the only bad character guy left on the team in my belief, and I can't wait for the skins to part ways with him.

Wow, really? Hall's been one of the better players on our D this year, and probably last year too. He is one of the best tackling CBs in the league, has improved in coverage, and owns up when he makes a mistake.

If this thread were from 4 years ago, I'd agree with you. But Hall's one of the bright spots on the D.

People just love to hate on him. There's almost no point in trying to back the guy up.

Not often we disagree bro', but I think your well over selling his worth here.

Hail.

Maybe it's me. Maybe it's not. The media here in DC seem to disect the teams horrible secondary every week..without mentioning loud mouth DeAngelo Hall. Why is this?

Am I the only one who thinks he is hot garbage as a football player? He runs his mouth and struts around with swag and yet gets fried every game. I'll take Wilson and Williams getting fried any day .. over Hall. Because they dont strut, talk crap and dont try to instigate trouble on the field. They dont TALK .. they try. Hall doesnt want to get dirty. He's allergic to the dirt/ground. He's all mouth. Yet the DC media refuses to call this guy out? why? Fear?

Nothing worse than a horrible player with big mouth. A little public humiliation is in order.

:mad: If I were Shanny or Snyder, I'd have an ad in the Washington Post Classifieds this morning:

HELP WANTED: Pro Football team Washington Redskins are looking for a secondary that has heart, isn't afraid to hit / get dirty. No Exp Nesc.

What game(s) are you wathcing?

Believe it or not, D. Hall has been a solid tackler and an average cover guy. You want to blame someone for long pass plays? blame Haslett, he has the DBs playing a 15 yard soft zone on several occasions.

I'm not sure this is true. Hall COULD be one of the better players on the roster if he were utilized appropriately. He needs to be allowed to be a playmaker. That's what he does best, and the major attribute he brings to a defense. He is not a great coverage guy. I struggle to say he's a good coverage guy. Someone else in another thread said something about starting Cedric at corner and moving Hall to free safety. I'd be okay with that... Except for the fact the guy we have at strong safety can't cover worth a lick (Doughty) but he plays well in the box. So you don't want to play him much in coverage and in the end you'd be moving DHall back to cover.

We need to upgrade our safety talent, and maybe corner... And we need to utilize the players we have more effectively to have a chance.

We let LaRon landry walk... to the Jets... as much as he was hurt his last two seasons, he's better than any of our safeties right now.

I'm not sure this is true. Hall COULD be one of the better players on the roster if he were utilized appropriately. He needs to be allowed to be a playmaker. That's what he does best, and the major attribute he brings to a defense. He is not a great coverage guy. I struggle to say he's a good coverage guy. Someone else in another thread said something about starting Cedric at corner and moving Hall to free safety. I'd be okay with that... Except for the fact the guy we have at strong safety can't cover worth a lick (Doughty) but he plays well in the box. So you don't want to play him much in coverage and in the end you'd be moving DHall back to cover.

We need to upgrade our safety talent, and maybe corner... And we need to utilize the players we have more effectively to have a chance.

I'll agree with that, but Hall is a sure tackler. That's one of the better parts of his games. I completely agree that his best attribute is the playmaking ability, but he is a good tackler and improved as a coverage guy (note, improved doesn't necessarily mean I think it's a strength, it's just not as big a weakness)

I'll agree with that, but Hall is a sure tackler. That's one of the better parts of his games. I completely agree that his best attribute is the playmaking ability, but he is a good tackler and improved as a coverage guy (note, improved doesn't necessarily mean I think it's a strength, it's just not as big a weakness)

IDK about his coverage ability improving. WRs are still getting wide open against him. It could be the scheme, IDK, but his coverage ability is as lacking as it ever has, though he makes plays when he gets his hands on the ball. Yet, i do agree that his tackling is MUCH improved than what it used to be.

Archived