Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Bring Cooley back?

JimmiJo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm happy he's back.

While we were watching the RGIII interview yesterday, an a-hole customer said, "Yeah, ya'll will be good in 3 or 4 years." I wanted to punch him out, because I have a really good feeling about a winning record this season, and he said it after I told him Cooley was back. He had no idea who Cooley is.:doh:

I'm glad Cooleys back. I've never been overly impressed by Davis and with his injury I'd rather have Cooley on the team than him. Davis' injury worries me and might be a recurring thing throughout his carrer. Chris will probably be less dear to resign, should he play next year, and only got cut because he is not starting material. It doesn't mean he's not a good player and not able to help the team.

For that matter, I'd rather have Cooley than Winslow too. If KW is so good then how come no one signed him? He's been in the leauge just as long as Capt. Chaos but has never been as good.

BB = 4 catches for 14 yards

AA = 3 catches for 13 yards

So it's basically a wash at this point. They are both terrible WRs.

I'm not saying he's an allstar, but he at least put up one year of 1,000 yds. Banks?? Nothing. It's also hard to go to a new city, new system, new everything and produce right away. (Yes he has been in Miami before but not with this regime.)

Also lets not forget the difference in ability between the two QBs/Systems being run.

Touchdown COOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY this week. Truss it.

And if I get banned again for supporting a player...with supporting stats...so be it. But Davis has...THIS stat line:

7 games

0 TDs

24 receptions

325 yards

Double those stats...to approximately account for full season...and that's worth $6 million? No way. He's never touched a healthy Cooley season, and he's not 1/3 of the locker room leader. Cooley should have never been cut...he will have 410 yards and 4 Tds by Week 16.

I will go as far to say that this injury has corrected the Shanallen mistake...and saved the organization a lot of face.

Good luck to Davis in the future on some other team in need of a mediocre TE.

I see no reason for the animosity towards Davis brasi. He was the leading receiver on the team this year, and he was very good before he got suspended last year. I hope he gets better and returns next season ready to go.

That said, I could not be more thrilled to have Cooley back, and I would agree that Davis can only hope to accomplish as much in his career.

No animosity. But I don't consider Davis a true Redskin.

In fact, he's an embarrassment on several counts.

I said I wish him luck...

I can't wait until CC47 quiets all the folks saying he was washed up, couldn't play, etc. (Shanallen included)

How's Niles Paul working out? LOL

No animosity. But I don't consider Davis a true Redskin.

In fact, he's an embarrassment on several counts.

I said I wish him luck...

I can't wait until CC47 quiets all the folks saying he was washed up, couldn't play, etc. (Shanallen included)

How's Niles Paul working out? LOL

a true redskin?

wtf does that mean?

Your Cooley love is crazy. Do you know him personally?

Davis:

1. oversleeps

2. smokes up and gets suspended

3. acts like a clown in court and embarrasses the team

4. mediocre stats over the long term

Cooley:

1. best tight end in our history

2. gave all of us a reason to watch the team for years (and never complained)

3. class act

4. team first

It's all a combination. In an age of "me first" Cooley isn't.

I don't know what qualifies a TRUE Redskin...but here's the short list of guys that pop into my head first...add your own.

Santana Moss

Darrell Green

Joe Theismann

Chris Cooley

London Fletcher

Sean Taylor

Art Monk

The Hogs

Russ Grimm

Riggo

Dave Butz

Fred is not on the list. He never will be. Good luck elsewhere.

What's wrong w. being proud of a player who doesn't make me ashamed to wear a Skins jersey?

Davis:

1. oversleeps

2. smokes up and gets suspended

3. acts like a clown in court and embarrasses the team

4. mediocre stats over the long term

Cooley:

1. best tight end in our history

2. gave all of us a reason to watch the team for years (and never complained)

3. class act

4. team first

It's all a combination. In an age of "me first" Cooley isn't.

I don't know what qualifies a TRUE Redskin...but here's the short list of guys that pop into my head first...add your own.

Santana Moss

Darrell Green

Joe Theismann

Chris Cooley

London Fletcher

Sean Taylor

Art Monk

The Hogs

Russ Grimm

Riggo

Dave Butz

Fred is not on the list. He never will be. Good luck elsewhere.

What's wrong w. being proud of a player who doesn't make me ashamed to wear a Skins jersey?

did Cooley not do goofy **** like showing his johnson online and the team playbook?

ehh, screw it.

I hope he does well Sunday.

did Cooley not do goofy **** like showing his johnson online and the team playbook?

ehh, screw it.

I hope he does well Sunday.

That didn't get him suspended. Davis put himself before the team blazing. This is just for the sake of this argument, I'd rather have Davis out there.

Archived