Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Bring Cooley back?

JimmiJo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This season is likely now a growing stage rather than a potential playoff chase. I know, with RGIII, we'll have a shot to do something miraculous. But, realistically speaking, the schedule is insanely hard, and injuries have already decimated this team.

So, with that in mind, the forward thinking move is to bring a young player up. Yet, I am pulling for the sentimental notion of Cooley riding out the last 9 games with Griffin, as sort of a salvo to the old guard. 'Ya know? Give #47 a few history reel TD's from the future prince of the NFCE.

Per insider at Twitter, Cooley deal getting finalized now

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

TK ‏@TKextremeskins

Dust off your 47 jerseys #redskins RT @Jsteelz_Httr: get ready to welcome back Cooley..Deal close, may be done yet tonight

Yea, the sentimental side of me says it would be great to get Cooley. Maybe he will have that same chip Moss has.

But the practicle side says I really doubt it. There are TE's going down every week in the NFL, but yet Cooley, or Winslow for that matter

have not been picked up. Why ?? maybe they lost a step ? Maybe that do not have that hunger or intesity?

Besides, from what I understand is Cooley wants to be a starter. I see Niles Paul starting ahead of Cooley.

So there is no logic there to bring him back.

This season is likely now a growing stage rather than a potential playoff chase. I know, with RGIII, we'll have a shot to do something miraculous. But, realistically speaking, the schedule is insanely hard, and injuries have already decimated this team.

So, with that in mind, the forward thinking move is to bring a young player up. Yet, I am pulling for the sentimental notion of Cooley riding out the last 9 games with Griffin, as sort of a salvo to the old guard. 'Ya know? Give #47 a few history reel TD's from the future prince of the NFCE.

I agree with you..RG3 is amazing, but he doesn't play defense. We aren't beating anyone with a respectable QB/WR combo this year. We have quite possibly one of the worse secondaries in Redskins history jogging their sorry *bleep* on the field each week. Injuries piling up, a brutal schedule, we will likely only grab 5-6 wins this year so we need to push the young guy for experience.

However, I do think Cooley can help with that..just coming in and being a character guy. He can show some of the young guys how to prepare, what mistakes he learned from, etc etc. Plus he can be depth.

Yea, the sentimental side of me says it would be great to get Cooley. Maybe he will have that same chip Moss has.

But the practicle side says I really doubt it. There are TE's going down every week in the NFL, but yet Cooley, or Winslow for that matter

have not been picked up. Why ?? maybe they lost a step ? Maybe that do not have that hunger or intesity?

Besides, from what I understand is Cooley wants to be a starter. I see Niles Paul starting ahead of Cooley.

So there is no logic there to bring him back.

You think Paul would start ahead of Cooley?

Per insider at Twitter, Cooley deal getting finalized now

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

TK ‏@TKextremeskins

Dust off your 47 jerseys #redskins RT @Jsteelz_Httr: get ready to welcome back Cooley..Deal close, may be done yet tonight

If this pans out, I'm excited. Welcome back, Captain Chaos.

Jake Russell ‏@_JakeRussell

According to @JasonLaCanfora, the #Redskins have reached out to Chris Cooley and a deal should be finalized shortly.

That means we havent reached out to him at all LOL

Pretty sure I reported they reached out already.

Not speaking for texast, but right now I'm starting Paulsen. He had a great all around day today. And has been performing well all season.

I honestly don't know who would start. All I know is that Cooley wanted to start, and I assume that's why he's still available (that or nobody was interested). I just figured if he came back to play, there might be some potential for him to actually start considering that's what he wanted all along (not saying this would be in the best interest of the team though).

The only problem with Logan starting is he is SLOW. With Garcon still hurt and no other legit threat at WR teams will now know to focus on Paulson and he will be nonexistent.

who cares? he gets open. and knows how to block. u dont need to have athletes at every position, just football players

Cooley is done. He looked slow and un-athletic in the preseason...He'll come back and add nothing. We are better off trying something new IMO

Logan Paulsen should start

The only problem with Logan starting is he is SLOW. With Garcon still hurt and no other legit threat at WR teams will now know to focus on Paulson and he will be nonexistent.

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

It already is.

Well damn. Guess I was way off on that one. I hope he still has something in the tank. I dont think we have another starting caliber TE on the roster.

who cares? he gets open. and knows how to block. u dont need to have athletes at every position, just football players

Dont get me wrong, he has been great in spot duty. I just dont think he can come close to replacing what we lose with Sleepy being out.

Archived