Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Bring Cooley back?

JimmiJo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Dont get me wrong, he has been great in spot duty. I just dont think he can come close to replacing what we lose with Sleepy being out.

The running game will be better for a fact. Logan knows how to read coverage and sit in the zone. Sleepy don't do that as well. Hes is just really fast and can run unreal routes for a TE

We don't need Plaxico. Why would we want him?

Our offense is fine imo. I love Davis but I think we will still be ok with Paulsen stepping in. He is a really good football player even if he isn't an athletic freak. He does everything you need.

The only problem with Logan starting is he is SLOW. With Garcon still hurt and no other legit threat at WR teams will now know to focus on Paulson and he will be nonexistent.

Logan is slow but still has the youthful bounce in his legs. To me Cooley is without speed and youthful legs. And I really doubt teams will key in on Logan just if he was the starter. He will be treated like he has all season. And he will continue to get open off the PA and be a nice secuirty blanket for Robert. Nothing more nothing less.

Logan is slow but still has the youthful bounce in his legs. To me Cooley is without speed and youthful legs. And I really doubt teams will key in on Logan just if he was the starter. He will be treated like he has all season. And he will continue to get open off the PA and be a nice secuirty blanket for Robert. Nothing more nothing less.

I need a replacement for Davis on my fantasy team so I hope you are right.:D

But we wont be asking him to. Wewill ask him to do what he has been doing. But on a more regular basis.

Davis was RG3's favorite target and a big piece of the passing game so far. If we are not going to ask Paulson to fill Davis' shoes where do the other targets go? The other receivers havent shown the ability to do it consistently so our pass game will suffer. I hope I am so wrong though.

I love Cooley, but his playing days are well behind him. He is a TRUE Redskin, and if there is a coaching slot available, he should be considered.

Time for us to look for a young, strong, talented TE ... someone like Vernon Davis who can block, and has a ton of speed. Sleepy's days might be numbered. It has been very difficult for most NFL players to fully recover from an achilles injury. Just ask Dan Marino and Laron Landry.

I have not been impressed with what I have seen of Niles Paul. He drops more than he catches. I like Logan Paulsen. He need to look at our PS to see if there is anyone talented out there.

Not interested in Winslow. He is just not as good as he thinks he is. His dad was great.

I love Cooley, but his playing days are well behind him. He is a TRUE Redskin, and if there is a coaching slot available, he should be considered.

Time for us to look for a young, strong, talented TE ... someone like Vernon Davis who can block, and has a ton of speed. Sleepy's days might be numbered. It has been very difficult for most NFL players to fully recover from an achilles injury. Just ask Dan Marino and Laron Landry.

I have not been impressed with what I have seen of Niles Paul. He drops more than he catches. I like Logan Paulsen. He need to look at our PS to see if there is anyone talented out there.

Not interested in Winslow. He is just not as good as he thinks he is. His dad was great.

Good luck finding a vernon davis like te this far into the season in free agency.... gonna have to wait til the offseason and do that... plus there's about 28 other teams who would like a tight end like that lol

Getting a little mixed reaction on Twitter and wanted to do a quick poll. The Niles Paul supporters say he can play so the team should go with him. Others say they should go get a safety. What say you?

***COOLEY's B-A-A-A-CK!!! (According to Washington Post. See below link!)

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/10/21/chris-cooley-agrees-to-rejoin-redskins-in-wake-of-fred-davis-injury/

I'd bring him back. They need a 3rd TE who knows how to play TE. He doesn't have to start, but he can give you 10-15 plays a game, that'll be ok.

Really, Niles Paul needs to start catching balls that are thrown to him. That's the better solution to the TE problem, now that Davis is out.

The problem with this is that he cant seem to catch a cold. Logan Paulson, as much as I like the guy isnt starting TE material. This is what we have on the roster. Cooley knows the system and if he is in shape (as some whom have inside info have said) you at the very least look at him. It doesnt mean he gets penciled in as a starter, but........Paul and Paulson are depth players at best right now. "Average" would be a upgrade over both of them. Which Cooley might be right now. Either way, we need a TE with Davis going down.

Will be good to have Cooley back as depth. I really hate that Fred got injured, but I am excited that Paulsen gets more playing time.

Paulsen reminds me of Heath Miller. Great blocker and dependable hands. Hopefully he makes the most of his opportunity.

I'm souring on Niles and Hank. They're okay. But we can use upgrades in the off season. I'm happy for Cooley. He get's to finally play with a stud quarterback. Cooley and Paulsen will be excellent at getting open and finding holes and seams when Griff rolls. Paulsen already has a knack for it. Paulsen is old school. I'm liking him more. Niles becomes our most athletic T.E. Niles, however, has a chance to step up big time. He will either take over the position, or lose it to Cooley.

I am sorta happy Cooley is back to try helping this team. Hopefully he can be @ least 1/2 as productive as Davis has been all season.

BTW, there is a good chance Davis can recover 100% for next year. It is still early enough for him to have enough time to recuperate. Achilles injuries are not as severe as they used to be. Donald Butler (SD) came back from his season ending achilles injury and has been 100% since then so yeah, there is HOPE for Davis.

Archived